Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 22-06-2022, 11:22 AM
Master

An interview with psychiatrist and past life regression therapist Dr. Brian Weiss

An insightful interview with psychiatrist and past life regression therapist Dr. Brian Weiss on the nature of reincarnation.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/16990083.cms

Quote:
I firmly believe karma is not punishment but an opportunity to learn our lessons. If the lessons have not been learnt in a previous lifetime, we come back to work on them. The lessons are about love, compassion, non-violence, patience, understanding and non-prejudice. ~ Dr. Brian Weiss

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 22-06-2022, 11:20 PM
Thumbs up

What? Someone is bringing up Brian Weiss?
YAY!

He's right...never was about punishment at ALL! Ever.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-07-2022, 10:41 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
An insightful interview with psychiatrist and past life regression therapist Dr. Brian Weiss on the nature of reincarnation.
Karma has become a reward/punishment mentality and frankly it's not much use Spiritually. What makes sense of it all is kamma-vipaka so if you want the 'real deal' that's worth a look at.

Since there's been so much wisdom about there being no time that has been posted on these here forums, if there is no time are there past lives?
Old 02-07-2022, 06:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade

Since there's been so much wisdom about there being no time that has been posted on these here forums, if there is no time are there past lives?

"Past lives" is meant in sequential terms, not in physical temporal terms. A "past life" could've been any "time" in physical temporal terms: future, past, alternate present.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 02-07-2022, 06:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay00
Quote:
I firmly believe karma is not punishment but an opportunity to learn our lessons. If the lessons have not been learnt in a previous lifetime, we come back to work on them. ... ~ Dr. Brian Weiss
Whatever you experience now is the result of your current level of development. When you grow, you're doing better; if you don't grow, you make mistakes and you experience their consequences. If you hit your finger with the hammer while nailing a board is because you're clumsy now, not because you're cheating on your wife (unrelated clumsy nailing).

Your past-lives mistakes don't hurt you in this life, as you didn't just have a nightmare because you did something bad in an earlier dream.

Karma (as whatever you experience now) isn't an opportunity, but a gauge of your current development.

I heard a tennis commentator claiming that one learns more from defeats than from victories. That's why he is a bad commentator and not a tennis champion, because he rationalized nonsense.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 02-07-2022, 06:41 PM
Master

Quote:
"... The lessons are about love, compassion, non-violence, patience, understanding and non-prejudice." ~ Dr. Brian Weiss
No, that's not it.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 19-05-2023 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Qualifier, this is your opinion
Old 02-07-2022, 10:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I heard a tennis commentator claiming that one learns more from defeats than from victories. That's why he is a bad commentator and not a tennis champion, because he rationalized nonsense.
on the other hand it is much much easier to get a defeat than a victory, so, statistically speaking he was right because at least at the start even a pro gets beaten much more often than he has victories... and if he didn't learn from those defeats he would never go on to victory.
Old 03-07-2022, 11:22 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
"Past lives" is meant in sequential terms, not in physical temporal terms. A "past life" could've been any "time" in physical temporal terms: future, past, alternate present.
A sequence of past lives is still time, only relative to the 'Soul' experiencing it. It's still a linear progression. Only when the 'Soul' experiences all their past lives in the same moment is there no time. In your perception, if 'this 'life' is different to 'that life' then you still have a perception of time relative to you rather than relative to to the temporal.

Our perception of time IS a sequence.
Old 03-07-2022, 06:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
A sequence of past lives is still time, only relative to the 'Soul' experiencing it. It's still a linear progression. Only when the 'Soul' experiences all their past lives in the same moment is there no time. In your perception, if 'this 'life' is different to 'that life' then you still have a perception of time relative to you rather than relative to to the temporal.

Our perception of time IS a sequence.
They are two different sequences, in different frameworks. The physical time is like the time you experience in a video-game, or in a training program, compared to the time you are outside it.

It was incorrectly called "simultaneous" because, for example in school there is activity simultaneously in all the grades 1,2,3, ... But in each grade, in time, people who attend it keep changing.

People heard that misnomer and run away with it without comprehending.
Old 19-05-2023, 10:32 AM
Master

An interview with Dr. Brian Weiss that took place in 2011...

https://hayhouseoz.wordpress.com/201...brian-l-weiss/

Quote:
The concept of past life therapy is very much related to traditional psychotherapy. The recall of emotionally important and often forgotten memories has a healing effect on present day symptoms. Past life therapy merely expands the arena beyond childhood and infancy into previous lives. ~ Dr. Brian Weiss

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon