Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > EFT

Old 02-11-2010, 12:51 PM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
EFT is a much simplified form of TFT [ Thought Field Therapy - the Callahan Technique ]. This requires the services of a trained practitioner. Look it up
http://www.thoughtfieldtherapy.co.uk
This is not correct. Anybody can use the TFT techniques although it is more complex than EFT.
The British Thought Field Therapy Association can anything they want, I see no link or claim that they are a statutory body with enforcement rights.

All 'health care' practitioner who works with energy psychology should also think many times before wanting to have their particular discipline recognized. Once the regulatory agencies, accredited training schools and companies get their fingers on it we can say goodbye to 2 things, the average person being allowed to practice it for remuneration, and accessibility for those who are not very, very wealthy.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Master
If you wish to practice the Callahan technique, you have to go through approved training.
Also, there are several complementary practices now available within the NHS, such as Acupuncture, Chiropractice, etc and you can bet your boots that they ARE regulated and that includes national standards of training. If you want to get Professional Practice Insurances and Local Authority Approval, you also need approved training and membership of the particular professional body. It's the only way to keep out the cowboys who do weekend courses. My ex has a very successful practice within the NHS and I know the hoops and the training programmes she undertook [ including TFT]
Old 02-11-2010, 04:26 PM
pre-dawn

Acupuncture and chiropractice are both body invasive therapies in a physical sense. That is a different kettle of fish to purely energetic based practices which are largely self-administered.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Master
Fair point. The problem always arises if a patient is being charged a fee, then all the regulations do come in. If you dont have the Liability Insurances and Approvals, it's like driving a car without insurance.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
EFT is a much simplified form of TFT [ Thought Field Therapy - the Callahan Technique ]. This requires the services of a trained practitioner. Often used as an add-on to Acupuncture/pressure. Look it up
http://www.thoughtfieldtherapy.co.uk

Ah-ha - my exact question, answered!

I'll tell you TFT works in minutes!!!!
Tapping correctly is amazing.

Great informative thread, Xan.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-11-2010, 01:12 AM
White Wolf

pre-dawn - thanks for the reply. I did find other issues arose in response to a non-financial issue.

Xan - OMG it actually worked. I feel as though I'm covered in little round bruises now. LOL But my anxiety has dropped considerably. I'm a convert.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
This is not correct. Anybody can use the TFT techniques although it is more complex than EFT.
The British Thought Field Therapy Association can anything they want, I see no link or claim that they are a statutory body with enforcement rights.

pre-dawn and norseman...

You're right that this is not a regulation but was the original intention of Dr. Callahan who developed TFT.

Gary Craig provided the world with EFT - a more 'user-friendly' form - which has spread to millions of users and practitioners around the world, and has spurred the further development of other energy psychology methods. I venture to guess that through EFT's popularity it has also lead more therapists to learn the more formal method of TFT than would have otherwise.

As for the fees and licensing issue, this is for each individual to work out acording to their own state regulations... not a consideration for EFT or TFT per se. Most people learn it to use for themselves, their family members and friends... with great benefits and gratitude.

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 04-11-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf
Xan - OMG it actually worked. I feel as though I'm covered in little round bruises now. LOL But my anxiety has dropped considerably. I'm a convert.

White Wolf... I'm so glad to hear you tried it... and found it really does work.

Little round bruises means you're tapping too hard.

The effect is not in physical force but moderate energetic stimulation of the acupoints. In fact, some people prefer to massage the points in a circular motion, with moderate pressure.
I most often use the touch-and-breathe method... holding my fingertip on each point with a deep breath, with the same releasing benefits.

Quote:
How long is it supposed to take before a person gets results?

This depends very much on the complexity of the issue, Wolf. Simple problems such as a headache or physical habit may disappear quickly, whereas issues with more emotional components and painful memories may take longer.

However, a key for effectiveness with EFT and other energy psychology methods is to get to the core emotions and events from the past and release those. This may come fairly easily from intuition, or may take some detective work and going down through the layers.

It's important to let go of expectations about how long it will take, and simply get to work on an issue and keep going - every day if necessary - until it is gone.

Xan

Old 04-11-2010, 08:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
Is it any different from what was on the emofree web site? Cause, I've read that...

"emofree" was the website of Gary Craig, who has now retired. The new one is maintained by a group of EFT masters: http://EFTuniverse.com

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 05-11-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekseek
if you want to see the tapping sequence, just put "eft" into the youtube search engine. there are tons of videos.

Yes, you can learn the tapping points from an online blog... however, there's much more to using EFT effectively than merely knowing the tapping ponits. I repeat from my original article:

It’s important to learn to do EFT correctly from studying a book or watching a full length video or from an experienced person, rather than from a little YouTube blog.

An excellent book is “Discover the Power of Meridian Tapping“ by Patricia Carrington, and there are many others.

Here are two sites with basic explanations and instructions:

http://www.thetappingsolution.com/how-to-tap.php

http://eft.mercola.com

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 05-11-2010 at 09:49 PM.