Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old Yesterday, 12:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
It's very difficult my dear little Elfin, to keep secrets from you. The very name Elfin conjures up woods and oak trees swathed in ivy and glades dotted with wild mushrooms and those little fairy circles which appear when nature's secrets are exposed.
It has to be the spontaneity of your retorts, replies and ideas which make you such an appealing observer.
Yes, of course I know that I gave permission to be 'born' - I gave it to myself, it was me who after the initial spark completed my planned physical journey in the womb of my mother. We are continually present in this state or condition we call awareness.
And, yes, I do know that god doesn't want to be praised, 'he' would much prefer it if we all simply busied ourselves and polished our own doorsteps. We are here to help evolution turn chaos into order not to fell trees across the pathways.

I trust you are persevering with your acts of patience and that the air is clearing.

Calling me 'darling' is very naughty.
Hee hee.... Have you been spying on me in the woods??? .... How do you know me so well ??... Plus your beautiful lovely wife told me it's ok to call you "darling"... She knows that you truly are a darling... because she tells me.... But also you and I both know that no person from Hull allows fallen logs to get in their way... Or indeed allows logs to fall into the path of others ... We all journey along a path, the same path maybe, and others may veer off .... But that is never of my doing.... Sometimes I like to think I am at the end of the path to guide them back into the right one. But only time will tell ...!!!....
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
The planet is thickly dotted with places of worship of all kinds. A list of all such places would take up a couple of A4 pages. In my town of 20,000 people there are two main churches, very often even the smallest community has such a building.
The BBC has a programme 'Songs of Praise' on a Sunday - I always like to watch this half-hour I find it very uplifting although it's not something I would personally involve myself.
It does however disturb me that God wants to be praised - and for one very simple reason really.

I didn't ask to come here.

Why I should be plonked into life without my permission is a fundamental ignoring of any basic rights I may have had. Especially if the outcome at the end is a sojourn in a hell or heaven which I really don't need. Yes, I would have preferred to have been asked.

And there is another reason; What sort of ego does this entity we call God have? Why on earth should he want to be continually praised? Maybe of course he doesn't and we simply think he does. In spite of half of the world existing in poverty and hunger those we accept as religious leaders seem to think it's OK to grovel on one's knees and accept our lot - a lot which can vary (for some reason) from monarch to drain sweeper.

I'm not saying that I am unhappy with my lot - in fact the opposite would be true - but I would like to have the feeling that I had a say in the matter.
because my parents and grandparents told me too. Hahaha. Long story short for the majority.
To be honest I don't. I follow my heart and nothing else. Religion is just another political system handed down from generation to generation. I don't even bother asking anymore, because it always gets into my religion is right, if yours is not the same it's wrong. It's not my place to say who's right or wrong or to tell what someone else's beliefs should be. "Don't bother me, I won't bother you"