Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 08-01-2023, 07:31 PM
Master
Unhappy Can we overcome pain? Through death?

Can we evolve to overcome pain through death and reincarnation??

~

I at times say it’s equivalent to a days work, the hardest Labour Day you will go through: so maybe our spirits will evolve to not feel pain in these bodies??

It might take a couple million years but is there any hope for us?

A world with pain an existence with pain is just a sign that there are forces far greater than we could imagine: has life just been blown wide open???

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 08-01-2023, 09:16 PM
Seeker

Pain hurts, but it's there for a reason. To teach us to listen. Listen to our bodies or to our higher selves. I hurt my back once, and after a few x-rays the lady at the hospital asked if I did alright with vicodin. I said no, I'd rather find out what is wrong with my back, not mask the pain so I can do more damage without feeling it. Listen to your pain, in it you'll find wisdom.
Old 09-01-2023, 01:22 AM
Master
To numb yourself of pain, you'd have to numb yourself to all emotions/feelings. That would be a boring existence. To be honest.

That said, you may not be able to avoid pain, or feeling pain, you can learn to rise above the suffering that is created from the pain.
Old 09-01-2023, 09:08 AM
Master

I don't think we can avoid pain either , emotional or physical.
Maybe one day when robots take over the world....being robotic will elevate all emotion. And then what's the point?
Pain, unfortunately is part of life just as death is.
Old 11-01-2023, 03:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul13
Can we evolve to overcome pain through death and reincarnation??

At best you can leave bodily pain behind with death. Not sure you can leave mental anguish behind with death. If you then come back with a new body you start over with the effects of karma from your previous lives. And the new body also comes with new bodily pain.
Old 16-01-2023, 05:17 AM
Knower
You want pain. That is what reincarnation is about. How you deal with the pain from life to life defines the soul's evolution. Once you pass into the spiritual realm, your memory of reality comes back and you realize the pain you suffered was part of what you agreed to experience. You shed this pain when you pass from life into the spiritual.

PastPilot
Old 16-01-2023, 07:02 AM
Master
It's like there are levels, and pain hurts and lasts a long time as you endure it on a crude, hard level of the body, but it is possible to become aware of much more subtle levels of the body where you don't feel pain and perception of change is much faster. It takes a lot of practice to train the perception to be sensitive enough, and that involves purification that dissolves the hard, dense feelings in the body. I'm not sure if it's possible to remain at that subtle level times, or if it's necessary to return to the harder cruder levels, but I imagine one can exist mostly at a very subtle level, at least... Maybe for some necessary aspects of survival we'd have to be cruder though.

It's a little bit complex because the desire for subtle levels that feel great along with the aversion toward the crude, hard, painful levels prevents progress of purification, so you have to cease perpetuating the reactive dynamic and remain neutral toward things as they change, but it takes work to overcome such reactive tendencies and establish oneself with really stable equanimity.
Old 16-01-2023, 01:58 PM
Master

Totally agree with PastPilot #7.
Old 06-02-2023, 04:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastPilot
You want pain.
I use to say this myself but found this was not true. Not the complete answer imo. There are other levels. Karmas are connected, lessons are connected. I have observed how casually we treat pain and that also holds meaning. I agree in many ways with post 3 also.