Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 26-05-2012, 03:00 AM
Better known as Jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelings
What if your whole life you were educated differently? What if you already heard of hundreds of different scams and beliefs, and everyone trying to make you believe in their god? I am an informed person, as in I like to read lots of stuff that's around me, and if I believe everything, I'll just get brain-damaged. If I haven't found the truth, does that mean that I don't deserve it yet? What if I want to, but I need a bit of help?

I feel in this instance you need to trust your gut, your instinct, as to what is guiding you and what YOU believe. I used to over analyze and over think and wasn't feeling.

You are on the right path in finding your truth by asking, wondering and questioning what you have experienced. Some people reach that state at an early age, others later and sadly, some never do.

Be easy on yourself and give it time. I don't meditate but do talk with my guides often but am able to hear them the best at night, when my mind is quiet. I will get an instant answer to a question and write them down in a journal in case I fall asleep and forget.

You can certainly keep asking for more 'proof' but what is it you seek? Would a piano falling on your head make you believe? Believe in yourself and the answers you seek will come to you.
Old 26-05-2012, 06:35 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Hello,

I am very new to this, and I have a question: is it possible to channel, or communicate in any way (real-time) with your guides or the masters, without being in a meditative state? For example if I have a conversation with a person who can do this, and that person talks to me directly, I ask my questions, and that person gives the answers from the other side instantly, like we were talking normally? How can this work?

Thanks!

Meditation of some form can teach one to become more aware of the stillness, ,the quiet state of no mind ,wherein it's easier to hear spirit guides, or the god within.

Eckhardt Tolle, suggests people can become aware of that quite naturally, the "space between thoughts".
It's always there, and one must just learn how to stop & listen. IMO

BTW my teacher always advised students to "test the spirit" ... to determine if messages were true or misleading. Not everyone who "picks up the phone" necessarily has our best interests in mind, or necessarily possesses wisdom greater than ours.
Old 28-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkade
What does the inner voice say? if your reasoning rejects it, reject it. If you wish to discern an idea, to know whether it is true or false, place it in the garden of your mind. Leave it there for a while and see what grows. If it is truth it will fill your mind with undertanding and wisdom, if it is not it will cause you confusion and chaos. If it yields nothing then let it stay there for three years, and still if it gives you nothing cast it out.

The garden of the mind is where all ideas should be placed. Within the garden there is a temple, this is where you heart is. Place that which has been planted in the garden, which has yeilded goodness, wisdom and understand and place it within.

Test everything within the garden. Do not place anything in the temple unless it has passed through the garden and has been tested first. When others ask you to believe in something, simply because they have said it, or some other has said it, no matter the authority, place it first within the mind. The problems of the world, I believe, would be far less if people did this before they opened their mouth, or cast a stone.

Wise words, but it's easier said than done. I can't control my mind so easily as you suggest. I can't just put my thoughts here and there and see what happens. My mind has a mind of its own, and ideas just pop out of nowhere. Yes, I can use reason to find their true nature, but wouldn't that conflict with the "trust the gut" mentality?

That's the "problem" I'm facing. If I don't listen to others, and I don't get a push to start, it's hard to have that strong desire that John is talking about. Maybe it's not the right time yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better known as Jo
I feel in this instance you need to trust your gut, your instinct, as to what is guiding you and what YOU believe. I used to over analyze and over think and wasn't feeling.

You are on the right path in finding your truth by asking, wondering and questioning what you have experienced. Some people reach that state at an early age, others later and sadly, some never do.

Be easy on yourself and give it time. I don't meditate but do talk with my guides often but am able to hear them the best at night, when my mind is quiet. I will get an instant answer to a question and write them down in a journal in case I fall asleep and forget.

You can certainly keep asking for more 'proof' but what is it you seek? Would a piano falling on your head make you believe? Believe in yourself and the answers you seek will come to you.

I'm patient. It may not sound good, but this isn't my main purpose in life (at least not now). Nevertheless, I am open to anything, but this requires a pretty strict filter on my behalf, I can't let everything in and accept everything, that would be impossible. So what do I seek? Well, no, I don't want a piano falling on my head , but a sparkle that would send me on my own way, rather than trying and failing to follow others paths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri77
Meditation of some form can teach one to become more aware of the stillness, ,the quiet state of no mind ,wherein it's easier to hear spirit guides, or the god within.

