Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-11-2020, 07:42 PM
Newbie ;)
Knower

Talking Poverty Is a Sin

From the Book "The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity"

.Prosperity Is Your Divine Heritage

You want to be prosperous mainly because it is right that you should be. Prosperity is your divine heritage
as the child of a King, as a son of God.

--*deleted*
Success is Divinely Ordained
There is no reason for you to think of prosperity as something separate from your spiritual life or “beyond the pale” of religion.

*deleted*

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 25-11-2020 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Copy/paste Forum Rules
Old 24-11-2020, 08:12 PM
JustASimpleGuy

In the end all that is created will eventually be destroyed. Pursuit of prosperity for prosperity's sake alone is a pursuit doomed to failure. Yoking happiness to prosperity is a guarantee for unhappiness.

Attain a level of prosperity and is it enough, or is more and more prosperity required? How much is enough? See Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs. I'd posit the greatest prosperity is that of spirit, not of possession.

In short it's not what one pursues, but why one pursues. Selfless pursuit is much more likely to give one happiness than selfish pursuit.
Old 24-11-2020, 08:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScientificExplorer
That is one of the reasons why, as a minister, I have felt so strongly led to do whatever I can to help people learn how to eradicate the sin of poverty from their lives.

ScientificExplorer,

Vulgarity in post #46 of the thread 'Surrender' and here you are a minister of the prosperity gospel ? Something does not seem to compute.....
Old 24-11-2020, 09:04 PM
Master

Quote:

Poverty is a Sin
Let's remember that these authors sell hope. They need your attention for that.

What they do is a pyramid scheme. Only the first layer of the pyramid gets to profit: the author.

Instead of paying attention to them, better pay attention to your own inner source of guidance. You can find out what matters and what doesn't. You can find out what we are born to do here.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 24-11-2020, 10:23 PM
Guide
Lightbulb

"We are not rich by what we possess, but by what we can do without"

Immanuel Kant
Old 24-11-2020, 10:30 PM
Master

Matthew 19:24 (the difficulty of a rich man entering the kingdom of heaven, etc)...the sin of and in poverty is demonstrated by the wealth and mansions of slave masters and dictators....the poverty of the masses produces the wealth of the few.....I detest the prosperity gospel for many reasons....it worships the material while ignoring the spiritual.....
Old 24-11-2020, 11:29 PM
Guide
Wink

A good time to quote the feisty Dorothy Parker....
"If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to."
Old 25-11-2020, 12:41 AM
Master

If you don't appreciate money you'll never have money.

If you'd appreciate money, and that wouldn't be contradicted by other beliefs, you would get money you could put to a good use, as per your opinion of what "good" is.

Could you change the whole world to meet your beliefs? No, but you could do some "good" in your sphere of influence.

Setting up unachievable goals is a way of blaming others for your pipe-dreams, and doing nothing.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 25-11-2020, 01:12 AM
Master
Quote:

Poverty is a Sin

And so again I say: It is shockingly right instead of shockingly wrong for you to be prosperous. Obviously, you cannot be very happy if you are poor, and you need not be poor.
*deleted*
---
Prosperity Is Your Divine Heritage

You should be prosperous, well supplied and have an abundance of good because it is your divine heritage.
*deleted*
I have no doubt that everything you read was written by wealthy people, of course there going to think living in poverty is a sin. Even when you mentioned the religious people again often wealthy, none of which have to worry where there next meal is coming from to say the least. The church was at one point the wealthiest institution on the planet. I agree people should stop blaming God for anything. I believe Rich or poor, everyone has a price to pay. Your going to pay for what ever is most important to you. I don't live in poverty but I "pay for" personal freedom over "paying" material things. Life is full of ups and downs but overall people choose where there at in life. But to say poverty is a sin I feel is silly.
Old 25-11-2020, 02:09 AM
Master

It is entirely possible that some(say on a spiritual forum) might consider poverty of spirit worse than poverty of the material.