Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 04:51 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
janielee,
What caused you to go off on me?
There is absolutely no reason to be disrespectful to me and I wrote nothing about the environment so why post what you wrote?
John, for the record, I will not be playing your games of trying to appeal to the moderators as the innocent man you pretend to be.

We all know that you went on for days about how I said your claims that environmental warming is false was "fake news". It seems you can't get over it, but again please take it elsewhere and respect this thread, and Flexi-Girl's intent. I will be ignoring further comments for you, out of respect for this thread, and hope you find peace one day.

JL

PS https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/s...d.php?t=137036
Old 06-09-2020, 04:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
I am not a moderator here. I am not going to tell you, you can't post here but I am allowed to state my opinions.

Over the past several months on this site, there has been an influx of non-vegans posting strong opinions towards vegans and veganism. They come here and arrogantly espouse their anti-vegan sentiment and vegan shaming. They have no intention of learning or understanding other than to argue for why veganism is bad without having done any honest research.

Over time it's become less of a place for sharing and encouraging others in the vegan community, and more of a place for rude loud-mouths to smear and insult a movement we care about

While nobody here is telling you do not have the right to post on the vegan part of the forum, that doesn't mean you're not being a self-entitled disrespectful jerk.

As a 15 year vegan, I don't care about your anti-vegan opinions and your reasons for why you don't like veganism. I have no intention of arguing with you because I know in you're just being contentious. After all it's the trend, to ridicule veganism.

Some of us are vegan for health reasons, but the majority of us are vegans for ethical reasons. I am not the only voice here for veganism, nor am I the voice for the moderators but I am sure I am not alone when I say, "you don't belong here". Please don't post your garbage in our small corner of the forum. To put this in perspective, imagine going to a an anti-racist forum and posting reasons why think racism is good and going out of your way to discredit anti-racists. That's how you appear to us.

If you are non-vegan please at the very least show some humility and respect. I would also invite other vegans as well as non-vegans to stand up to these trash talkers and push them out of our forum. They're not adding anything of value. If anything they're discouraging a genuinely good people and a good community from flourishing. There is a difference between being inclusive and enabling toxic people. Don't let these jerks manipulate you, shame you, or take away from the intent of this forum. It was created for us. This is our forum.

If you have opinions about vegans and vegan diets, but are unwilling to reconsider them, then go hang out with the the 97% of the world who agrees with you. Congratulate each other, pat yourselves on the back for being so clever. Just do it some other place but here. If you want to talk about the benefits of eating eggs, fish oil, or the wonders of Paleo diets, go to the health forum. Here is the link.
https://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/f...splay.php?f=71 Quit polluting our space with your odor.

And if you've read this far, thank you, but if you're one of those people who wants to argue against veganism, I don't care what you think.

Flexi-girl,
I am aware you have had some health issues this year.
These have been trying times for some.

As for the Vegetarian Forum, it has had this issue for a long time just like some of the other Forums have.

As for me, I became a vegetarian once. I felt great. Got my health back in order. and then I backslided.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-09-2020, 05:53 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I have noticed a lot of people coming in who want to debunk, argue and debate just about every topic not because they want to learn but because they just want to stir up the pot. And we let it happen because we're inclusive.

This is it exactly.

Quote:
We let these people bully us, manipulate us, trash talk our beliefs in our own spaces and bring down the over-all quality of this forum and over time the quality people get discouraged and go some place else. That's why the Strong Opinion section has is now mostly filled with conspiracy theory garbage.

Very true about Strong Opinions, that place doesn't even look like the same forum to me anymore. It's become so paranoid it's laughable.

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc
Old 06-09-2020, 06:07 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Flexi-Girl,

I'm so sorry for all the hurt that these people have caused. Of course, knowing one of them, he will think that he's the only logical, knowing, wise person That is the issue we are dealing with.
Thank you so much for your kind words. I do so appreciate it.

I think ignoring the trolls was once a good option, but I now feel we're at a point where ignoring is no longer an option. This place was Matt and Lynn's dream. It was meant to be our happy place, our refuge, and beautiful sanctuary.

