Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 25-08-2020, 01:35 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
. Don't we all stumble through? If we didn't what would be the point. Nothing like the grand adventure or journey as we call it. I've been helped out too but only enough to learn to take nothing for granted. As for that song, I always would like to imagine my mother saying that to me.
..True again?... We do stumble and fall... I think we meant to.... As for the song... It's the sort of thing I would typically say to my children... I never preach to my children.. I allow them their own journey , with advice along the way with any decisions they make....the one thing I always tell them is ... "Have no regrets".... And by that I mean when they have chosen NOT to do something in life.
Old 25-08-2020, 01:46 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer
My brother and I were christened in the Roman Catholic church, to appease our maternal grandparents (catholics themselves) who believed we would go to hell after death if not christened in their faith. Dad was a Wesleyan and thought this was bunkum, but went along with the arrangements for the benefit of a quiet life!

As a septuagenarian I have done much searching of different religions and now belong to the Quaker faith.

I went through quite a long period in the Spiritualist church, and attended a development circle for some time but couldn't convince myself this was doing anything for my own spiritual progress, nor any one elses, come to that.

I love the fact that the Quaker's simple tenet seems to be 'Let your Life Speak' and also that I am not told what I am supposed to believe. There are Quakers in my local meeting who also attend other faith groups.

Anyway, to return to the topic of the thread, yes, I was christened into the catholic church, but the only time I have ever attended one is when my grandparents came to stay, and I was taken along to church with them, to my indignation, having normally attended the Methodist Sunday School, which I found more informal.
Hi.... And you are testimony that we dont have to follow any given faith if christened.... We can all change , should the need arise... I once did a reading for a gentleman that was at a crossroads with his faith.. His family were very "staunch" and he had been christened into that faith.... However , he wanted to choose a different path , with a different religron but he was afraid to do so because he knew his family would be devaststed.... This all emerged during the reading .... The advice I gave him, as an intuitive sensitive, with the help of the angels, was to follow his dream... Because each of us can only live our own life...no-one can live it for us...... Later , when I saw him...I could not believe the difference in him...he was glowing with happiness ... He had taken the bull by the horns , and done it....He brought me gifts as a Thank you and cried..... I am pleased you have found your own way too.
Old 25-08-2020, 01:52 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
In most newer Bibles, 'hell' and especially 'burning in hell', those words and expressions are no longer in those Bibles. Those mis-translations removed those 'errors'.

If you want, I will sprinkle some water on you so you can say you have been christened and you can hold my body under the water in the bath tub so you can say you baptized me!

Fair enough?
Hi... So they rubbed that bit out did they !!!!..... Well.. your offer is of course tempting...and on the surface I'm thinking it might be rude not to...you John ( Baptist)...me Elizabeth ( his mother ).... But then again we need to read the small print and terms and conditions.... For example .....what exactly will we be christened / baptised into ??... Also will you be wearing clothes ?...LOL...
Old 25-08-2020, 01:56 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
....I don't go along with the "burning In hell" if not christened either...some believe it... How would it work?.... A mass murderer happens to have been christened.....whereas the tireless charity worker, devoting a lifetime raising millions of pounds , happened not to have been christened....!!!...
Sorry! I hate to have to tell you, but you are doomed...doooooooooooomed.

I on the other hand, being baptized, was destined for a mansion in the sky.....until I blew it.

When I got married, we looked into this little chapel tucked back in the forest that we always liked. When my then fiance' finally got a hold of the pastor for the Parrish that owned it (it was not their main gathering space), she told him what she was calling about, and he gracefully explained that he could not marry us in their peaceful little chapel, as we were both condemned to hell because we were already living together out of wedlock.

We ended up opting for a nice outdoor wedding on a favorite woodland trail.
Old 25-08-2020, 02:03 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Sorry! I hate to have to tell you, but you are doomed...doooooooooooomed.

I on the other hand, being baptized, was destined for a mansion in the sky.....until I blew it.

