Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 07-11-2020, 02:27 AM
Whassup with Ancestral DNA?

My friend said she is dealing with depression and anxiety,
(gazing with Braco helps her). Ok.

So I say, What's this depression all about?

She says, Ancestral DNA.

I go, 'I know, I have Ancestral DNA that I am adorable, yet have a knack to draw idiots to me...
and pets that manipulate me.'

But really, Whassup with this Ancestral DNA?

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence" ~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru.

I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod.

Old 08-11-2020, 11:44 AM
Administrator
genetic ethnicity Is what comes to mind. its like doing your Family tree when you start looking into it you will find Many branches into people and places that you did'nt know about.
That's my interpretation anyway

Namaste
Old 28-11-2020, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
My friend said she is dealing with depression and anxiety,
(gazing with Braco helps her). Ok.

So I say, What's this depression all about?

She says, Ancestral DNA.

I go, 'I know, I have Ancestral DNA that I am adorable, yet have a knack to draw idiots to me...
and pets that manipulate me.'

But really, Whassup with this Ancestral DNA?

Hi Miss H! I've seen one very large family torn to bits by only one member getting an ancestral DNA test and then circulating the results to the entire family. Prior to the DNA test and subsequent results, everyone had great pride in their heritage from one specific region of the planet. After the DNA test revealed that the family originated at a far greater percentage from another part of the planet entirely, many members of the family started questioning their identity and their whole upbringing based on their former beliefs. Some even became angry and depressed.

I personally wouldn't take a DNA test. I just like the fact that I am a human being on this planet having a human experience and learning as I go. But learning about my heritage I feel just mucks up the works. Some things are best left unknown in my humble opinion.
Old 28-11-2020, 03:32 PM
Interesting, Blackraven, thanks.

"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...Meditate unceasingly,
that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence" ~~Lahiri Mahasaya, the guru of Yogananda's guru.

I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod.

Old 28-11-2020, 03:44 PM
Knower

My sister had already formed the framework of our family history of the maternal side over the last 200 years from declassified census returns and very old newspapers. Next she got the historic DNA done. The DNA as matched against the old paperwork threw up some discrepancies which I pointed out, and my remarks were not altogether welcome.

The two great-great grandparents were Irish and Scandinavian, identities confirmed from the marriage certificate. The family of the Scandinavian had been Swedish in the 18th century, had emigrated across the Baltic to Mecklenburg on the German coast, which was a Duchy until the time of Bismarck and so the gr/gr/grandfather was German as from 1848. This was not a popular revelation although I always felt that I had German blood, and a strong bond to the Germans, from somewhere.

Ah! they said, But the gr/gr/grandfather by the birth certificates and the census forms was English. And so the bloodline seemed to be Irish and English, but the documents may lie while the DNA cannot. I kept pointing it out - 25 per cent Scandinavian, and less than 10 percent British blood is insufficient blood for an Irish-English line of descent. There was only one way this can have been achieved. By agreement or deception, the Scandinavian had fathered a child by the Irish gr/gr/gr/gmother, (he married her later) the paternity had been falsely declared to the registrar which was how our English surname was obtained and that was the bloodline from him to ourselves. (My sisters do not have this feeling for the Germans which offers an intriguing possibility that your blood gives you different traces from your common past. One of my sisters looks very Scandinavian.)

During the Great War, my grandfather was called up at age 38. He "did not want to fight" and went into the Medical Corps. The family always whispered that he was a coward but a man who spent part of the Great War as a medic at the Front in France was no coward. He was closer to the distant past than they were and never spoke of his descent. It is my belief that he "did not want to fight against the Germans" but wouldn't explain why.

We had a problem with the historic DNA on technical grounds. I have the Germans in my past, my sisters feel certain there is French Huguenot. 25 per cent of the DNA is "Western European". This is probably from the area either side of the Rhine with much intermarriage and may be German or French or Belgian or Dutch, and so that section of the result can never be satisfactory.

I am pleased to know my historic DNA, for before I just had this "kink" of Germanness "and your rotten Germanic ways" as my mother called them as though I was some kind of family crank and now at least I know the reason.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:53 PM
Guide

people have dangerous prejudice against other nationalities, races and what not and building their own identity or the familys identity on something that then later show is not the entire "truth".

I personally think it is great - good to have prejudice torn down.

We're all human and that is the greatest truth of all :)

If they are giving her a hard time about it - they should look themselves in the mirror and let her be. I truly hope she will recover and be well from her depression. If she has spot a vulnerability-match for her depression in her reseach then maybe that too could be what she meant?