Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 05-09-2020, 04:41 AM
ant

I gave up smoking for 4mnths last year and took it back up again in Jan this year.

Been smoking on and off since and the thought of trying patches was on my mind before you posted.

So you've motivated me to give them a try and i ordered some yesterday.

Fingers crossed they work,as i'm sick to death of going back and forth.

Anyhow,well done,and good luck with quitting smoking.
Old 05-09-2020, 09:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
I gave up smoking for 4mnths last year and took it back up again in Jan this year.

Been smoking on and off since and the thought of trying patches was on my mind before you posted.

So you've motivated me to give them a try and i ordered some yesterday.

Fingers crossed they work,as i'm sick to death of going back and forth.

Anyhow,well done,and good luck with quitting smoking.
Wow, happy to hear I inspired you!
It makes a helluva difference as at least you don't have that horrible nicotine dip the first 3 days so you can focus on the rest of the addiction.
The first couple of days I made sure I had something to put in my mouth, a pencil, pen, whatever. You can also use straws, cut them cig length, use one until a craving has gone, then put it in the ashtray, or bin.
But since I didn't have straws available then I put a pen or pencil in my mouth. It did help.

And yeah, hanging in there. Three months until the oral craving part has gone. Fingers crossed, and for you too.
Go for it!!
Old 05-09-2020, 11:07 PM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Wow, happy to hear I inspired you!
It makes a helluva difference as at least you don't have that horrible nicotine dip the first 3 days so you can focus on the rest of the addiction.
The first couple of days I made sure I had something to put in my mouth, a pencil, pen, whatever. You can also use straws, cut them cig length, use one until a craving has gone, then put it in the ashtray, or bin.
But since I didn't have straws available then I put a pen or pencil in my mouth. It did help.

And yeah, hanging in there. Three months until the oral craving part has gone. Fingers crossed, and for you too.
Go for it!!

I find myself going outside and lighting a cig to think of a reply.: p

A part of me didn't mind that nicotine dip,as i could feel the nicotine coming off the receptors.

Rather prominent sensation on the frontal lobe/third eye.

What i didn't like,was that feeling of being on edge.

Got easier though,each time i quit.

But this time round,i've left it too long in between relapses.

I generally tend to think,for myself anyway,that i have to reach a point,where i'm fed up with smoking and it doesn't cut the mustard anymore.

Aka full circle.

Just like my other addictions have run there course and lost there flavor.

I also find,there is more to learn about myself from quitting and relapsing.

Anyhow,i'll give these patches a crack,gotta make sure i'm in the right head space too.

Drinking is another vice i'm trying to quit too.

Recently relapsed due to sleeping issues,which was odd.

Anyhow,i plan to nip both in the bud.

Well,that's been the ongoing plan anyway.

Re:Pen,pencil,straw,i never had that problem where i needed something in my hands and or in my mouth,but that said,my last attempt to quit,i bought and planned to use celery,whenever i felt like a smoke.

When i have quit in the past,i go all out and eat more healthier,than i do now.

Perhaps that's something you could turn your attention to in regards to your worry about gaining weight.

Anywho,i'll report back when i get the patches and if they were helpful or not.
Old 22-11-2020, 05:23 PM
Master
Today it's been 12 weeks.
Still not smoking, don't want to anymore either, yet in my head it keeps nagging me because my mind still feels it's really nice to smoke.
I have smoked a wee bit here and there. At some point I was going up the walls so I went and bought tobacco.
It was disgusting. I ended up throwing the packet in the bin. But the same scenario has been happening.
And not that I'm smoking entire cigarettes , just a few puffs. And then i don't smoke for days.

I'm finding it incredibly difficult. If it wasn't unhealthy, wasn't causing me trouble (coughing a lot), and costing so much I would not have quit, hihi.

But all in all I'm still not smoking, with exception of a few puffs here and there.
And the amount of money saved is now becoming substantial :) Not like a E1000 of course, but it's starting to become impressive nonetheless.