Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-11-2020, 07:53 AM
Joe Mc Joe Mc is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,593
  Joe Mc's Avatar
Oneness and the False Democracy

Some lines which came to me this morning, I quite liked the sound of them, maybe they will spark an idea or two or not as the case may be. Best Regards, Joe.

Oneness is not like Democracy, Elusive. Oneness is everywhere to be seen, Democracy is nowhere to be seen. With this knowledge strive for Democracy on earth, play with it, and see what you can do, because oneness is a fact of reality and he who is destined to intuit oneness is blessed indeed. Striving for Heaven on Earth is a good goal. The fact that it is here already gives us a head start and if we can get out of our own way we will surely see that love is the force that brings about a deep seated happiness which cannot be shaken. Conquests there are many, power lusts and delusion are great here on earth but they are insubstantial as compared to oneness. Actually they are much less than insubstantial and yet we remain imprisoned to them. Step outside what remains ?

****************************
****************************
__________________
Too much intellectual pride and not enough intellectual beauty

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

And you won't find that Love comes easy but that Love is always right.So even when the dark clouds gather you will be the light.

All Intellect falls prey to Love's Glory ! Rumi

He Made the Lock, He also Made the Key ! Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-11-2020, 06:25 AM
HITESH SHAH HITESH SHAH is offline
Guide
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 645
 
oneness and democaracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Some lines which came to me this morning, I quite liked the sound of them, maybe they will spark an idea or two or not as the case may be. Best Regards, Joe.

Oneness is not like Democracy, Elusive. Oneness is everywhere to be seen, Democracy is nowhere to be seen.
You need to see the forum discussion to understand how elusive and challenging even oneness/non-duality can be .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
With this knowledge strive for Democracy on earth, play with it, and see what you can do, because oneness is a fact of reality and he who is destined to intuit oneness is blessed indeed. Striving for Heaven on Earth is a good goal. The fact that it is here already gives us a head start and if we can get out of our own way we will surely see that love is the force that brings about a deep seated happiness which cannot be shaken. Conquests there are many, power lusts and delusion are great here on earth but they are insubstantial as compared to oneness. Actually they are much less than insubstantial and yet we remain imprisoned to them. Step outside what remains ?

****************************
****************************
Democracy as the spirit of ruling authority working for the smaller people welfare and upliftment as propounded by the likes of Lincoln and Cromewell is great and supreme . There can not be doubt that it is even with oneness nature of reality .

However operationally over a period of time it is experience that it deviates from this spirit and is more focused to majority / minority, debates without action , media manipulation, lobbies , limited foresight (just enough for current rule), elections etc with sole attention and effort spent on all these with little time and energy left for real spirit of the democracy (working for the benefit of people) . And onlooker can easily observe it system 'by few for the few and of the few" . This needs reform according to me .

On the contrary we may see where democracy is not there as a system/method of governance but it is still present as a guiding principle of governance , it has succeeded greatly because its just the way how reality works and supports its working . It (reality) is not slave of concepts and ideologies especially if its not in consonance with its own working methodology.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-11-2020, 03:17 PM
RuberPeach RuberPeach is offline
Knower
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 135
 
There is not a single day when I let those people from photos look at me from above electric whires in town.
I know how it feels, they need to like you..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 15-11-2020, 01:10 AM
MAYA EL MAYA EL is offline
Guide
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 678
 
You say oneness is every where yet it is only in the minds of those who believe in it
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 18-11-2020, 08:02 AM
Joe Mc Joe Mc is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,593
  Joe Mc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
You say oneness is every where yet it is only in the minds of those who believe in it

Yes I get what you're saying, but if you take something like Gravity. Do you need to believe in Gravity for to see it working etc ? Joe.

******************************************
******************************************
__________________
Too much intellectual pride and not enough intellectual beauty

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

And you won't find that Love comes easy but that Love is always right.So even when the dark clouds gather you will be the light.

