Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 24-09-2020, 09:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hey Mikey,

I don't study anything or follow anything in relation to buddhism or non duality but I dare say across the board that there are lots of differences and similarities presented as being equally true .

That just sums it all up really doesn't it .

Some will say they take a little bit of this and that from various sources and it forms a foundation that resonates for them .

This is quite a reasonable approach rather that digesting the entirety of one sect and making it one's foundation of truth .

As we have discussed previously, for someone to walk around the world pointing to people saying you are not real and you are illusory and you are part of my dream is borderline bonkers ..

It's not how they actually live and these notions are not realised either .

Perhaps some can see the madness in this, perhaps not .

I think living life is the greatest teacher, not living the words of other's (who could be nothing more that dream characters lol) and making it their foundation .

The funny thing is that devoted peeps will defend their beloved/s when their foundation doesn't support them as being real individuals .

That's kinda bonkers .. This is why I keep pointing back to peeps foundations and pointing out what is said that supports their foundations and what doesn't .

That's all peeps have to do, is understand their own foundation .

x daz x

That's a misunderstanding of Advaita non-duality. In the context Advaita "unreal" and "illusion" are metaphors for transient and I'm as "unreal" and "illusory" as you.

It's just a metaphor for the impermanent. I'll refer back to what I said about the heat death of the universe. It too is "unreal" and "illusory" in this context. It hasn't always existed and will not always exist, however Existence always Is. In the dream analogy Existence is the dreamer and the universe the dream.

"Of a certainty the man who can see all creatures in himself, himself in all creatures, knows no sorrow." ~ Upanishads

https://tinyurl.com/y2mxr4s2 My YouTube Channel

JASG
Old 24-09-2020, 09:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
That's a misunderstanding of Advaita non-duality. In the context Advaita "unreal" and "illusion" are metaphors for transient and I'm as "unreal" and "illusory" as you.

It's just a metaphor for the impermanent. I'll refer back to what I said about the heat death of the universe. It too is "unreal" and "illusory" in this context. It hasn't always existed and will not always exist, however Existence always Is. In the dream analogy Existence is the dreamer and the universe the dream.

Well it's a metaphor used as a matter of fact because when questioned one keeps reverting back to it .

Metaphors and theories and ideas are what is presented in these instances .

Speaking about a dream and a dream character and an illusionary point of localised perception paints a picture of the reality experienced .

These notions are the foundation ..

If these notions are not actual then what is left, what is actual?

This is why I have asked you how can there be a dreamer left when there is no dream as a foundation .

What is the reality present when there is no dream .

What is the reality present when there are no illusions of other's?

What is the reality present when there are no metaphors and ideas about the ultimate truth?

x daz x
Old 24-09-2020, 09:56 AM
Master
Quote:
So when there are no thoughts going round and round there are no ideas about 1 not meaning 2 . There are no thoughts about the dream or the dreamer being illusory or what lucid dreams are .

There are no grand masters declaring ultimate non duality truths are there .

These peeps are only illusions of peeps that supposedly know the ultimate truths .

Don't you see the madness of it all .

x daz x

What will exist when the physical universe ceases to be? What existed before the physical universe was? Does the existence of the physical universe change what was before and what will be after?

Could it be the physical universe is but an appearance in what always was, what is and what will always be?

"Of a certainty the man who can see all creatures in himself, himself in all creatures, knows no sorrow." ~ Upanishads

JASG
Old 24-09-2020, 10:01 AM
Master
Quote:
What will exist when the physical universe ceases to be? What existed before the physical universe was? Does the existence of the physical universe change what was before and what will be after?

Could it be the physical universe is but an appearance in what always was, what is and what will always be?

You haven't really addressed my post but answered with a question instead .

If you acknowledge what I posted then that would be appreciated .

In regards to your question, there will always be what you are that exists regardless of what manifests or not or what still exists or not in relation to the universe .

Nothing 'fundamentally' changes in regards to 'what you are' before or after manifestation .

One could say however that in relation to experiences had on a collective level brings further understanding about what we are .

x daz x
Old 24-09-2020, 10:24 AM
Master
Quote:
What is the reality present when there is no dream .

What is the reality present when there are no illusions of other's?

What is the reality when there are no metaphors and ideas about the ultimate truth?

x daz x

That's the whole point, isn't it? Is there something? Is there nothing? Or is there no thing? The ineffable and at the deepest core that's what we are. All of us. All of creation.

I'm not versed in Buddhism, but I think I'm beginning to understand why the Buddha refused to addressed this. He remained silent because it's beyond thought and word.

