Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 25-11-2020, 05:17 PM
JustASimpleGuy JustASimpleGuy is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Adirondack Mountains, Upstate NY
Posts: 2,470
  JustASimpleGuy's Avatar
Jnana Yoga The Path of Inquiry

The crux of Advaita Vedanta non-dualism explained in 13 minutes (from minute 43 - 56).

https://youtu.be/sD6MgSiRk9A?t=2586

This is the Vedantic method of looking within, or Neti Neti. It's one of many Vivekas, this one being the seer and the seen, negating what one is not and leaving the one unchanging aspect that one is.
__________________
"Research your own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own." ~ Bruce Lee

"Of a certainty the man who can see all creatures in himself, himself in all creatures, knows no sorrow." ~ Upanishads

https://tinyurl.com/y2mxr4s2 My YouTube Channel

JASG
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 27-11-2020, 05:04 AM
Aditi
Posts: n/a
 
Sarvapriyananda does a very good job of explaining these things. I intend to come back and listen to the whole thing when I get a chance. Thank you for sharing it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 27-11-2020, 05:24 AM
Joe Mc Joe Mc is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,593
  Joe Mc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
The crux of Advaita Vedanta non-dualism explained in 13 minutes (from minute 43 - 56).

https://youtu.be/sD6MgSiRk9A?t=2586

This is the Vedantic method of looking within, or Neti Neti. It's one of many Vivekas, this one being the seer and the seen, negating what one is not and leaving the one unchanging aspect that one is.


Likewise as Aditi, thanks for sharing. Funny enough I had been watching this video awhile back and when I switched on your link to it ..the video was already at 43 minutes, that's where I had stopped So happy days ! Thanks.

*****************************
**************************************
__________________
Too much intellectual pride and not enough intellectual beauty

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

And you won't find that Love comes easy but that Love is always right.So even when the dark clouds gather you will be the light.

All Intellect falls prey to Love's Glory ! Rumi

He Made the Lock, He also Made the Key ! Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 27-11-2020, 06:35 AM
JustASimpleGuy JustASimpleGuy is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Adirondack Mountains, Upstate NY
Posts: 2,470
  JustASimpleGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditi
Sarvapriyananda does a very good job of explaining these things. I intend to come back and listen to the whole thing when I get a chance. Thank you for sharing it.

He has amazing clarity of mind and such an easy nature. Out of all the content I consume on this topic I'd say he's the most likely speaker to be Enlightened. He shines forth and so brightly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Likewise as Aditi, thanks for sharing. Funny enough I had been watching this video awhile back and when I switched on your link to it ..the video was already at 43 minutes, that's where I had stopped So happy days ! Thanks.

*****************************
**************************************

The universe is knocking at your door!
__________________
"Research your own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own." ~ Bruce Lee

"Of a certainty the man who can see all creatures in himself, himself in all creatures, knows no sorrow." ~ Upanishads

https://tinyurl.com/y2mxr4s2 My YouTube Channel

JASG
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums