Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 20-06-2011, 08:23 PM
scorpiowitch66

Ooo and she will smell good too. I love coconut.

Thanks!
Old 23-06-2011, 04:59 AM
Neth Rana

VASELINE.
My sister has really bad eczema. Poor thing's had it her whole life. When it gets really bad, she puts vaseline on it. It is kind of slimey, but I know it gives her a lot of relief. Actually, when it gets REALLY bad, she'll put vaseline on it, wrap saran wrap around it, and sleep with it on. In the morning, she takes the saran wrap off and her skin feels a lot better. She also uses protopic (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000200/) and Aveeno lotion.

She's asleep right now, but if you have any questions or anything about it, I can definitely ask her for you and get the information back to you. She's had a long battle with trying to get it under control (and is finally succeeding in doing so ) so she's pretty much an expert. Hope this helps!
Old 23-06-2011, 01:16 PM
iolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiowitch66
My daughter has eczema and most all creams burn when I put it on her...Anyone know of any alternatives?

Thanks!

Have you tried a trial of taking gluten out of her diet for a while? Eczema is one of the ways gluten intolerance can manifest. Also, are you giving her a vitamin D supplement? It could be she's deficient in vitamin D. I don't know how old your daughter is, but there are sublingual and liquid vitamin D products out there. If she is young - preschool age - 1,000iu-2,000iu supplement would be a good place to start. Children today are often deficient, because vitamin D is found naturally in only a few foods (liver is one) and children simply don't eat these foods and they don't get the vitamin from the sun as they get slathered with sunscreen to prevent burns.

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org is a good source for more information.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:36 PM
jjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiowitch66
My daughter has eczema and most all creams burn when I put it on her...Anyone know of any alternatives?

Thanks!

:( I'm sorry to hear about that. My kids both had very severe eczema for about the first 6 years of their lives. I researched and experimented like mad. Some people get some relief with Lavender oil (make sure it's 100% pure essential oil of course, not fragrance oil). My son (10) still gets a form of eczema on his palms and soles of his feet after he has been in water and it helps with this. I'm sure you're doing or have done the wet-to-dry wraps? I wish I could tell you that I have it figured out. For one thing, I think that it varies so much from person to person. We have also found relief from a mixture of chamomile and carrotseed essential oils (in a bath). Eczema is an immune system issue so vitamins and minerals are a good idea. Evening Primrose and Flax seed, etc can't hurt (I never noticed a difference with them but they are good for a person). I found a product called Skin-e-Dip online if it's still out there that helped some. When it is moist eczema, Burow's solution on a white cotton cloth with HOT water works very well.

My son has allergies to everything so that may be a consideration. However, my daughter has virtually no allergies but does have some health stuff going on. I wish I could talk her into hypno :) .
Old 06-07-2011, 05:10 AM
Morganna

Cat

Hello, my g/daughter and g/son both have this horrid skin disorder. Both my daughter and myself went to a Mind Body Spirit event and we came across the Himalayan Salt Lamps stand. I started talking to the man there and he asked if my duaghter had tried the salt bar to help with the eczema.. she hadn't but thought it was worth a try. She took it home tried it that night in the bath and to our great surprise it WORKED . All you do is place it under the tap or put it on a flannel/facewasher and run it over the affected area. If possible let it dry naturally. If not then pat dry. Salt is a natural healer.... go to the beach maybe...just a thought I hope this helps you.

Cheers for now Morganna.
Old 16-08-2011, 06:56 AM
autumn

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
Have you tried a trial of taking gluten out of her diet for a while? Eczema is one of the ways gluten intolerance can manifest. Also, are you giving her a vitamin D supplement? It could be she's deficient in vitamin D. I don't know how old your daughter is, but there are sublingual and liquid vitamin D products out there. If she is young - preschool age - 1,000iu-2,000iu supplement would be a good place to start. Children today are often deficient, because vitamin D is found naturally in only a few foods (liver is one) and children simply don't eat these foods and they don't get the vitamin from the sun as they get slathered with sunscreen to prevent burns.

http://www.vitamindcouncil.org is a good source for more information.

Just what I was going to say!

Another thing you can try is German Chamomile essential oil. Chamomile has been shown to work better than hydrocortisone in some studies.
Old 23-08-2011, 10:49 PM
Celtic Goddess

I developed an eczema patch after an allergic reaction to Armour thyroid, and I've tried evening primrose oil which, unfortunately, only caused the eczema to itch worse. Also have tried calendula oil but what works the best for me is vitamin e oil (D-alpha)
Old 28-08-2011, 01:33 AM
Twinflamefound

Stick to natural methods if you can. Natural soaps and even castor oil helps. Our local Heath shop sells natural soaps made the old fashioned way, you get a huge bar for only a couple of dollars and it last for ages. Goats milk soap (natural) works great, plus oatmeal socks in the bath too. Google how to make these, they are fairly simple.
Sorry, Vaseline is definitely a no go zone. You wouldn't rub petrol on your skin, and it is getting absorbed straight into the blood. I have studied this as I used to make my own natural products. The amount of dangerous ingredients they put in creams and soaps is just scary!
My niece had it bad, and they found removing diary like yoghurt from her diet helped, plus no flannel sheets or pajamas. Cotton is best. Overheating especially at night flares it up.
It takes time for it to go down but yes she will grow out of it. My niece did. Besides some dry patches, it's pretty much gone.
Old 26-12-2022, 01:34 PM
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by astroboy
That page looks good!!!

I have Psysorsis and I would love finding something to try and clear my skin w/o it causing more problems...... (Everything I have tried from Pharma makes me itch like crazy)