Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 26-09-2020, 01:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

Was the information "off" or was it just not put forth in the right way to be understood ? I have had this seem to happen, but at a short later date it all made sense to the person getting the message. At times we get a spirit over lap where one comes in over the other but there is a relation.

Does ego play a role in a reading I know you so I would say no in your case. More your questioning what you got and in that your brain is over riding your intuition that is that pure gut feeling that is outside the brains logic center.

When I do a picture reading I will often go to other divination tools at hand as well to make things a bit clearer and help that spirit communicate more.

We have to remember that while we are "looking" for one spirit there are many out there that will be an awww that you can sense them and want in as well to communicate. This is where we can ask for our Guides to help filter thins out a bit and give us a clearer pathway.

Lynn

I will start a thread on an experience I had.

Hello, Friend..

Thanks for the kind words and support..

I understand exactly what you are asking... I don't know what I experienced, but it wasn't those couple of scenarios.

I read a photo that was in a book on listening to spirit, where there was information placed in the back pages so that whatever came to me could then be validated - or not. In my case - not.

If I had to guess I would say that I just didn't connect and assume that those images and thoughts just popped in from my subconscious but knowing for sure what it was that came to me would help tremendously.

Was it hypnogogic images, subconscious gibberish, ego?

At this point I don't believe it was spirit, but if it was, it was a totally different spirit than the spirit whose energy I was intending to connect to, and of course there really is no way to validate this.

The thing that threw me tho' was that I thought that if I didn't connect, that I would receive *nothing*. Instead, I got something... But what, if not spirit?

And since then I've had a few things running thru my mind like maybe I didn't pick anything up on this spirit because they were murdered.. Maybe I'm not meant (or don't have the gift) to read photos in particular.. Maybe I didn't eat enough during the day and my energy wasn't as high as I thought it was, or maybe not high enough over-all. I believe I'll understand some day, so perhaps I'm just being impatient. :)

Thank you for the idea of using other tools. The tarot comes to mind. I really do like the idea of using the cards to help clarify the information received. I will keep this in mind should I try this again.

Anyway, every other weekend I will be devoting significant time to my spiritual development .. improving my energy, strengthening my clairs and trying my hand at other types of connecting with spirit. Lately I've been drawn to try automatic writing.. It will be another first but I'm excited to try as I fee this could be an easier way for me to connect. I'll definitely post on the forum once I have something helpful or interesting to share. :)

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.

So happy you're still here at SF.

Blessings..
Old 26-09-2020, 02:37 PM
Experiencer
Younger Brother

i was having a conversation with my brother who is alcohol dependant a few days ago the conversation felt warm and connecting but I've never noticed this before or never took any notice after a short time it was like the energy had changed and the warmth was not there just nothing i have been learning most of my life about these things but never really understood or noted it down i suppose we are all different in that respect we want to lead a normal life but because we were born slightly different we have to accept that or go mad I've accepted it but i am still learning. years ago i went on a day workshop in Kensington London i was not sure what to expect i thought5 it was a talk and some basic activities the title of the event was discover your psychic self although i had many experiences before this i did put much about them and thought most people experience such things i felt quit nervous to surrounded by so many people as we were spread around the outer edge of the room making one big circle we had to introduce our self's and say what we expected to get out of the workshop. we all had name labels so we could talk to one another by first name if needed it got to my turn and as i was explaining about my self nervously an Australian lady over the other side of the room said I'm sorry I'm starring at you Brian as there was some gasps to my explanation's to been there she said you got a very bright glow around your body i did not know what she was talking about until i researched it this been my electrical aura that surrounds every living being animal, human etc she could see my aura, something said in my mind get to know this person she could help maybe but the tutor kept moving her out of my way when she got near i never did find out why
Old 26-09-2020, 02:37 PM
Experiencer
Younger Brother

