Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 18-11-2020, 06:47 PM
Guide

Why does the feeling return?

When I was a young child I would have the same nightmare over and over. That I was a grown female who died, could not breath and the circumstances around it. Think one of the last people I thought of as her was her family and her ex husband whom she at the time had a friendship with.

When I later in life happened to move about to the same area where she use to be I would begin to have unexplained flashbacks and finally after some years of this was told it was my past life.

The flashbacks would mostly be about the ex husband. Which I thought was strange. But it did not seem to be something I could do something about. It just was. I kind of got accustumed to it. I could get them fighting one minute, him giving her what I assume was her first kiss in another when she was young.

Later searched and found out that my memories were true.

I would remember the downfall of the marriage. What I did. They had struggled for years to try to make it work. They weren't bad people. They were just really different. He easily took over, talked, and pretty much ruled her from day one.

During the marriage I could feel her having a depression.

I think as long as she was afraid of her husband she could not relax and she could not love him the same. It was painful to watch because I could tell he really tried to make up for his temper. Think it was complicated. That it was stuff from his childhood. That it was the pressure of his career. He too drank.

I don't think she knew who she was. She look like he wanted her to look and so on. I don't think he was all to blame, I think it was just a bad combination of her being the way she was and he the way he was. She was too like me, very sensitive and anger was a difficult feeling for her to face from him. I just think it got to be an evil circle.

The end of the marriage shocked me when it came to me. She let another man kiss her and hold her in his arms, but she was not into him one bit. It felt as if she did this just so that her husband would let her go once and for all.

The shame rattles inside me and has done this ever since I was a teenager, at first I could not understand where it came from but then when I had this it made sense.

It comes in periods. I don't know why.

Do I still have these feelings because I have not been forgiven? Why do they come in periods? Anyone else had this and know why? I am so used to it now I know I just have to go through it once again, but it is no start or finish as I have been through it now, this bad feeling, a lot of times and know it will most likely return to me.

Last edited by asearcher : 18-11-2020 at 10:55 PM.
Old 20-11-2020, 02:18 PM
Knower

Wink

Hi,

maybe these feelings keep returning, because in daily life something still needs to be learned/experienced?

You ask if maybe you still need to be forgiven? By whom? What if you just need to forgive yourself?

About the over and over returning of certain feelings...sounds familiar. I have this with an enormous feeling of grief that i just not seem to overcome.
Tears started coming out of nowhere some years ago. During a course in counseling everytime i started talking about myself....and about wishes or something like that...as soon as i started a sentence with ´I....´ i started crying almost uncontrollably. I felt weird and also a little ashamed.
Years later through dreams and lots of other strange experiences i found out that i was possible one of twins. When realizing this i experienced emotions like i never had before...totally crazy...
During that time i also had a few regression sessions to find out more about this, but instead i entered a possible past life. In that life i had a husband (with an agressive drink). We had 2 daughters and i was pregnant. I already had had a little of this life in a dream years before. During regression my husband returned home drunk and agressive. There was sort of a room underground where he would take me when agressive and drunk. He took me there and then cut the baby out of belly. He took the baby with him into the woods and left me dying.

I (still do) found it hard to say if i believe in past lifes, but again i got so intensely emotional. During regression, while dead, i felt an enormous wish to someday be together with my baby (son). Then there was a connection with the small twin brother i lost still in utero.

Over and over again i get so emotional, remember a little thing and find peace. But then days, weeks or months later...i get totally overwhelmed again.

It´s hard to grasp...not with a rational mind.

I hope you find peace with it someday...or ´the´ answer or ´the´ solution!
Old 20-11-2020, 05:56 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisa
Hi,

maybe these feelings keep returning, because in daily life something still needs to be learned/experienced?

You ask if maybe you still need to be forgiven? By whom? What if you just need to forgive yourself?

About the over and over returning of certain feelings...sounds familiar. I have this with an enormous feeling of grief that i just not seem to overcome.
Tears started coming out of nowhere some years ago. During a course in counseling everytime i started talking about myself....and about wishes or something like that...as soon as i started a sentence with ´I....´ i started crying almost uncontrollably. I felt weird and also a little ashamed.
Years later through dreams and lots of other strange experiences i found out that i was possible one of twins. When realizing this i experienced emotions like i never had before...totally crazy...
During that time i also had a few regression sessions to find out more about this, but instead i entered a possible past life. In that life i had a husband (with an agressive drink). We had 2 daughters and i was pregnant. I already had had a little of this life in a dream years before. During regression my husband returned home drunk and agressive. There was sort of a room underground where he would take me when agressive and drunk. He took me there and then cut the baby out of belly. He took the baby with him into the woods and left me dying.