Practice born out of theory leads to realization. Theory leads to intellectual understanding and practice leads to experiential realization. All spiritual paths have both and all paths have the potential for actual experiential realization. Self-realization. God-realization.

If I had to I'd say all paths have one thing in common, and that's letting go of what we think we are and realizing we are the ineffable. That's the difficult part and theory only gets one so far. That's why I advocate engaging in the practices of a chosen path.

JASG
Old 24-09-2020, 10:41 AM
Master
Quote:
You haven't really addressed my post but answered with a question instead .

If you acknowledge what I posted then that would be appreciated .

In regards to your question, there will always be what you are that exists regardless of what manifests or not or what still exists or not in relation to the universe .

Nothing 'fundamentally' changes in regards to 'what you are' before or after manifestation .

One could say however that in relation to experiences had on a collective level brings further understanding about what we are .

x daz x

You want me to answer the question of "Life, the Universe, and Everything". I can't. It's ineffable. It can only be experienced. It's my impression that's why the Buddha never gave a concrete and definitive answer.

I had a short glimpse lasting several weeks but as best I can understand and from an Advaita perspective I wasn't properly prepared. I didn't have absolute clarity and purity of mind so it faded. So it wasn't actual enlightenment because that is irreversible as far as I understand, however it was enough and I'm convinced.

JASG
Old 24-09-2020, 11:31 AM
Guide

glimpses of ineffable

Quote:
You want me to answer the question of "Life, the Universe, and Everything". I can't. It's ineffable. It can only be experienced. It's my impression that's why the Buddha never gave a concrete and definitive answer.

I had a short glimpse lasting several weeks but as best I can understand and from an Advaita perspective I wasn't properly prepared. I didn't have absolute clarity and purity of mind so it faded. So it wasn't actual enlightenment because that is irreversible as far as I understand, however it was enough and I'm convinced.

Hi JASG,
Good to c u back on the forum . Hope all is well.

U are right . Being in finite , one can not describe the infinite completely but being part part of the infinite , one can certainly have real glimpses of the patterns of infinite.
Old 24-09-2020, 11:56 AM
Master
Quote:

My post

So when there are no thoughts going round and round there are no ideas about 1 not meaning 2 . There are no thoughts about the dream or the dreamer being illusory or what lucid dreams are .

There are no grand masters declaring ultimate non duality truths are there .

These peeps are only illusions of peeps that supposedly know the ultimate truths .

Don't you see the madness of it all .

You answered with a question and didn't acknowledge or respond to my question .

I haven't asked you to answer the question of life, the universe and everything .

x daz x
Old 24-09-2020, 11:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Hi JASG,
Good to c u back on the forum . Hope all is well.

U are right . Being in finite , one can not describe the infinite completely but being part part of the infinite , one can certainly have real glimpses of the patterns of infinite.

It's one thing to describe the indescribable and another to create a reality out of a metaphor and use that as an ultimate truth .

x daz x
Old 24-09-2020, 12:07 PM
Master
Quote:
That's the whole point, isn't it? Is there something? Is there nothing? Or is there no thing? The ineffable and at the deepest core that's what we are. All of us. All of creation.

I'm not versed in Buddhism, but I think I'm beginning to understand why the Buddha refused to addressed this. He remained silent because it's beyond thought and word.

Practice born out of theory leads to realization. Theory leads to intellectual understanding and practice leads to experiential realization. All spiritual paths have both and all paths have the potential for actual experiential realization. Self-realization. God-realization.

If I had to I'd say all paths have one thing in common, and that's letting go of what we think we are and realizing we are the ineffable. That's the difficult part and theory only gets one so far. That's why I advocate engaging in the practices of a chosen path.

If peeps cannot answer what is present when a metaphor or an idea is absent, then it's no good creating a foundation of how life is when it's not the truth is it?

This is the whole point I am making and it's acknowledging and understanding the foundation of Self in relation to everything that is I AM and everything that I AM is perceiving .

Metaphors and analogies of grand illusions and dreams do not work as an actuality, and they certainly don't hold up to being a stable metaphor or idea either .

That is why you haven't answered many of my points regarding this .

Let's address my question/s put forward on several occasions about both the realised and unrealised individual .

How can it be possible for both to exist simultaneously when there is only ONE Self and there are no other's .

How is it that illusory dream characters can awaken from dreams?

You see if the dream is just a metaphor then there are no actual dream characters .

So what is actual? There has to be something actual that can awaken .

They're cannot be a dreamer left when there is no dream in the first place .

What was the difference in regards to the ancient African saying and what you declared?

None of this makes any sense to me, and I haven't really had an answer to any of these questions .

(don't worry, I am used to it)

x daz x