All Intellect falls prey to Love's Glory ! Rumi

He Made the Lock, He also Made the Key ! Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 18-11-2020, 08:39 AM
MAYA EL MAYA EL is offline
Guide
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 678
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Yes I get what you're saying, but if you take something like Gravity. Do you need to believe in Gravity for to see it working etc ? Joe.

******************************************
******************************************

That is an invalid analogy because you're using something that everybody experiences whether they like it or not and it is in manifest physical form obviously

Which is completely different than the concept of non-duality which has no manifest physical form and is merely conceptual.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 18-11-2020, 01:23 PM
Joe Mc Joe Mc is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,593
  Joe Mc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYA EL
That is an invalid analogy because you're using something that everybody experiences whether they like it or not and it is in manifest physical form obviously

Which is completely different than the concept of non-duality which has no manifest physical form and is merely conceptual.

Yeah ?? Invalid analogy that's a new one !!!
And non duality has no manifest physical form, merely conceptual ? Really ? Sorry about that !!! lol. If that is what you think who am I to argue with you ? :) Joe.

***************************************
***************************************
__________________
Too much intellectual pride and not enough intellectual beauty

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

And you won't find that Love comes easy but that Love is always right.So even when the dark clouds gather you will be the light.

All Intellect falls prey to Love's Glory ! Rumi

He Made the Lock, He also Made the Key ! Rumi
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 18-11-2020, 01:55 PM
MAYA EL MAYA EL is offline
Guide
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 678
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Yeah ?? Invalid analogy that's a new one !!!
And non duality has no manifest physical form, merely conceptual ? Really ? Sorry about that !!! lol. If that is what you think who am I to argue with you ? :) Joe.

***************************************
***************************************

No reson to argue im just trying to have a conversation.
But i guess you don't have anything to add/ rebuttal
And that's fine . have a good day.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 15-11-2020, 07:02 AM
BigJohn BigJohn is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: अनुगृहितोऽस्म
Posts: 12,349
  BigJohn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
Some lines which came to me this morning, I quite liked the sound of them, maybe they will spark an idea or two or not as the case may be. Best Regards, Joe.

Oneness is not like Democracy, Elusive. Oneness is everywhere to be seen, Democracy is nowhere to be seen. With this knowledge strive for Democracy on earth, play with it, and see what you can do, because oneness is a fact of reality and he who is destined to intuit oneness is blessed indeed. Striving for Heaven on Earth is a good goal. The fact that it is here already gives us a head start and if we can get out of our own way we will surely see that love is the force that brings about a deep seated happiness which cannot be shaken. Conquests there are many, power lusts and delusion are great here on earth but they are insubstantial as compared to oneness. Actually they are much less than insubstantial and yet we remain imprisoned to them. Step outside what remains ?

****************************
****************************
Oneness resonates with Theocracy. We talk about putting our trust in to the 'hands' of the Universe but........
__________________


 
       ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

      Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind
     whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

     ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜


Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 17-11-2020, 06:43 AM
Joe Mc Joe Mc is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,593
  Joe Mc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Oneness resonates with Theocracy. We talk about putting our trust in to the 'hands' of the Universe but........

Yes indeed. For some it is a continual ebbing and flowing ..surrendering of the will and taking it back. Although even that description sounds a bit harsh. My friend told me years ago about the image of the Tiger's Jaws. You are probably familiar with the image, but once the aspirant, spiritual seeker embarks upon a journey to know God etc. then it is said that they have placed their head inside the Tiger's jaws and there is no way back as such I think the analogy stems from the Indian tradition John but i could be wrong. Joe.

*********************************
*********************************
__________________
Too much intellectual pride and not enough intellectual beauty

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

And you won't find that Love comes easy but that Love is always right.So even when the dark clouds gather you will be the light.

All Intellect falls prey to Love's Glory ! Rumi

He Made the Lock, He also Made the Key ! Rumi
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums