Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-01-2014, 06:21 AM
Knower

During resurrection...

Once we're resurrected, do you think we'll return to the same body we died in? I feel like this is an obvious question, but based off all the reincarnations one can have, it makes me wonder.

Also, say we return to the same body.... do we remember how we lived life in that body? For example, if Michael Jackson's spirit returned to its body, would he recall what his life was like after being resurrected? In short, like he was never gone?
Old 08-01-2014, 07:00 AM
Ecthalion

Unless we are resurrected very shortly after we die there will be no body for us to use. Think of all the billions of people throughout history who have died. Their mortal remains have rotted away to nothing. Also, many people have been cremated and their bodies turned to ash. If there is to be resurrection then we will need new bodies crafting for us.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:52 AM
Pathfinder
What do you mean by resurrected? Do you mean the afterlife or reincarnation? People are said to maintain the appearance they had in life after they die and have memories of all their lives.
Old 13-01-2014, 04:14 PM
DayLight1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2488
Once we're resurrected, do you think we'll return to the same body we died in? I feel like this is an obvious question, but based off all the reincarnations one can have, it makes me wonder.

Also, say we return to the same body.... do we remember how we lived life in that body? For example, if Michael Jackson's spirit returned to its body, would he recall what his life was like after being resurrected? In short, like he was never gone?

A computer has restore points (it creates a backup of its state every so often). The Universe also backs up our information. We are like a program. We are backed up and can be recreated.

I heard that you will have the same body because if you didn't, you wouldn't be you anymore, you would lose your identity. But as you evolve, you could make changes to your body and your self, but gradually. So at some point you could have a different body if you wanted to. But it has to be gradual in order for you not to lose your identity.

Our life is stored also (backed up). That's why people's life flashes before their eyes during some NDE's. They start to recall things they forgot consciously. So yes, we will remember as much as we want to or need to.
Old 28-02-2021, 07:17 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayLight1555
I heard that you will have the same body because if you didn't, you wouldn't be you anymore, you would lose your identity. But as you evolve, you could make changes to your body and your self, but gradually. So at some point you could have a different body if you wanted to. But it has to be gradual in order for you not to lose your identity.

This presumes that the physical body is our identity. But we are not the physical body. The physical body is just a vehicle which allows us to experience life on the physical plane. When we discard it at death it has served its purpose.

After all, suppose I reincarnate into a Chinese family next life but still have the same body I now have. That would cause a few surprises!

Think of the physical body as like a car. It gets us from A to B, and we need to occasionally refuel it, clean it, have it serviced, etc. But after a certain period of time we replace that car with another one, a newer model. We do not look to the car as our identity, and we do not suffer any loss of identity when we replace the car. The same with the physical body.

Peace
Old 28-02-2021, 09:50 PM
Administrator
I would agree with that

Namaste
Old 01-03-2021, 07:17 PM
AbodhiSky

there was that one michael pitt movie where people kept the same eye colors life after life
Old 13-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Kpastelle

My opinion is this: The body shape may vary but the eyes and their expression never changes (from one life to another even). I also think we will fully know who we have been thrue out our many lives once the reincarnation process is over.
Old 13-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Suspended

Hi Folks..

Hmm..RESURRECTION..?..Do you mean like Christ..?..None of us here present will even manage that - not in this lifetime..Resurrection requires complete Mastery of Self - and none of us here are capable as yet..But still - all paths do lead Home..The true resurrection is an "energetic phenomena"..

Mastery allows one to literally disintigrate,or recreate any form you desire..Hence,my mate performed dynamic miracles,occuring immediately,literlly altering the atomic structure of the world around to conform to His Will..Hence also,my mate died,was buried in a sealed tomb,and yet when they went to look,found the tomb COMPLETLY EMPTY..Christ literally dissolved His form,realised fully His energetic nature,and so manifested at Will after this transcendance occurred..

The body - the material world,is nothing but ENERGY..The CONSCIOUSNESS,that is YOU,your very Will(power),this too is nothing BUT ENERGY..The two are identical,no seperation between your mind and the energy of the created universe..I and the Father are one..Realise this fully,and a true resurrection is possible - ANYTHING is possible - but first we must BECOME Christ - attain that Conscious awareness of Self,where this unity is apparant always..

