Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 06:58 PM
ketzer

Oompa Loompa doompety doo
I've got another puzzle for you
Oompa Loompa doompety dee
If you are wise you'll listen to me

Who do you blame when your kid is a brat
Pampered and spoiled like a siamese cat
Blaming the kids is a lie and a shame
You know exactly who's to blame
The mother and the father

Maybe mother nature didn’t do such a good job with us. Hehe! This idea of saving the earth is an appealing one, but it is also perhaps a little anthropocentric and maybe even a bit arrogant. After all, if we take all the wolves out of an ecosystem, the deer eat up the food and begin to starve. The deer don’t get together and say lets not have so many fawns this year so we don’t out populate our food supply. Yet we make the assumptions that humans are smart enough to do this. Maybe humans are or maybe they are not. Maybe some are but on average we are not. Maybe we are just smarter than the average monkey but not smart enough. After all, 99.9% of species that once existed are now extinct. Are we an “intelligent” enough species to be the first to avoid that fate. Maybe we are just smart enough to find more and more food, but not smart enough to know when to stop eating it. The advent of photosynthesis very nearly wiped out all life on earth at one time….oops mom, ya didn’t think that one through did ya? Almost did yourself in that time. Are we not part of nature? Maybe mother nature messed up again and is now paying the price for her mistakes.

It is doubtful that we will wipe out all life on earth, and whatever life would remain would most likely re-evolve diversity as it has after the previous 5 great extinction events. Perhaps in a couple hundred million years from now, maybe even a billion, an actual intelligent life form from some distant part of the galaxy will find its way here. They may find a beautiful world, a planet teeming with biodiversity. As they study it they will find out about the six (or more depending on when the actually arrive) great extinction events in the history of the planet, including one caused by one species of primate that became too successful and threw the planet's biosphere out of balance and caused a collapse in biodiversity that has long since recovered. And perhaps they will not think much of it as they have seen something similar in many other worlds they have studied, maybe in the scope of a universe, our self extinction event is no big thing, a very common event, maybe more common than not. Then again maybe we are smart enough to survive, and they will find us here when they arrive. IDK.

Does it make sense to spend your short life on this planet trying to stop humans from driving themselves extinct? IDK, are you trying to interfere with the natural course of events? Who are you to think it is up to you to fix mother nature's boo boo? Maybe mother nature knows best how to fix it and repair the damage. Maybe mother nature needs to clean up her own mess. It’s all in how you look at it. I honestly don’t think either choice is clearly the right or wrong one.
Old 04-02-2021, 07:25 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Oompa Loompa doompety doo
I've got another puzzle for you
Oompa Loompa doompety dee
If you are wise you'll listen to me

Who do you blame when your kid is a brat
Pampered and spoiled like a siamese cat
Blaming the kids is a lie and a shame
You know exactly who's to blame
The mother and the father

Maybe mother nature didn’t do such a good job with us. Hehe! This idea of saving the earth is an appealing one, but it is also perhaps a little anthropocentric and maybe even a bit arrogant. After all, if we take all the wolves out of an ecosystem, the deer eat up the food and begin to starve. The deer don’t get together and say lets not have so many fawns this year so we don’t out populate our food supply. Yet we make the assumptions that humans are smart enough to do this. Maybe humans are or maybe they are not. Maybe some are but on average we are not. Maybe we are just smarter than the average monkey but not smart enough. After all, 99.9% of species that once existed are now extinct. Are we an “intelligent” enough species to be the first to avoid that fate. Maybe we are just smart enough to find more and more food, but not smart enough to know when to stop eating it. The advent of photosynthesis very nearly wiped out all life on earth at one time….oops mom, ya didn’t think that one through did ya? Almost did yourself in that time. Are we not part of nature? Maybe mother nature messed up again and is now paying the price for her mistakes.

It is doubtful that we will wipe out all life on earth, and whatever life would remain would most likely re-evolve diversity as it has after the previous 5 great extinction events. Perhaps in a couple hundred million years from now, maybe even a billion, an actual intelligent life form from some distant part of the galaxy will find its way here. They may find a beautiful world, a planet teeming with biodiversity. As they study it they will find out about the six (or more depending on when the actually arrive) great extinction events in the history of the planet, including one caused by one species of primate that became too successful and threw the planet's biosphere out of balance and caused a collapse in biodiversity that has long since recovered. And perhaps they will not think much of it as they have seen something similar in many other worlds they have studied, maybe in the scope of a universe, our self extinction event is no big thing, a very common event, maybe more common than not. Then again maybe we are smart enough to survive, and they will find us here when they arrive. IDK.

