Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Old 15-12-2021, 06:11 PM
Guide

Aunties haunted home.

Many years ago when i was a wee boy, we were in Northern Ireland visiting family and friends there, and my uncle Sammy took me and my mother to stay the night at my aunt Kates house which was a huge house with two large stone pillars with a balcony over the front door, The entire house was surrounded by a tin sheeted wall and within that space patrolled several geese who nipped my ankles as we went into the house. I was about 8 years old at the time but i remember the experience there like it was yesterday. She had no electricity only oil lamps for lighting. a scary place with long dark shadows. We sat having dinner which was cooked on a peat fired range, when her dog started growling and the door opened and a draft billowed across the room then a noise was heard in her pantry, rattling of plates and tins, My mother and me were really scared of this odd occurrence, but my aunt Kate said it was just the old maid who died here years ago, and she wanders around the house, My aunt Kate accepted this as completely normal, said she does this every night and the dog growls at her. Later when we went to bed with an oil lamp the grandfather clock in the bedroom started to be wound up, I could hear the sound very clearly of the clock being wound up, and so could my mother, i said can we please leave here now mum. as both of us were now very scared, but the house was deep in the countryside miles from where we were staying at my uncle Sammies place. We were stuck there till the next day,
I found out later that my uncle Sammy was terrified of going into that house and was upset he did not warn us.

regards michael.
Old 20-12-2021, 03:31 PM
Master

It could of been the maid ,someone else that passed away there, or the wind . It doesn't sound like something any one should be afraid of.
Old 20-12-2021, 06:08 PM
Guide

Thanks for your thoughts desert rat. I was only about 7 years old and when i heard the grandfather clock being wound up with nobody there i hid under the bedclothes and was scared.

regards michael.
Old 23-12-2021, 04:44 AM
Master

It could be the wind but how would you explain the clock being wound up by itself and ticking sounds. I would be afraid as well. At least you had your mother with you. It was odd that your aunt thought it was normal and it did not worry her. Your aunt also said a maid died there. That would make me feel worse. I would be glad to leave that place.
Old 23-12-2021, 11:10 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
It could be the wind but how would you explain the clock being wound up by itself and ticking sounds. I would be afraid as well. At least you had your mother with you. It was odd that your aunt thought it was normal and it did not worry her. Your aunt also said a maid died there. That would make me feel worse. I would be glad to leave that place.

Many thanks for your thoughts astralsuzy , yes i was very glad to leave that house in the morning they also had a wishing well in the garden which fairies were supposed to guard.

regards michael.
Old 23-12-2021, 02:10 PM
Master

Some other ideas on what a ghost is include what is known as a human created thought form . All or most of create them unconsciously out of powerfull emotions . Fear , belief hate , ect. The soul of the maid might of gone on her after life but her some of her energy or a thought forum might of been created to hang around as a ghost . Another idea on a ghost is the astral body of some still alive but in their astral body . We all go out of body during deep sleep , visit interesting places , but dont remember when awake .
On being afrad of ghosts at 7 , yeah I think most of us were , but as I have scene a bunch of what I call friendly ghosts , they dont bother me now . They move and hide stuff . I have a post titled cell phone on this forum from a few years back . My smart phone ended up some where no one would have put it .