Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 07-11-2020, 01:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
...Way over 4 decades ago....
You expect us to believe any one is that old?
Old 07-11-2020, 02:17 AM
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
You expect us to believe any one is that old?

I'm VERY immature!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-11-2020, 04:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Talk to God ---Don't be consumed by thoughts, my friends.
It's a Dance - it's a Game...enjoy the longing, the pulling and
the drawing of you in... closer and closer..His hand over hand, slowly pulling...
like pulling a row boat to shore.
Feel it...as the perfection of your life brings you to Him...to the One,
Home ...to your Father, your Source of Being.

There it is, the bhakti path in English.
Old 11-11-2020, 10:45 PM
Master
These days I do not have to actively quiet my mind, as I have been practicing quiet meditation now for more than 4-decades, and can quiet my mind effortlessly at will. It took a while for me to get here, and a consistent daily meditation practice of quieting my thoughts helped.

For me, I had to build the silence. In the beginning of my practice there was so much chatter. Then I learned some, very simple, does and don’ts. Like if I let my thoughts run wild the majority of the day, its going to be difficult to try and quiet my thoughts afterwards. I had to maintain that inner silence the majority of my waking hours to build on it.

The silence is always there, 24/7-365. You do not have to add anything, we all have everything that we need. It is just a matter of letting go. It begins with letting go of the noise, quieting our thoughts, and along the way we may find a lot more to let go of then just our thoughts. “If my heart weighs more than a feather then I carry too much weight.” A Yogi Maxim.

When I worked I would go into the restroom, or sit outdoors on a bench, and meditate on my breaks. A 10-minute meditation on silence can be as refreshing as taking a nap. I usually got two fifth-teen minute breaks and a lunch break, where I would find time to quiet my mind and exist in silence. This also helped me better interact with other people at work.

Meditating in the same spot at my home was also helpful, as the meditation energies built up in that spot, and made it easier to slip into a meditative state every time I sat in that spot. The same thing happens in a church, temple, or synagogue, with people worshipping, praying and meditating regularly in those buildings they become serene places from the build up of that serene energy.

Part of the journey is gathering, and inventing, tips and tricks that specifically work for you. A cookie cutter practice will only take you so far. There comes a point when relationship skills become very importent when communing with our deeper being, and the first rule of communication is to listen. My deeper being tells me what I need to do to deepen my experience, and it often amazes me how the messages are presented to me.
Old 13-11-2020, 10:05 AM
ant

Question for Starman,

have you transcended the false sense of self aka ego?

If so,why is your Ego on here,engaging and playing amongst the mud?
Old 13-11-2020, 11:26 AM
Master
A reflection:

If thought emanates from a thinker thinking ...
Vaporise the thinker ... the doer so doing
Within the void of each polarity interchange ...
No-thing remains save presence unstained
Old 18-11-2020, 03:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
Question for Starman,

have you transcended the false sense of self aka ego?

If so,why is your Ego on here,engaging and playing amongst the mud?
You asked a question, and then offered a possible follow-up answer to your question, and then critiqued the follow-up answer you offered.

My answer to you inquiry is that I do not see myself as having transcended anything. More over I strive to find everything useful. Although, I do not embrace the concept of “ego.” Ego to me is a theoretical paradigm derived from mental construction of a possible self reality.
Old 18-11-2020, 08:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
These days I do not have to actively quiet my mind, as I have been practicing quiet meditation now for more than 4-decades, and can quiet my mind effortlessly at will. It took a while for me to get here, and a consistent daily meditation practice of quieting my thoughts helped.

For me, I had to build the silence. In the beginning of my practice there was so much chatter. Then I learned some, very simple, does and don’ts. Like if I let my thoughts run wild the majority of the day, its going to be difficult to try and quiet my thoughts afterwards. I had to maintain that inner silence the majority of my waking hours to build on it.

The silence is always there, 24/7-365. You do not have to add anything, we all have everything that we need. It is just a matter of letting go. It begins with letting go of the noise, quieting our thoughts, and along the way we may find a lot more to let go of then just our thoughts. “If my heart weighs more than a feather then I carry too much weight.” A Yogi Maxim.

When I worked I would go into the restroom, or sit outdoors on a bench, and meditate on my breaks. A 10-minute meditation on silence can be as refreshing as taking a nap. I usually got two fifth-teen minute breaks and a lunch break, where I would find time to quiet my mind and exist in silence. This also helped me better interact with other people at work.

Meditating in the same spot at my home was also helpful, as the meditation energies built up in that spot, and made it easier to slip into a meditative state every time I sat in that spot. The same thing happens in a church, temple, or synagogue, with people worshipping, praying and meditating regularly in those buildings they become serene places from the build up of that serene energy.

Part of the journey is gathering, and inventing, tips and tricks that specifically work for you. A cookie cutter practice will only take you so far. There comes a point when relationship skills become very importent when communing with our deeper being, and the first rule of communication is to listen. My deeper being tells me what I need to do to deepen my experience, and it often amazes me how the messages are presented to me.

That is great Starman. I think we can learn from you. I certain can. I enjoyed reading what you wrote.
Old 19-11-2020, 04:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
The silence is always there, 24/7-365. You do not have to add anything, we all have everything that we need. It is just a matter of letting go.
I'm only up to 23.5/7/365. This aligns with my experience.

Those other few minutes a day I notice the chatter and it ceases quickly, no 'action' is taken to stop it.
Old 19-11-2020, 10:19 PM
Master
I think the internal dialogue is okay. We talk to ourselves to work things out. I remember when people used to think that people who talked to themselves out loud had mental problems. Today you really can not tell, with so many people talking on their phone in public, many have and ear piece and it looks like they are talking to themselves.

Silence is only a break, and it does help us when we return to the external noise. So we take a break on the outside and go off to some place that is quiet, well we can do the same thing on the inside. If you really want to go deep into meditation it might be helpful to design our life to accommodate inner silence; we are all using silence to one degree or another regardless whether we meditate or not. The only issue is are we using our thoughts or are our thoughts using us.

P.S. 23.5/7/365 is really excellent! The only time I count is when my mind is running wild and I have not had that break. If I am counting then I need a break. But that’s just me.