i was having a conversation with my brother who is alcohol dependant a few days ago the conversation felt warm and connecting but I've never noticed this before or never took any notice after a short time it was like the energy had changed and the warmth was not there just nothing i have been learning most of my life about these things but never really understood or noted it down i suppose we are all different in that respect we want to lead a normal life but because we were born slightly different we have to accept that or go mad I've accepted it but i am still learning. years ago i went on a day workshop in Kensington London i was not sure what to expect i thought5 it was a talk and some basic activities the title of the event was discover your psychic self although i had many experiences before this i did put much about them and thought most people experience such things i felt quit nervous to surrounded by so many people as we were spread around the outer edge of the room making one big circle we had to introduce our self's and say what we expected to get out of the workshop. we all had name labels so we could talk to one another by first name if needed it got to my turn and as i was explaining about my self nervously an Australian lady over the other side of the room said I'm sorry I'm starring at you Brian as there was some gasps to my explanation's to been there she said you got a very bright glow around your body i did not know what she was talking about until i researched it this been my electrical aura that surrounds every living being animal, human etc she could see my aura, something said in my mind get to know this person she could help maybe but the tutor kept moving her out of my way when she got near i never did find out why
Old 28-09-2020, 04:31 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelgrim_2020
Hi, which kind of book or website could I read that would help me to understand how to do ancestry readings with tarot?

I suggest you try posting your question in a Tarot forum and/or on a Tarot speciality website.
Old 28-09-2020, 04:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
I suggest you try posting your question in a Tarot forum and/or on a Tarot speciality website.

Hi Bobjob :)

Thank you for the suggestion. I could but my thread isn't really tarot related. I was trying to connect with a spirit via a photograph. Tarot cards came up in the thread as a suggested way to help me clarify the energy coming thru. I could post another thread asking about how to use tarot when reading a photo tho', which I might do.

My purpose in posting was to find out what 'came thru' when I read the photo as it wasn't the spirit I was attempting to connect with.

Thanks kindly for the suggestion!
Old 28-09-2020, 06:21 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens_Light
Hi Bobjob :)

Thank you for the suggestion. I could but my thread isn't really tarot related. I was trying to connect with a spirit via a photograph. Tarot cards came up in the thread as a suggested way to help me clarify the energy coming thru. I could post another thread asking about how to use tarot when reading a photo tho', which I might do.

My purpose in posting was to find out what 'came thru' when I read the photo as it wasn't the spirit I was attempting to connect with.

Thanks kindly for the suggestion!

Ah, I think I see.....

May I ask what you understand about communication with discarnates? I don't follow what you meant by "ancestry" but if you're meaning linking with earlier generations of your family then then same 'rules' apply as to any attempts at trans-dimensional communication.
Old 28-09-2020, 06:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Ah, I think I see.....

May I ask what you understand about communication with discarnates? I don't follow what you meant by "ancestry" but if you're meaning linking with earlier generations of your family then then same 'rules' apply as to any attempts at trans-dimensional communication.

Hello again ~

I'm sorry I didn't realize it earlier as I'd replied as well, but I see you were replying to Pelgrim's post, who'd asked about tarot for connecting with ancestry.

Sorry for the confusion!
Old 28-09-2020, 07:13 PM
Deactivated Account
oops We were both a trifle confused! I knew I was answering to Pelgrim's posting but it didn't register that you had responded.

I came into this forum because it's about mediumship and thought the question from Pelgrim would have stood a better chance in a different forum.

I've just looked through the whole thread and it began about mediumship but that subject got lost somewhere.
Old 28-09-2020, 07:22 PM
Master
Quote:
oops We were both a trifle confused! I knew I was answering to Pelgrim's posting but it didn't register that you had responded.

I came into this forum because it's about mediumship and thought the question from Pelgrim would have stood a better chance in a different forum.

I've just looked through the whole thread and it began about mediumship but that subject got lost somewhere.

Old 21-10-2020, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens_Light
Greetings, Pelgrim... I see you're relatively new to the forum - so welcome!

I'm sorry I can't really answer your question.. Perhaps someone will chime in, or you might check out the Tarot & Oracle Cards forum here if you haven't already done so. Blessings on your journey!
Thank you!