I (still do) found it hard to say if i believe in past lifes, but again i got so intensely emotional. During regression, while dead, i felt an enormous wish to someday be together with my baby (son). Then there was a connection with the small twin brother i lost still in utero.

Over and over again i get so emotional, remember a little thing and find peace. But then days, weeks or months later...i get totally overwhelmed again.

It´s hard to grasp...not with a rational mind.

I hope you find peace with it someday...or ´the´ answer or ´the´ solution!
Irisa, thank you so much for writing to me. Your story touches me so. The "I" was the grief that it was no longer "we". Anything to do with babies we are programmed to be devestated about if something goes wrong, especially our own I think, in our body. Your past life story is horrific. Just horrific.

I understand you very well when you write about it not being rational.

When I first had my first flashback of my past life child I was remembering how much I loved this child and I was so heartbroken, in a flash. At the time I was just a young teenager and it just could not be explained in terms to someone else who had not had that type of experience themselves.

I can compare only little in comparision to what you have been through. With the ex who drank he would too take me to another room away from anyone else. I think because the rest of the family or friends would get on the alert or get frighten. He wanted to talk to me alone. In private. I often felt as if I was afraid and I wanted it over as soon as possible so I could get out with the other people.

He would touch me a lot in the every day life together but sadly too when he was irritated or angry (something my current love does too and I have never understood it). I was a little woman in that past life and he was a tall and strong guy.

In lots of memories I am confused because he slips forth and back in what could be a violent act or not, it is as if it is both, like for one example he would hold her on the arms or upper shouldrers or her wrists and he would trap her in his arms from behind. His grip would get more and more tight. The more angry he got. Don't know if he knew that or not. It felt as if he was close to loosing control. I tried to maintan calm.

Lately with this feeling returning to me I have been given flashbacks, also under meditation as I tried to return to that to get some answers. Before it has always been in the dark. Especially one. We would scream at each other and that was nothing new but then he run after me and he does something to me and I cry after and so do he. Before I was never able to know if it was him or not. He cried with his hand over his face, out of shame. He had hit me right before. I did not know it was him before. I had memory of this before, but he was blank to me.

I think I have forgiven myself. I think I did that knowing that other man meant nothing to me, never did, and it was a stupid act and I did it out of desperation because me and my husband just kept going in a circle of unhappiness. I still loved my husband, but I was unhappy and I knew he was unhappy too but he was too proud of a man and family man to give up. You just did not give up. He was taught not too.

He was prone to jealousy and I think he had isolated me and had me under his thumb for years as precaution that I would not be unfaithful. (when searhing on him I later learn an ex had been unfaithful to him so this could be why he let me be punished for it?).

There was a manipulation in the mist of this and I had naively surrended everything so he would feel safe and trust me. I did not know that it was not really me who owned this problem, he did. he had to fix it inside himself for it to be gone. I think I lost hope and got tired as It was not getting better with the jealousy, so many rules, so much to think off, so many times he would demand answers and she had to go back and think what exactly did she do when she did not answe the phone. If she was living as if she already had been unfaithful and being punished and isolated because of it then may it just then happen and then be over with and for him to let her go. I too did not think he would hurt like he did and when she saw his expression it hit her hard on the inside. I think she had thought he loved his creation and not her but on his looks it was as if he had loved her.

I think I was envious of his life, or well, his freedom. He was a business man and a man of the 50's and 60's where he too had a rich social life and the line between work and that social life was blurred out. He was demanding things from me as his wife, a role to play. I simply lived his life. I had a mask on me that was his creation. She let him have all his freedom, his frients and his hobbies and so on. She was not jealous like he was.

