Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 17-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
oh okay Silver a path helps and Silver things happen for a reason :)
Spiritlite.

Thanks for that. I can surely use the comfort; you just had a wonderful way with your words, Spiritlite~*

Old 17-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Master
Awe shucks thanks Silver....seriously things always happen for a reason.
Spiritlite.
Old 22-06-2013, 07:11 AM
Kenneath

Bike riding is great exercise to reduce and maintain body weight. Bike riding builds strength, tone muscles and boost stamina. Bike riding improves heart health and reduce the risk of stress, cardiovascular disease and certain types of cancer.
Old 22-02-2020, 05:58 AM
Newbie ;)

Lightbulb Century Cycling

Hey Guys!
Cool to find a thread about biking on here. I'm currently training to do two 100 mile century rides in April. I often feel pressed for time in my life, and sometimes it's hard to justify taking longer rides. But I waste so much time feeling bad about it before I actually get out the door. It's totally pointless. Especially because of the huge benefits I get from riding. It is like a meditation for me. I pedal and pedal and get into a rhythm, and the judgmental, negative voices in my head shut up long enough that I'm able to find some peace and presence in the moment, and sometimes even joy! I feel much closer to God when I'm riding. Just being outside in creation does wonders for my connection to the divine. Life is beautiful.

Much love,
Catherine
Old 25-11-2021, 05:11 AM
Dude111

I like bike riding,the farthest I ever rode was about 10 miles one way....... (I had to call my dad for a ride home,I was too tired)
Old 08-12-2021, 10:34 PM
Master
Some of my bikes
https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/its-loved.19292/

https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/thread...3/#post-472000
Old 09-12-2021, 07:25 AM
Ascender
Love the Bianchi! Very cool :)
Old 09-12-2021, 09:50 PM
Master
I was in a bike shop today to try to get my bike fixed because the chain skips and its been getting worse. One bike mechanic looked at it and seemed to say it wasn't worth fixing. He said something about getting a new chain, front and rear sprockets and bearings. After spending some time on the internet looking at this problem, I found out about a problem known as chain stretch where the pins and bushings wear out and the chain ends up longer compared to when it was new. I checked for that and other things like derailleur alignment, etc. I tried turning a screw on the derailleur to see if the chain would tighten up, but it didn't help. The derailleur tension is about the same compared to some other bikes I have, so I don't think its that. I made two videos which seems to show the bike has a lot of chain stretch and doesn't line up on the sprockets. I'm going to try to change the chain myself and see how well that works. I checked the chains on three other bikes. Two don't seem to have the problem at all and my 1973 Schwinn Varsity might be developing this problem a little bit, but it hasn't had any problems with a skipping chain and sprockets. The Bianchi Nyala is the worst one.

bike chain appears stretched
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LUokZuXWZ8

chain and sprockets don't line up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDd_Meg-eso

Last edited by Native spirit : 23-12-2021 at 10:45 PM. Reason: To many links
Old 10-12-2021, 04:15 AM
Bambo

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous
Some of my bikes
https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/its-loved.19292

https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/mountain-bikin.45623/#post-472000
Thank you those are nice!
Old 10-12-2021, 07:17 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous
I was in a bike shop today ...
Ow, just watched your videos, your chest man, your chest! I feel an oppression, your breathing is not right, we can hear it.
You need to clean the chain, completely, we can't see ****!

Then if you have a derailleur, your chain length is not a problem, it's perfectly normal that it stretches with time. If there was a length problem, you would see on the lowest ring of the cassette.
To me it would just be a derailleur alignment to sort out.