When I got married, we looked into this little chapel tucked back in the forest that we always liked. When my then fiance' finally got a hold of the pastor for the Parrish that owned it (it was not their main gathering space), she told him what she was calling about, and he gracefully explained that he could not marry us in their peaceful little chapel, as we were both condemned to hell because we were already living together out of wedlock.

We ended up opting for a nice outdoor wedding on a favorite woodland trail.
Hi Ketzer...I know full WELL I'm doomed...which is why I'm taking the fly swat... Oh and I know I shouldn't chuckle... But your story somehow seems so typical of you...!... Most people , I'm sure would have told a little lie in order to be married ...in fact I know they do sometimes .... But your wedding sounded really lovely in the end....
Old 25-08-2020, 03:43 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Hi Ketzer...I know full WELL I'm doomed...which is why I'm taking the fly swat... Oh and I know I shouldn't chuckle... But your story somehow seems so typical of you...!... Most people , I'm sure would have told a little lie in order to be married ...in fact I know they do sometimes .... But your wedding sounded really lovely in the end....

Well, I suppose we could have fibbed a bit before the Lord Thy God, but somehow gettin hitched by that particular preacher in that particular chapel no longer had quite the same appeal. Good thing that fire and brimstone fellow was not the first spokesperson for God I had run into or I might have formed an entirely different impression of what that whole Jesus thing is all about.
Old 25-08-2020, 04:19 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Well, I suppose we could have fibbed a bit before the Lord Thy God, but somehow gettin hitched by that particular preacher in that particular chapel no longer had quite the same appeal. Good thing that fire and brimstone fellow was not the first spokesperson for God I had run into or I might have formed an entirely different impression of what that whole Jesus thing is all about.
This is very true!!! It could have scarred you for life. However, in you HADNT have been living in "sin'.... But you also HADNT been baptised ....would you have had to get baptised first, to marry there ?...or one of you at least..... I suppose I was lucky...I didn't have to as my fiance was already christened.... I still had to go to weekly meetings with the priest ( and I did kiss him once by accident , but it wasn't my fault...my husband to be nearly died of Shame....!).....
Old 25-08-2020, 04:24 PM
ketzer

Quote:
This is very true!!! It could have scarred you for life. However, in you HADNT have been living in "sin'.... But you also HADNT been baptised ....would you have had to get baptised first, to marry there ?...or one of you at least..... I suppose I was lucky...I didn't have to as my fiance was already christened.... I still had to go to weekly meetings with the priest ( and I did kiss him once by accident , but it wasn't my fault...my husband to be nearly died of Shame....!).....
What do you mean it wasn't your fault.
Did you mistake him for your husband to be in the dark confines of the confessional booth? Was the church wine a lot stronger back then?

"Father, I have come to confess, but I can't think of any recent sins."

"Well my child, we can certainly fix that."

Old 25-08-2020, 04:37 PM
Elfin

Quote:
What do you mean it wasn't your fault.
Did you mistake him for your husband to be in the dark confines of the confessional booth? Was the church wine a lot stronger back then?

"Father, I have come to confess, but I can't think of any recent sins."

"Well my child, we can certainly fix that."

Lol....... It was after the last meeting before the wedding. We stood up to leave ,the priest was bidding us farewell....and he did that thing where they kind of put their arms a bit outstretched .... And I naturally thought he wanted a hug..... So I threw myself into his arms and hugged him, and kissed him on the cheek while I was at it...I thought I was being polite......My fiance told me the wedding was off as he was too embarrassed to face the priest again....
Old 25-08-2020, 05:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi... So they rubbed that bit out did they !!!!..... Well.. your offer is of course tempting...and on the surface I'm thinking it might be rude not to...you John ( Baptist)...me Elizabeth ( his mother ).... But then again we need to read the small print and terms and conditions.... For example .....what exactly will we be christened / baptised into ??... Also will you be wearing clothes ?...LOL...

Of course, we will be baptized and Christened into the Church of Elfin and of course it will be done naturally.

and then the party will begin.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