In the past, I have been afraid to express my spiritual beliefs on this site out of fear of being ridiculed, and I've watched people I care about quietly fade away because they no longer felt welcomed in the place that was intended for them.

I think it's awful the way some people come here to shame and demean others in their own spaces. I feel like we are being treated like a battered spouse who puts up with abuse because we want so much to be kind and standing up to abuse feels unkind.

I feel we have to not only call these people out, but slam the door in their face. Even if we can not get them outright banned we can make them feel completely unwelcome.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:15 PM
Elfin

WELL SAID .. I APPLAUD YOU....
Old 06-09-2020, 06:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
WELL SAID .. I APPLAUD YOU....
Lady Elfin,
once more, well written words.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 06-09-2020, 08:19 PM
Experiencer

I am new to the site here in the way of participating. I am vegetarian and for 2 years (a long time ago) was fruitarian.

I hope the forum becomes the way frist envisioned as you say above.
Old 06-09-2020, 08:38 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
If you want to talk about the benefits of eating steaks, fish oil, or the wonders of Paleo diets, go to the health forum.

I think this is a great point, the appropriate place to advocate for various diets or to push a non veg/vegan food item is the Health Forum. It doesn't belong in here. Has nothing to do with vegetarianism or veganism.

https://youtu.be/1q-k1Ev8fVc

Last edited by Ciona : 06-09-2020 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:31 PM
janielee

Quote:
Thank you so much for your kind words. I do so appreciate it.

I think ignoring the trolls was once a good option, but I now feel we're at a point where ignoring is no longer an option. This place was Matt and Lynn's dream. It was meant to be our happy place, our refuge, and beautiful sanctuary.

In the past, I have been afraid to express my spiritual beliefs on this site out of fear of being ridiculed, and I've watched people I care about quietly fade away because they no longer felt welcomed in the place that was intended for them.

I think it's awful the way some people come here to shame and demean others in their own spaces. I feel like we are being treated like a battered spouse who puts up with abuse because we want so much to be kind and standing up to abuse feels unkind.

I feel we have to not only call these people out, but slam the door in their face. Even if we can not get them outright banned we can make them feel completely unwelcome.

I don't disagree with you. There is a difference between honest and respectful inquiry and trolling - which to me, includes insincere inquiry / stirring the pot / disinterest in learning and only intending to cause disruption.

It can be hard for moderators to weed out which is which, and often discussions are subtle.

I do not envy our staff here.

That said, I've always felt that a lot of the discussions have gone away because so many people use the report option. There is a need here to talk "respectfully", but like the people who come on here and challenge veganism and extol the virtues of eating meat, so long as they talk 'calmly' with their logic voice, they fly under the radar.

I have seen people here manipulate the moderation here by crying foul even though they use techniques to stir and test.

These are psychological techniques, I think Shivani Devi once called it gaslighting.

And those who speak up are often warned, canned or deleted. Conversations stopped. Then the subtle messengers remain. Who enjoys that? I can see why so many people have left. I can't thank the moderators enough for the hard work they do and it's a voluntary job - so how do they manage? What do we do?

Yes, perhaps it is up to us, but that poses the new issue of it becomes an argument and maybe the moderators will step in.

I don't know what the answer is, but yes, I see what you are saying, and I don't disagree. We can make this a lighter place perhaps - I know each of us is responsible, including me.

I felt the same way in the Buddhist forum where people who clearly had no idea of what it is, or were even interested in genuinely learning, come and make a mockery of it.

I think these people have issues, but as in all things, it affects others.

Anyway, whatever you do, I'm in agreement with you and Ciona on this one.

I agree that if someone wants to extol meat eating that they should go to another section of the forum.

One individual is the same person anyway. They should probably post on a separate Reddit stream anyway since it's just their way or the highway that they really want - and their agenda is conversion to their singular way of thinking, confirming only that which conforms to their individual mindset.

JL
Old 06-09-2020, 09:37 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciona

Very true about Strong Opinions, that place doesn't even look like the same forum to me anymore. It's become so paranoid it's laughable.

What's an eye opener for me is how many so called 'spiritually inclined' people subscribe to words of fear and paranoia.

JL
Closed Thread