Eckhardt Tolle, suggests people can become aware of that quite naturally, the "space between thoughts".
It's always there, and one must just learn how to stop & listen. IMO

BTW my teacher always advised students to "test the spirit" ... to determine if messages were true or misleading. Not everyone who "picks up the phone" necessarily has our best interests in mind, or necessarily possesses wisdom greater than ours.

My mind and ego are really strong and it's not easy for me to quiet them down, but I'm working on it :).
Old 28-06-2012, 05:26 AM
Knower
From what I see, no one here's capable of showing the Op any palpable proof of anything mystic. I personally haven't had any other-worldly experiences, or unexplained , paranormal activity. Haven't been conscious of any intellectual conversations between me and another conscious entity, nada.
Belief's are just that, words are lies , and the truth is to perception as milk is to cookies.
It's all a matter of what ideology you've formed throughout the entirety of your life. I couldn't possibly fit together the pieces for you, because of the fact that I am an individual.

Truth is reality, reality is ticking. Truth is being, being is the universe, the universe is the truth.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:45 AM
Distortedsoundz

It happens with me. My brain sort of "switches" into what I call "Higher self mode" -Or whatever it is. It definitely is not me or my personality as my physical self. A part of me fancies the idea of divine timing. The other side may come through when it needs to I believe.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:00 AM
Distortedsoundz

Honestly...You may never get the kind of proof that you are searching for. You may never experience the other side in a manner that is conducive to you being a believer or anything. You can choose whether or not to have hope or hang onto faith or have no faith at all and be a complete non believer in anything supernatural. But the good thing is...You always have choices in each and every situation that presents itself in your life. And with that said..At the very least you can get out of your head and pay attention to your internal navigation system -Or instincts. And be the master of your own life regardless of your beliefs. That is the most realistic advice that I can give anyone no matter what they believe.
Quote:
It is helpful, thank you. I understand what you're saying. But isn't it possible that all that I am would approve something with much more conviction when it sees a proof of the right path. I don't have anything specific in mind, but I think having something like this can create a much stronger faith in me, which will help me pursue these goals much easier. I also understand the other part of the story, which is that I need to find it myself to truly understand it, and not get it all "for free". But I never asked for all of it without doing the "hard" work, just a sparkle, that maybe saves me 10 years of wondering, or even a lifetime (or more).
Old 11-07-2012, 11:07 PM
Administrator
The answer to your question is yes , i dont have to meditate to connect to my guides or to connect to spirit either, i just do it, i was born with my abilities so its second nature to me.

Namaste
Old 12-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Or it's just too easy, and we're used to complicated.

ahah it's exactly what thinking yesterday.

To believe in the presence of your guide you can ask for a little sign,but don't expect it to be something good or that you could show to others,for me it was just a flash of light.

You'll know that it is true in your heart,all the truth is there.

I know easier to says than to do

and no,you doesn't need to be in a meditative state to communicate.
Old 13-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Hello,

I am very new to this, and I have a question: is it possible to channel, or communicate in any way (real-time) with your guides or the masters, without being in a meditative state? For example if I have a conversation with a person who can do this, and that person talks to me directly, I ask my questions, and that person gives the answers from the other side instantly, like we were talking normally? How can this work?

Thanks!

Absolutely! That's how I channel. Literally, I speak, and the angel or master speaks back by sort of 'dropping' telepathic/clairaudient words and meanings into my head. On my better days it's like being on the psychic phone.

A trance (or conscious) channel could do what you want - a Q&A session with a higher being. You can do it for yourself though, if you meditate and practise, because that's all I did and now I have them on brain-speed dial!
Old 14-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Hello,

Thanks!

Hello

Yes, but it takes a lot of energy on both parties parts. I am a Medium so at times I can have a Spirit come in so real to me that I have to at times test if they are real. We carry on a two way conversations like I would with a living person. This too goes with Guides and higer beings. There are times too when friends of mine can sense someone with me or hear a message from me Guide.

I had that last night I was in chat with a friend and they went two of yours are here, I was like ok whom. One was a Guide the other took me a bit to pin down, but I did. One was there to keep the other at bay. This was in real time.

How does it work time is a man made concept so really things are fluid. Its all energy and its all the levels of trust we have in accepting what we can do and what we are that moves us forwards with communications that are free from meditations.

When one is working in doing a reading for a person that wants contact with someone from the otherside one moves into that space for communications to freely flow in, at times one might well seem to be in a semi trance state but one is very much aware of the World around them.

Lynn