Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 10:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Well said! I think most people don't actually ''turn the other cheek''. They react in different ways. Some people react strongly and are open about it, but you also have people that react passive-aggressive, more dirty, like serpents. Nice words given but not spoken with truthful intention, one merely pretends to be virtuous. Jesus called it out all the time. You can be nice on the surface, but not be truthful about it. What is the point in doing that? It's an insult to yourself..

For sure Alt, that can be the case . Being truthful from the start is what is key . If there is no truthful foundation conversations can only end up being difficult or non starters for many a reason .

Answers never come, or the tables are turned on you for asking questions .

As in this situation now where it's some how my fault for not rising above it all lol .

What about the peeps that have been dishonest and obstructive and been putting others down .

Peeps have forgotten about the reasons why peeps have to stand tall at some point .

This is why it's a little odd to be honest ..

Peeps like to shoot the messenger of truth at times when their attention needs to be elsewhere .

in a way it could be said that why do peeps need to point out to me to rise above it .

Why can't they rise above the need to tell me to rise above it lol .

This is the irony here .

There is nothing wrong with standing up for yourself .

I am not losing any sleep over pointing out the truth of things ..

I am not obsessed, I simply point out what peeps say that are unkind and unjust .

If they don't like it then they should behave honestly and with kindness .

x daz x
Old 07-11-2020, 10:13 AM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
You have been talking about where you are ant .

And from where you are at that works well and is right for you .

Not so,and i have only read these two sentences,i have no need to read the rest.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:22 AM
ant

Quote:
If you act in truth then what will be is what will be .

There are just actions and there are unjust .

If tough lessons are learned from the truth of ourselves and for reasons why we do what we do then so be it .

There really is no come back in truth .

You don't shoot the messenger of the truth .

If peeps don't like the truth then they should look at what they're doing and saying .

Truth hurts sometimes . Whose fault is that?

x daz x

There is a non thin line in reaction.

The truth is not firing and the vow of silence.

Learn to zip it.

For healing.: )
Old 07-11-2020, 10:38 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Hey Panda,

Just picking out things as I go along, been busy with work ..

I have learned a lot through life by suffering at the hands of another where mental and emotional abuse was rife as you know .

So basically something is not quite right in all honesty when peeps are expressing unkindness and dishonesty to other's and self .

In my life thus far I have learned a great deal about the inns and outs of peoples expression and it helps me gauge where another is at within themselves on certain levels .

Dishonesty, denial and unkind expressions aimed towards other's shows a lack of love of themselves .

This is the irony in all this with grand masters declaring the absolute truth about Self .

It doesn't work, this is why I said to running a while back that a Self realised peep won't kill a fly out of irritation while being in total bliss .

Is doesn't work . It's simply a matter of fact .

Just as it doesn't snow in a heatwave lol .

What I have found common is for peeps to want to deflect and make it out that it is you that is the problem even though one has stood true on the matter from the start .

This I found with seeing my mum get blamed for being too spiritual by her partner who was simply jealous of her and lacking any real self honestly .

The abuse she got from being true to herself and others was rife for many years .

The main issue as I see it is the hole that one digs deeper and deeper for oneself who isn't honest and true to begin with .

I had an ongoing conversation elsewhere with a group of people where some would proclaim truth realisations and because some of us wouldn't agree with that in the way that they described we were abused and discredited and put down because we hadn't had this particular realisation they had .

When questioned they couldn't answer anything in relation to what they ACTUALLY realised and all they could offer was pointers that were conceptual but just as truthful as the non conceptual .

It made no sense whatsoever and over time everything got twisted and morphed and insults were rife ... all down to questioning their initial statement made in truth .

We are all at different stages within ourselves, it's just a little as I said ironic to see this behaviour on a spiritual platform .

This is why I have always asked peeps to address what they initially said and what I actually said and ask why was there the put downs . What created the insults and put downs . One really has to be honest with oneself, but on a public forum one rarely does that .

x daz x
https://mindfulnessmeditation.net.au/arrow/

The parable of the second arrow is a well-known Buddhist story about dealing with suffering more skilfully. It is said the Buddha once asked a student,

‘If a person is struck by an arrow, is it painful? If the person is struck by a second arrow, is it even more painful?’

He then went on to explain,

‘In life, we can’t always control the first arrow. However, the second arrow is our reaction to the first. This second arrow is optional.’

This is where my journey began a little over a decade ago when I began practicing mindfulness meditation in a secular context. It's the first time I considered in earnest I had the ultimate say about the quality of my experience of life and came to the conclusion it was much easier to change myself than the world. It also brings to mind a lyric from the Rush song Freewill: "Blame is better to give than receive". Jon Kabat-Zinn phrases it "Don't take things personally".
Old 07-11-2020, 10:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
It's tough love (realization)and such a dish is not welcomed.

The ingredients though make the staple.

The ingredients make something more palatable.

When we accept and allow.

Resistance is futile.

A lesson too.

Tough love is tough because often it requires one to accept all things undesirable in the external, that are not desirable in our stream of what we think love ‘should be’..
But then shoulds and what we think love is, keeps one from moving deeper into a more compassionate, loving kind state for self and life without conditions.

