Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Old 20-03-2022, 01:33 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
bobjob,
And btw, I love the Seth Materials, glad they were brought up.
I have not read any of the Seth books hence can not comment on their content or their author but I have misgivings about so-called channeled material for the reason I mentioned earlier.

Much more to the point, in that respect, was having highly recommended a piece of fiction as a guide to the barely fathomable notion of time in the etheric worlds and/or time-travel.

We would do well to remember that fiction is a piece made up by an author, an even greater input than any potential author-input in channeled material. Of course such a piece may be based on material influential for some but hardly suitable as a guide, I maintain.
Old 20-03-2022, 02:09 PM
Master
The Seth material is considered to be fiction by some people just like the works of Mediums are considered to be fiction. I suspect you will agree that not all people consider the works of Mediums to be fiction just as some do not consider the Seth material to be fiction. In both cases, it is in many cases, difficult to prove if they are or are not fiction.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 20-03-2022, 03:05 PM
Deactivated Account
It's interesting how Wikipedia presents the Seth situation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seth_Material
Old 20-03-2022, 03:18 PM
Master
Glad to see you have 'reached out' to get more rounded out about the Seth Material.

Years ago, one famous person wrote in her news letter, some disheartening words about Kryon...... another entity. This happened when the channeled material from Kryon was just coming on to the 'scene'. As for the famous person, she almost lost her followings as a result of what she wrote.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 20-03-2022, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
It's interesting how Wikipedia presents the Seth situation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seth_Material
Good link. :)
I will say, as with anything, your own discernment, what rings true, is what I go on...
The Seth materials are amazing to me....ring true. Sorry, this went a bit off topic, but Seth relates, I think, to time concepts.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-03-2022, 03:35 PM
Deactivated Account
I'm a traditionalist so New Agey stuff I view with scepticism, too faddy, too much of the human in it for my comfort.

Horses for courses, though, and the Silver Birch test will work for anyone - "Accept only what appeals to your reason."

A few verbatim Seth words about time would be helpful here - anyone? Then we can examine and see what feels like fiction or fact....
Old 20-03-2022, 03:42 PM
Master
Does not the the "Silver Birch test" resonate with the Seth Material just as Maurice Barbanell relates to Jane Roberts?

As for New Agey....... is not Maurice Barbanell considered by some to be New Age?

Old 20-03-2022, 03:47 PM
Seth on time and space.
https://www.sethlearningcenter.org/q_time_space.html

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-03-2022, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
As for New Agey....... is not Maurice Barbanell considered by some to be New Age?
Does he relate to Time or time travel?

Old 20-03-2022, 07:37 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Does he relate to Time or time travel?
Long-time former skeptic Maurice Barbanell became the deep-trance medium of spirit guide Siver Birch. SB referred to him as his 'instrument'. Silver Birch was a fundamentalist teacher with a focus on real-life issues and offering guidance about survival and what happens after death.

I readily acknowledge my memory ain't wot it used to be but I don't think folk then were much concerned about time-travel so the subject may not have come up. Someone has suggested he was 'New Agey' by some.... yeah, right! LOL Barbanell had been dead for decades before the so-called New Age fluff appeared and adherents flocked to the 'new' stuff it seemed to offer. Don't get me goin'.....

I have a number of books compiled from SB's recorded, direct-voice addresses but I don't have 'em where I'm living right now so I can't take a leaf through them to see if I've simply forgotten if he ever did address such matters. My guess is that he didn't and it's one of these 'New Agey' thingies. But I could be wrong - it ain't unknown.