Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 13-08-2020, 03:26 PM
Master
Is anyone here familiar with the Baha'i Faith?

I'm not a Baha'i and am wondering if anyone here is either a Baha'i or familiar with the Baha'i Faith. If so, please share your impressions.
Old 13-08-2020, 04:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I'm not a Baha'i and am wondering if anyone here is either a Baha'i or familiar with the Baha'i Faith. If so, please share your impressions.

I love the way they see the attributes of God in creation, that exactly what I personally believe...
They also see the manifestation of God in all the Great Masters....
Yes it's very interesting and like all other Religions/Belief Systems has its beauty....

' Let each morn be better than its eve and each morrow richer than its yesterday. '
Old 13-08-2020, 04:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I love the way they see the attributes of God in creation, that exactly what I personally believe...
They also see the manifestation of God in all the Great Masters....
Yes it's very interesting and like all other Religions/Belief Systems has its beauty....

' Let each morn be better than its eve and each morrow richer than its yesterday. '

Yes. That is what they say.
Old 13-08-2020, 04:37 PM
Master
I have never heard of it. There is so much I do not know.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 13-08-2020, 05:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I have never heard of it. There is so much I do not know.

It's never to late to learn, the bible's old and new testaments are frequently quoted in the Bahá'í texts, and are often referred to as scripture.
Old 13-08-2020, 06:42 PM
Master
Quote:

I have some of their books.

They are one of a few religions that truly walk in their faith.

I would not mind having them as my neighbors.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 13-08-2020, 07:10 PM
Master
[quote=BigJohn]I have some of their books.

' They are one of a few religions that truly walk in their faith.'

Sometimes it's helpful to do a little research, as in all Religions they have their DARK side...
Old 14-08-2020, 10:57 AM
Master
Quote:

My thoughts on the Baha'i faith...

I like that they are more worldly and not ascetic. I believe people should strife to be happy and be a part of our world. I don't like their globalist attitude. People form bonds and cultures because of different environments and histories. This creates a diverse and fascinating world. When people want there to be ''one'' of anything I tend to raise my eyebrows.

I have been to Baha'i places in Israel. I recall the gardens in Haifa. The Baha'i are not well known in the world. Another lesser known faith I learned about while in Israel was the faith of the Druze people, which is also interesting to look into!
Old 14-08-2020, 01:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I have some of their books.

The Jehovah Witnesses and the Mormons also truly walk in their faith, and I have friends in both those religions but ...... (and I'll leave it at that).
Old 14-08-2020, 01:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
My thoughts on the Baha'i faith...

I like that they are more worldly and not ascetic. I believe people should strife to be happy and be a part of our world. I don't like their globalist attitude. People form bonds and cultures because of different environments and histories. This creates a diverse and fascinating world. When people want there to be ''one'' of anything I tend to raise my eyebrows.

I have been to Baha'i places in Israel. I recall the gardens in Haifa. The Baha'i are not well known in the world. Another lesser known faith I learned about while in Israel was the faith of the Druze people, which is also interesting to look into!

Their globalist attitude also caught my attention and, as you noted, "When people want there to be 'one' of anything I tend to raise my eyebrows."

I've also attended Baha'i meetings and, despite their stated encouragement of "independent investigation of Truth", it seems that they try to dictate that "oneness" with their position that whatever is ordained by their all-male International House of Justice "MUST be obeyed".

Their International House of Justice is essentially "infallible" as per Abdul Baha, the son of Baha'u'llah.

"The Guardian of the Cause of God, as well as the Universal House of Justice to be universally elected and established, are both under the care and protection of the Abha Beauty... Whatsoever they decide is of God. Whoso obeyeth him not, neither obeyeth them, hath not obeyed God; whoso rebelleth against him and against them hath rebelled against God; whoso opposeth him hath opposed God; whoso contendeth with them hath contended with God; whoso disputeth with him hath disputed with God; whoso denieth him hath denied God; whoso disbelieveth in him hath disbelieved in God; whoso deviateth, separateth himself and turneth aside from him hath in truth deviated, separated himself and turned aside from God."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoghi_Effendi