Ants are great teachers. I remember one time having problems with boards of them over taking my kitchen. I thought how can we all be supported in this need of both. So I poured honey into a plate, watched their movements and placed it in their tracks. Not long after they all circled round, filled their bellies and gradually the plate was slowly emptied bit by bit.

The most astounding thing being, the honey formed two eyes and a big smile half way through their feeding frenzy.

Who would have thought that beyond the bothersome annoyance many might find in the external, there is always a way to bridge that unity in oneself and not be bothered, but be pro active in serving their needs and yours as one.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
There is a non thin line in reaction.

The truth is not firing and the vow of silence.

Learn to zip it.

For healing.: )

Do you know what ant, I learned to zip it along time ago at times it got me no where at all . You know nothing about me or what I have gone through . You don't know how many years I suffered in silence and turned the other cheek .

You are obviously not interested in understanding why as individuals peeps need to do what they need to do .

When there is one living by their truth all is good .

Perhaps you want to do and say nothing about injustices that either come your way or you sit idly by watching other's get abused ..that's up to you, but you don't have a say in what other's should do in their truth because you don't know them at all .

To say to me to zip it, just lacks total understanding of what I have been talking about .

You totally ignore my reasoning and don't comment and you still come out with what you do. lol .

This is totally in line with why I have been speaking about what I have and how people behave .

Would you tell a woman who has been abused by their partner to zip it when she stands up for herself?

x daz x
Old 07-11-2020, 12:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
https://mindfulnessmeditation.net.au/arrow/

The parable of the second arrow is a well-known Buddhist story about dealing with suffering more skilfully. It is said the Buddha once asked a student,

‘If a person is struck by an arrow, is it painful? If the person is struck by a second arrow, is it even more painful?’

He then went on to explain,

‘In life, we can’t always control the first arrow. However, the second arrow is our reaction to the first. This second arrow is optional.’

This is where my journey began a little over a decade ago when I began practicing mindfulness meditation in a secular context. It's the first time I considered in earnest I had the ultimate say about the quality of my experience of life and came to the conclusion it was much easier to change myself than the world. It also brings to mind a lyric from the Rush song Freewill: "Blame is better to give than receive". Jon Kabat-Zinn phrases it "Don't take things personally".

There are many wise sayings to deal deal with sufferings ..

You can even ignore people who are unkind to you, you can cross over the road to avoid them if you like ..

You can ask them however why are they being unkind .

Whatever floats your boat .

Again, thanks for the advice, but I don't need it .

Too much attention on how I should zip it and rise above it all or ignore it all .

All I have been doing is pointing out what I have in regards to other peoples behaviour .

I don't see anyone who is giving me advice actually addressing the reasons for why one behaves in an unkind way in the first place .

This was my discussion had with the panda in regards to being open and honest when conversing with other's .

For some reason it's created another smell .

It's a little unbelievable really how talking about being open and honest and expressing with integrity can create such a smell .

Honestly (excuse the pun) how bloody ridiculous .

x daz x
Old 07-11-2020, 01:02 PM
Master
A little true story regarding my mum ..

There was a bully of a lady who used to create a lot of fear in other's and for most they would just go along with what she said to remain in the popular crowd .

Well my mum was with these people for some reason and this bully of a lady tried to project her same charming self onto my mum ..

My mum simply said, why are you talking to me like that ...

It all went quiet and then this woman burst into tears .

You see at times I am sorry to say ant, that zipping it does no f ing good at all .

Some peeps really do need to look at how they behave .

It's that straightforward and simple .

x daz x
Old 07-11-2020, 01:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
Not so,and i have only read these two sentences,i have no need to read the rest.

So you're not acting in accordance with what is right with you?

You see if you wasn't you would be suppressing what is .

What is right for me is right for me . What is right for you is right for you .

It's no good zipping it when you need to beat your chest is it .

x daz x
Old 07-11-2020, 09:42 PM
ant

Quote:
Do you know what ant, I learned to zip it along time ago at times it got me no where at all . You know nothing about me or what I have gone through . You don't know how many years I suffered in silence and turned the other cheek .

You are obviously not interested in understanding why as individuals peeps need to do what they need to do .

When there is one living by their truth all is good .

Perhaps you want to do and say nothing about injustices that either come your way or you sit idly by watching other's get abused ..that's up to you, but you don't have a say in what other's should do in their truth because you don't know them at all .

To say to me to zip it, just lacks total understanding of what I have been talking about .

You totally ignore my reasoning and don't comment and you still come out with what you do. lol .

This is totally in line with why I have been speaking about what I have and how people behave .

Would you tell a woman who has been abused by their partner to zip it when she stands up for herself?

x daz x

Hi Daz,

I too have suffered in silence for years.

I was a people pleaser and people took advantage of my good nature and generosity.

Until i learnt to say no.

Some people you can't get the message through,it's like flogging a dead horse and going around in circles.

Like i see on this forum,where by people recount stuff from a book and stuff on the net,not by personal experience.

Throwing up an example of a woman being abused and telling to zip it,is a total and different kettle of fish.

My viewpoint was forums in general,not on what goes on in the outside world off the net.

So my viewpoint would be another kettle of fish off the net.

Obviously.

Ps.Funny ya know,i've had a déjà vu moment,like i replied to this already.

I also had déjà vu moment yesterday too,i awoke and started reading a few chapters from ACIM,and what i was reading,i had read before.
Closed Thread