Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 18-08-2021, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
It's a Consciousness far above and beyond
what's normally perceived as waking consciousness.

What we perceive as waking consciousness
is a blurry reflection.
It's like looking at a full Moon
in the night sky
and thinking you know the brilliance of light,
until you look into the Sun at noon.
It truly makes one poetic.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-08-2021, 12:52 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viswa
What is Maya?

it is like putting a TV screen in front of your face, then mistaking the images you see as if they were somehow more important than they really are. IOW you can watch all sorts of garbage and think it somehow real, without ever knowing your own plight.
Old 19-08-2021, 06:51 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Sir, Is it so? The decision/thought itself a temporary thing or Ignorance or Maya.
Thoughts come from Chitta or Lower Mind while Maya is illusion or ignorance. The decision that some things are temporary while some things are eternal is Spirituality contradicting itself, because in Spirituality time - and therefore eternity - is a thought itself.

Quote:
Sir, Tiger can think, itself as a cat. And as per it's thought, it feels/appears so. But this thought is what "Ignorance". The manifestations are not actuality. It manifests because "I want/think it to be" - so it is. And I assume the Manifestations as "reality". But, it is not.
Does my dog think he's a dog or does he simply exist according to his nature? He certainly doesn't understand Spirituality, when I asked him he looked at me than nran for his ball so we could play.

"I want to think it to be" is human nature and a whole load of psychology.

Which reality are you talking about? The objective reality is that all reality is subjective, and everyone's reality is real to them. I've worked in Mental health so I understand how the brain can create reality that Spirituality will never understand.

Quote:
To see what I am - one has to put aside/negate whatever one think is. If I think, world is Brahman too, it's not. It's a trick of thought.

If I say, "Whatever is non-permanent is not real", what's your view?
'Negate' is a strong word and is akin to ignore, as in intentionally ignore.
One has to really understand what one is and how it came about, otherwise what comes after is still built on the same frameworks and simply becomes another 'false self'. 'Negating' is often denial of what is, and for the Spiritual person that's not constructive nor Spiritual. It takes a process of 'na-eti, na-eti'. or 'not this, not this' to pare away the layers of what we are not to find the heart of what we are.

If you think the world is Brahman too or if you think that thought is a trick and therefore not Brahman, that is also Brahman. But that is beyond thought.

'Non-permanent' only exists in relation to the 'permanent' and both are Maya, the ineffable only exists in relation to the effable and both are Maya. Anything that exists in relation to something else is Maya. If time doesn't exist then there is no such thing as permanent or not.
Old 19-08-2021, 10:52 AM
Knower

Quote:
What is Maya?
Divine Hypnosis
Old 19-08-2021, 12:46 PM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Thoughts come from Chitta or Lower Mind while Maya is illusion or ignorance.

I have only thing to say - About "SOUL" and "MIND" (Not about body/universe as these are just Images seen in a Quiet Mind/Mirror).

There is "One/soul/Brahman" and it has the quality of Mind/Mirror/Chitta. There is no upper/Lower Mind - but one Mind/Chitta.

When there is movement in Chitta - (i.e. Thoughts) - this whole universe Appears. This Movement is MAYA. It's not True. But "Ignorance" feels it as "TRUE" and "Ignorance" differentiates as Upper Mind,lower,falseself,good/bad thoughts.

There is no movement at all Actually. But only bcz of my "Ignorance" that "Thoughts" is present in Chitta (and good or bad) - believes it to be "TRUE" and gets caught in "IGNORANCE".

When the whole Pond/Chitta/Mind becomes Still (i.e. no movement or thoughts), only then the "One" which is present can be FELT. When one(in an ignorant being) 'thinks' that thoughts appear - then it is definitely "Ignorance". To an Enlightened Being - it's just a Flow (One calls them Intelligence or Transformation of Thoughts - in which there is no act of thinking happens but a flow without forgetting/moving away from feeling THAT - 24/7 - no death/birth).

And this might be the Last post - and I feel I expressed it clearly. Only Soul and Mind (quiet) is present. Only my "Ignorance" makes me "think" - "Thoughts" as good/bad - so in that "Ignorance" - Chitta/Mind shakes and forgets the "ONE".

Thanks. And Hope everything goes well as one desired for.
Old 19-08-2021, 01:59 PM
Please remember the Admins requested 2-3 sentences when quoting others.
Thanks.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-08-2021, 11:36 AM
Knower

What is Maya

Please listen to this short Video by Swami Sarvapriyanand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeio2MFThZg
Old 23-11-2021, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uday_Advaita
Please listen to this short Video by Swami Sarvapriyanand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeio2MFThZg
I did! only 6 min.
It wasn't till the last minute, for me...I really enjoyed it.
I loved ...*I saw a lion in my dream, where did it come from?
"There is no lion. Wake up!"
LOL! How simple is that!

Old 26-11-2021, 09:44 AM
Master
Quote:
And this might be the Last post - and I feel I expressed it clearly. Only Soul and Mind (quiet) is present. Only my "Ignorance" makes me "think" - "Thoughts" as good/bad - so in that "Ignorance" - Chitta/Mind shakes and forgets the "ONE".
As you duly noted, there is no lower and higher mind, there is only the one self. The one self has the thoughts and is conscious and aware of said thoughts. The self relates itself with the physical by having thoughts. Thoughts that are not true, and therefore have no basis in reality are made up/invented, maya, ignorance, ahamkara etc. I have said many times on this forum that their is no true and false self. Consciousness and awareness of our thoughts makes it seem like we have a mind.
Old 26-11-2021, 11:14 AM
Viswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
I have said many times on this forum that their is no true and false self. Consciousness and awareness of our thoughts makes it seem like we have a mind.

Hi Mike. Well said.

Last edited by Viswa : 26-11-2021 at 01:31 PM.