Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-08-2020, 10:23 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpro
Hi there,
I was in a spiritual awakening the last couple years, came into a ton of love and joy and truth. But then fear came up and my heart shut down cuz I resisted it. My heart has felt empty for a few months. I worry my mind is so active now, and my ego so strong, I will not be able to surrender. Can I ask for something to happen during sleep...? Like for my soul to have a loving encounter during sleep and therefore make it easier to surrender back to love...? I know that the mind lives on during sleep so if it can’t do it during the day maybe it can’t at night ... but nothing has been working and time is not doing me any favours.

You can ask for anything you want! Of course there’s no guarantee you’ll get it...but if you don’t ask, you won’t get lol! Seriously, ask. Asking won’t hurt and the worst you can get is a no!
Old 18-08-2020, 02:20 AM
Knower

Already asked, no succezz
Old 18-08-2020, 02:26 AM
Knower

How does it work?? I have not felt love in four months, the love I used to feel feels like a dream. How can I “get” it back? Do I have any control over this whatsoever?
Old 18-08-2020, 04:06 AM
Master
Quote:
How does it work?? I have not felt love in four months, the love I used to feel feels like a dream. How can I “get” it back? Do I have any control over this whatsoever?

This is a real loss, Sarahpro, but we can regain love awareness with regular heart meditation practice. and there many styles around. Here is a simple one for anytime anywhere.

HEART BREATHING
*Begin by relaxing, down away from your head and into your breathing... continuing for several breaths.
*Place one hand or a finger, or see a light, in the center of your chest to keep your awareness here
... breathing, relaxing, letting go within.
*Continue like this.

When you find yourself distracted..."oops"... and come right back. Persistence pays.

Old 18-08-2020, 04:37 AM
Master
Quote:
I have not felt love in four months, the love I used to feel feels like a dream.

Maybe it was.
Old 18-08-2020, 04:50 AM
Ascender
Never midm

Last edited by ~Lioness~ : 18-08-2020 at 03:11 PM.
Old 24-08-2020, 04:55 PM
Knower

Still really set on trying to “get” my heart open. I don’t know if it is something I can “do” at all, and apparently it doesn’t want to happen overnight. I am just so stuck and convinced I will suffer eternally if my heart never opens
Old 25-08-2020, 03:56 AM
Deactivated Account

What we feel, love or whatever, is a holistic thing. Our circumstances in life affect what we feel, do we have loving nurturing friends or family?, are we financially secure?, do we have physical or other problems?, and on and on all contribute to how we feel. A person under a lot of stress with a lot of problems will not feel much beyond those weights on them. Love comes naturally if we can get rid of what is obstructing it.
Old 25-08-2020, 04:48 PM
Knower

being convinced that this will last and that "you will suffer eternally" as you say, is also part of the problem.
one thing I always hold on to is 'this too shall pass'
and knowing that is enough for the time being, until the passing is all done.

it's a knowledge you can source from experience and memory.
Old 25-08-2020, 06:32 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatimasque
being convinced that this will last and that "you will suffer eternally" as you say, is also part of the problem.
one thing I always hold on to is 'this too shall pass'
and knowing that is enough for the time being, until the passing is all done.

it's a knowledge you can source from experience and memory.

Yes true. What we believe affects us greatly. The good thing is we can choose our beliefs. The bad thing is not all are aware we can choose our beliefs.