Ecthalion; "Unless we are resurrected very shortly after we die there will be no body for us to use. Think of all the billions of people throughout history who have died. Their mortal remains have rotted away to nothing. Also, many people have been cremated and their bodies turned to ash. If there is to be resurrection then we will need new bodies crafting for us."

YES<EXACTLY !! Energy !! We build a TEMPORARY FORM,from "the dust of the earth" as it is said - from the energy that is ALREADY PRESENT..We "borrow" it,coerce it,usurp it..Its only ours for a short time,then the form dissolves and the body is gone,back to its energy,back to its "nothingness"..Cremation is actualy a reflection of this metaphysical knowledge..The SOul INHABITS the body,it tied to it at the fundamental level..To cremate the body,destroy it utterly in fire,is to allow the Soul ts freedom..See,UNTIL WE MASTER OUR SELF,we are TRAPPED HERE !! Quite literally,because you are an ENERGY,and you have a certain vibratory frequency that matches THIS "physical universe"..There is no speration - I and the Father are One..The phenomena we call Energy,IS CONSCIOUSNESS ITSELF..Everything is energy = everything is CONSCIOUS = the Father my mate speaks of..

Until we attain THAT level of awareness - the christ mind - then we are trapped here by our own ignorance..As my mate said in the gospel of Thomas :

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.”

He is speaking about the nature of our existance,both before and AFTER life,for remember,there is NO SPERATION..Didnt he already telly ou repeatedly,the kindgdom is WITHIN you but it is not YET REALISED"..?..SO,WHAT is He telling us,actually then..?..WHAT is within you that can save you and bring about htis realisation of the Kingdom..?...

CONSCIOUSNESS...This whole phenomena is the metaphysics of Consciousness itself..Come to know the Self,come to mastery of the Self,THIS is salvation..Do not know the Self though,and you are "destroyed"...He is explaining in part,how CREATION OCCURRS..A Conscious intent !! Be clear here though.He does NOT mean you cease to exist,rather,He means that your LIFE HERE,your EFFORTS HERE,they will be destroyed - you will have to "start again"..Life is this Consciousness that you are,coming to recognise its own Self,in whatever form you currently have,whatever life you currently lead..You are EXPLORING YOURSELF,and so to some degree we are each either AWARE or IGNORANT of our true nature..This knowledge is the salvation that Yeshua offered..Relief from the ignorance and self deception of life..

To die in this ignorance,brings no gain for the eternal Soul,for the life bought no understanding of Self,and the death occurrs the Soul still believes it isa seperate entity,and so,it remains seperate,individualised still..BUT,it is still ENERGY,this force of creation..And so,quite naturally,the individual will" migrate",be attracted to other simialr forms of energy..The Soul,if very ognorant,will REINCARNATE in very similar circumstances to that which it just left behind,and another human life will begin "shortly"..

For a while,the Soul will find communion with others of a similar disposition..It wil inhabit one of several "energetic planes" -we may call them Heavens or some would say Astral realms - they are in essence Self generated constructs for the most part,though there are several distinct and true "realms" such as this physical one we now share..There are several such layers to this "shared reality" and these have been reflected in our various myths and notions of an "afterlife"..Really though,if you want accurat einfo,there is only two sources that get it correct: Christ,obviously,as He was the Fathers presence fully realised in mortal form..And also,the ancient Rishis of India,Vedanta philosophy simply knows things about reaity that mdoern science is now just verifying,yet they knew it and took it for granted millenia ago..

The Rishis studied CONSCIOUSNESS,and this is precicely what Christ is explainng too..Basically,both sources explain that all reality,all EXPERIENCE,is literally CREATED BY CONSCIOUSNESS..Upon death,the journey continues,determined by that which you are AWARE OF,as YOU,as a Conscious entity will CREATE YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE !! This is the true wisdom behind that which you may know as karma..The True Karma,is actually your OWN CREATIVE POTENTIAL..

As Christ advises then,BECOME AWARE OF THE SELF,and we gain mastery of this creative process..Full mastery means realising the universe exists as this energetic potential - as does your mind of course..Realising there is no seperation literally allows you to form the abstract energy of th euniverse,as you desire,perfectly every time,and so,you have conquered death - the form may come and go,but YOU,as awareness of the Fathers presence,are eternal..
Old 28-02-2021, 07:03 PM
Master
Quote:
08-01-2014, 01:21 AM
LC2488
Knower

During resurrection...

I hope I would not be resurrected in the same physical body that I'm in now. I also would not want to any memories of this previous life at all.