Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 08-10-2010, 03:04 PM
ThinkingAloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

There are some great books on this, TA, such as "The Dancing Wu Li Masters" ... "The Field" and others. And there's the movie on CD now "What the Bleep Do We Know".

Xan

Xan, thanks for the info. Although I've been watching a lot on quantum physics and have heard about 'what the bleep do we know', I decided to look the film up on YouTube thanks to your suggestion and it is quite fascinating.

The slit test is pretty mind blowing. Also, the fact that separated atoms can react to each other and everything on the quantum level is connected - i.e. everything in the universe, is fascinating from a scientific view but also pretty much what spiritualists have been telling us for years!

Science maybe catching up! ;)
Old 09-10-2010, 03:57 AM
mahakali

they explain neuroplasticity as well and the way the hypothalamus works. the animated cells are my favorite. You learn that you are letting your mind loose control giving in to your addictions when we truly are capable of changing things. they explain this so well and I really learned how to better myself because of it.

''We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.'' -Buddha
Old 09-10-2010, 04:52 AM
LaMont Cranston

Aloha

ThinkingAloud, Greetings! Are you the same ThinkingAloud that I've met on another forum? (I sometimes referred to you as Thinking Allowed.) If so, it's a small world. Actually, the world is a large as we make it.

Anyway, in response to the thread topic, the answer is "yes," in order for something to exist, in your life, it must have life. Fortunately and very conveniently, you are the one who gives it that life, so, in a very real sense, you are the one who has it exist.

The Shadow knows...
Old 13-10-2010, 01:41 AM
ThinkingAloud

Hi Lamont. I'm not sure. I've posted on a philosophy forum and science.

There was a programme on TV just last night which covered the theories of the big bang.

It covered the fact that empty space has energy - even a vacuum when it is completely emptied of atoms - energy still exists.

Hence my thought that even empty space must have life to exist! By life, I mean in existence.

But then you begin to think about the energy which exists and the consciousness and intelligence of it.
Old 13-10-2010, 11:33 PM
Master
Yes... Empty space has energy for life.

Through meditation you can experience the vast space of subtle energy and consciousness directly, beyond your logical understanding.

Xan

Old 05-10-2020, 02:32 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingAloud
It's a question I've posted on scientific and philosophy forums, but just seem to get a load of abuse! So I'm posting it on here to hopefully receive replies from those thinking outside the box, not constrained by scientific thought.

For something to exist, even 'empty' space, it surely must possess some sort of life force of some sort? Not necessarily sentient, but a life force none the less by virtue of existing.

Would this be something you agree with or do you think I'm way off?

Thanks!

Hmmmmm well let me ask you this what do you mean by life force?
And why do you feel thst there has to be life force for something to exist ? (Working the question backwards to try to find the answer fyi)
Old 06-10-2020, 05:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
Hmmmmm well let me ask you this what do you mean by life force?
And why do you feel thst there has to be life force for something to exist ? (Working the question backwards to try to find the answer fyi)

Did that user you quoted came back under a new name??? Otherwise i don't foresee this user who hasn't been here in ten years suddenly make a comeback to answer your question because they telepathically knew you asked a question. But it is an interesting idea for a thread. I can see why the bump.

Perhaps for something to exist our 5 major senses picks up on it while our mind processes, interprets, and labels. Our imagination plays a big role as well.
Old 21-10-2020, 03:53 AM
MAYA EL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Did that user you quoted came back under a new name??? Otherwise i don't foresee this user who hasn't been here in ten years suddenly make a comeback to answer your question because they telepathically knew you asked a question. But it is an interesting idea for a thread. I can see why the bump.

Perhaps for something to exist our 5 major senses picks up on it while our mind processes, interprets, and labels. Our imagination plays a big role as well.

Holy **** I had no idea hold that post was lol
Old 21-10-2020, 07:24 AM
Master

It's well worth remembering that until you were born or conceived, (you can take your choice) the universe didn't exist.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 21-10-2020, 01:24 PM
Deactivated Account
I think for something to have a ''life force'' it must be a literal lifeform, whether it be a plant, an insect, a microbe, a reptile, or a mammal. But when it comes to non-living things, they just exist out of energy. And by that I mean atoms.