Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 26-11-2020, 11:04 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaelyn
People have vastly different ideas about what the ego is or even what they are.
Thereagain there is significant agreement on what constitutes the ego. It's a question of what you want to focus on.
Old 26-11-2020, 11:18 AM
Administrator
Have to agree with that

Namaste
Old 26-11-2020, 06:48 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliorate
Thereagain there is significant agreement on what constitutes the ego. It's a question of what you want to focus on.

Like this definition:

The ego is a version of ourselves that is created by us passively accepting our arising
unconsciously produced thoughts as self produced, as of us or by us. Also "self" identified with,
to one projecting ego as self, is our conditioning, our past and "story," (interpretative memories)
and habits, beliefs, and opinions.

A different opinion as to what ego is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman
Your ego is what allows you to enjoy life as it is,
Ego keeps us grounded in reality; Ego allows us to discern truth from fiction,
The ego is to be cherished,
Old 27-11-2020, 05:38 AM
Master
Quote:

To some, ego is an abstract word we can use like a weapon to 'put others in their place'.

i.e. John's ego is getting the best of him.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 08-05-2023, 01:24 PM
Newbie ;)

I searched for Surrender in this forum as my thoughts are revolving around certain things from last couple of days.. "Let go".

Without we knowing about what we are holding or what certain things/many things to happen in certain way.. always 24*7, want things to happen in a way otherwise we feel restless. Want to come out of it and let go things. Tried to convince mind with different things to let go but everytime it is coming to the point of I/self.

So only solution is to Surrender without having I conscious.
Old 08-05-2023, 02:25 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
That's because people prefer their own definitions and don't want to know anything else. Which is a fine example of egoism. If you really want to understand the ego then you need to spend time with Freud or Jung. If you want the Spiritual version, then Ahamkara/Ahankara is the word. By the way, Jung was a scholar of Advaita Vedanta and translated' Ahankara and the Atman in the form of the self into what was to become psychology. From a Spiritual perspective there is no such thing as the ego. If you don't believe me, go find it.
Old 08-05-2023, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myuniversewithin
I searched for Surrender in this forum as my thoughts are revolving around certain things from last couple of days.. "Let go".
So only solution is to Surrender without having I conscious.
That is a tall order, imo, without discipline, determination, resolve, experience, effort, laser focus and most of all desire.

I believe in baby steps with everything...like a body builder increases weights.
My unsolicited input is take a small step, then a bigger one.
First step for me was to simply know who I was in the scheme of this creation.
Once I understood I was a creation of or child of God's...it was only logical to get that He adores me...so trust Him.
Or your point of logic could be - any Creator is way more powerful than I am - trust this Being.
Jesus said to...have no fear, do not worry, ask believe and receive and lots more.

Once you trust..(or experiment with trust)...it leads to the magic, the wonder of this Creator/Father /Over Soul...which leads to
more and more trust to eventual reliance.
Soon like a flower opening ...
your focus is on your Creator and the Divine Presence all around, naturally, (by any name or concept).

Where did the "I'' go!...where does it go when you are in love?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 08-05-2023, 05:08 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I believe in baby steps with everything...like a body builder increases weights.
My unsolicited input is take a small step, then a bigger one.

Yes, This is my experience also.
Also in my case it's not just One Big Surrender. I used to think so and berated myself every-time I found myself somehow lacking in my surrender.
These days whenever something needs surrendering its another small surrender, and another and another. And suddenly everything is surrendered in small but more importantly manageable increments.

With Love,
Eelco