Does it make sense to spend your short life on this planet trying to stop humans from driving themselves extinct? IDK, are you trying to interfere with the natural course of events? Who are you to think it is up to you to fix mother nature's boo boo? Maybe mother nature knows best how to fix it and repair the damage. Maybe mother nature needs to clean up her own mess. It’s all in how you look at it. I honestly don’t think either choice is clearly the right or wrong one.

Great Filter. Snowball Earth.

We look at things over the span of a lifetime or two or three. Heck, even the potential stretch of the entire species. In geological time that's peanuts.

Yes, perhaps a bit arrogant and especially considering there's no guarantee we won't make as big a mistake trying to get out of our perceived fix as we did in making it in the first place, and especially since it seems to me it's being overly driven by fear. Fear is never a good driver of reasoned change.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:29 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm

Nobody knows what will happen with this type of increase in CO2.

nothing much if anything at all. greener. the plant kingdom can notice something that insignificant. 177 parts per million plant life dies. do you remember when the story was backwards? growing up worried about an ice age due to the same tbing?

lots of things are involved. to pick on the most insignificant as if that is the determining factor is probably why they are always wrong and rewriting the story as things evolve. cooling. nope. warming. nope. now climate change. true. why? because that is the only comstant.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 05-02-2021, 01:38 AM
Master
I calculated that if everybody grew 7% more green stuff, the CO2 levels would go back to what some people want it to be.

Too simple of a solution......

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 05-02-2021, 02:17 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I calculated that if everybody grew 7% more green stuff, the CO2 levels would go back to what some people want it to be.

Too simple of a solution......

If you were right, we'd be back to the problem of getting everyone on board.

Such is the world.
Old 05-02-2021, 02:31 AM
ketzer

Personally, I am banking on those lizard aliens to reveal themselves and save us all. It's a long shot, but even if 100% of scientists agreed, I don't see it making a big difference to many in the pish tosh crowd anyway. So maybe a bit of extraterrestrial influence would help. Plus at this point we may need advanced extraterrestrial carbon sucking technology to slow the ship before it hits the ice burg and sinks so....
Can I get everybody to put there hands in here and...
give me a one, and a two, and a three,...Gooooooo Gecko!
He's our only hope.

Bad metaphor! Better make that ice burg a coral reef....no wait...OK, I got it, a bleached out dead coral reef.
Old 05-02-2021, 02:34 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Personally, I am banking on those lizard aliens to reveal themselves and save us all. It's a long shot, but even if 100% of scientists agreed, I don't see it making a big difference to many in the pish tosh crowd anyway. So maybe a bit of extraterrestrial influence would help. Plus at this point we may need advanced extraterrestrial carbon sucking technology to slow the ship before it hits the ice burg and sinks so....
Can I get everybody to put there hands in here and...
give me a one, and a two, and a three,...Gooooooo Gecko!
He's our only hope.

Oh we're totally lost if we're depending on them.

Don't the lizards want it hotter? Lol.
Old 05-02-2021, 02:55 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitterRose
Oh we're totally lost if we're depending on them.

Don't the lizards want it hotter? Lol.
YOUR RIGHT. They are probably the ones behind the whole thing....diabolical...pretending to sell car insurance while really using cars to teraform...or...lizerform the plant to their liking.

Hey maybe if we went with that story instead of the egghead scientists yada data yada stuff, we could get more traction...what do ya think?

Need to be careful though, wouldn't want to touch off an whole new epidemic of road rage and car shootings.

"Eat lead you scaly fiends!" Boom boom boom!
Old 05-02-2021, 03:01 AM
ketzer

BTW: As far as do or don't do art, maybe one could do art to show the beauty being lost and inspire others to care more.
There ya go, ya can have your cake and eat it too.

No lizard art though.
Old 05-02-2021, 03:08 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
BTW: As far as do or don't do art, maybe one could do art to show the beauty being lost and inspire others to care more.
There ya go, ya can have your cake and eat it too.

No lizard art though.

Lol you always make me laugh.

Absolutely, lizard art is totally out.
Closed Thread