Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 05-06-2023, 04:05 PM
Master
Some people think that eternity is a very long time but I feel that eternity is the absence of time, and infinity the absence of space; as there is no space when all of space is occupied by omnipresent divinity. I find it interesting that most scientists believe that space is curved; again confirming how motion and time are circular, Even atoms rotate in a circular motion.
Old 05-06-2023, 07:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
if we had constant daylight without any night time at all then we wouldn’t be able to say yesterday or tomorrow cos there is nothing to judge it by. I mean everyday would be all the time wouldn’t it cos there’s no night to split it up.
Which makes me think of those who live in Antarctica or the extreme North where at certain times of the year there is continual darkness or continual daylight. Presumably they are still aware of the passing of time, the passage of days. After all, they still have to sleep for a certain number of hours at regular intervals. But it might be disorientating to live in such an environment.

Peace
Old 05-06-2023, 07:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Does this begin to illustrate that the notion of "time" is actually the by product of the registering/recognition of the occurrence of sequential happenings?
I like the idea of time as being the perceived interval between two events in consciousness, which is similar to what you are saying.

And we can consider time as both subjective and objective.

Objective time is based on the daily rotation of the Earth and the annual orbit of the Earth around the Sun, and so on.

Subjective time is the experience of the individual within objective time, based on the perceived interval between two events in consciousness as mentioned above.

We think of time as linear because that is the common experience of consciousness on the physical plane. But there are many cases of anomalies in linear time which was discussed in a previous thread which suggest that even linear time is not a fixed progression.

And I suspect that in Consciousness itself there is no linear time; there is duration of Being within which successive events occur.

Peace
Old 06-06-2023, 07:42 AM
Martino

I found your own consciousness creates your reality of time
it would be an interaction of energies that make up that experience
The energies are , think of the sound your inner voice makes and the light you see in your dreams . the interaction of those two energies makes time a reality for you .
That being so its not a fixed thing , but more a shared reality you can move away from .
Old 06-06-2023, 08:03 AM
Master

Iamthat #12

Yes it’s funny I was thinking about that after ide written my comments. So maybe in the arctic they get around time by saying, “after two sleeps we go to the……….”

We say that to kids over here when they ask how long until Christmas and the answer would be eg seven sleeps. Lol

Then there are the Native Americans who used to judge time by “how many moons”.

But for me personally I find it really hard to get my head around the concept of time doesn’t exist even tho I know it’s true. The simple eg I originally gave was the only way I could vaguely understand it.
Old 06-06-2023, 02:25 PM
Ascender

Hello all.

There is a particular sequencing happening ---and reason suggests constantly happening?--with regard to existence. This is the continuous functioning of cause and consequence--cause and effect.

Putting aside for a moment differences of opinion/beliefs as to the nature of the primary (initial) and ongoing cause/s, we could perhaps agree that this function/functioning of cause and consequence is actually responsible for existence. We might perhaps go further and ponder that this functioning is in some mysterious way existence itself--a process-- and not a "place" at all?

A process which inevitably and inextricably includes all and everything, from the greatest to the smallest, with the possibility/potential that each and every component from mind boggling galactic collisions to the most minute of particles has a part to play in the whole process. An interconnection and interdependence which we do not--and may never--fully understand--and yet, and yet--as we ponder-- as we do and as we are doing--upon the mystery, we may also be moved by awe, marvel at the majesty, and come to know in some way even that which we do not fully understand, developing an empathic knowing by choosing to simply feel part of it all.

Our pondering here upon "time" begins to take us in that direction.imo.

Cheers.
Old 05-07-2023, 07:06 PM
Master
Related to this, ''What would we see at the speed of light?''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFNg...nceClicEnglish