I had been young when we married with little clue of who I really was, what I liked and so on. I thought love meant me pleasing him and looking like he wanted me to look and do as he said. I did not know I had just given away the most precious gift of all time - my free will. I had confused sacrifise with love. I was dying inside, depression. He thought that was my problem. I was someone very sensitive (like I am now). I think he tried to understand and improve himself and let me find myself but it was only to some degree, he could not handle it. I remember I would say I was sorry so much before and then something changed. I apologized for myself all the time in any conflict with him. I was afraid of him when he got angry like that, just did not want to go through it again. It was more easy to say I was sorry. this way I don't think I felt free to talk. And things were settled his way. I kept it inside.

When I did find him in real life, still old he would actually write that although he had accepted what she had done, he would never forgive her. So I have seen it, even in writing. Too that he lost all his respect for her. He never thought she would be able to do something like that. That is what I have seen in writing. My heart sank. It came up during the divorce processe. It was in writing that the divorce was still her idea. That he too felt punished by their church when it was not his wanting to get a divorce, but hers. In his world view he had been a good husband. he had provided for his family. He had not cheated. He did not deserve this. "You have nothing on me". He would not give her the divorce and said he was in no hurry to have it and to remary. So time just went by.

With his story they returned to each other for a period after her cheating, but this reunion did not last, and she was the one again to ask him if they could split. She was the only one asking. So it was always her fault. Because she was not strong enough to stay. He was disgusted. It was her fault the family got ruined, that kind of attitude. But truth to be told they were only together as parents, his old passion for her was gone and no wonder with the past events. It felt different. I felt it.

I suspect when he hit her it had been when it had all come back to him and he had been drinking. And she knew he could never get pass it even if she told him the truth of what had happened and that the man had not meant nothing to her.

Even in his final words about her I could read that he still loved her but he still was too bitter about her. Not love her like he use to when they had been married but still a kind of love. It would copy how I would remember that he would and could any time just throw it in her face, little bitter remarks, when she thought they were talking about a child, agreement. They were friends then, but still, when she died. I could remember when he suddenly would say something like that it would hurt her but she would be silence about it.

I would see him flaunt other women in her face when coming to leave or get a kiddo with him, I think it was done intentionally, and I think she just swallowed it, took it, and try to take it graciously.

It was as if his need to punish her for what happened was too in the divorce agreements I could follow it, it could be over tiny matters. The judge must have thought it was crazy.

Still he let his other ex wife and kids go without struggle, but with me he struggled and changed his mind and so on about a lot of things, and I signed.

Dont understand how the same man could be so diffeent in attitude towards his 2 ex wifes.

I guess my fear is that even if he has now gone to heaven that he has not forgiven me.

I so hope you can find peace with what has happened to you in that past life and in this one. If you could meditate maybe and ask to know if they are OK, their spirits and see that they are? And know too that you are not alone, they are still with you in the spirit world and may even have been reincarnated with you?

Have you noticed if you feeling this way comes around specific dates? I am trying to figure out if mine is doing that or not.

Last edited by asearcher : 20-11-2020 at 07:29 PM.
Old 21-11-2020, 12:06 AM
Knower

O wow, how special that you got to know so much about that life!

To me it feels like this man in your past life most of all didn´t know how to express love. He reminds me a little of my dad and how he talks to my mother. Already as a child i said to my mother that what he said in a hard way or loud tone in fact is him saying ´I love you, but i just don´t know how to express this to you...i really find this so hard to express.´

This last week i have been thinking on and of about love...real deep love, from the soul...unconditional love...I think for most people this is so hard to express or deal with...that it seems like it is easier to just ´live on the surface´ if you know what i mean.

Today i read some things on this forum about past lifes and thought about what i experienced through several dreams and (self) regression and came to a conclusion for myself. The few (possible) past lifes i remembered pieces of...in all i experienced the feeling of unconditional pure love for someone special or people in general. It didn´t matter who they were or what they did. And for some, even that agressive husband, i even ran to do everything to make their day. I just couldn´t hate him. Even after what he had done in the end...´he just wasn´t able to do things in another/better way´...

Today i suddenly ´recognized´ how i still am like that. Running for almost everyone, saying sorry for almost nothing, or even when the other is wrong and not me...it is still me saying sorry.

I just wrote some things in another section on the forum...about working in the ICU for years...and how my body now, for already 5 years, prevents me from working there any longer...I just wrote there that it feels like i have to find out right now who i am without having someone else to take care of. Looking at these few past lifes...about unconditional love...it is easy when i have someone to take care of, but right now i am somewhat alone (have friends and family) but i am struggeling with that love...mostly for myself...I think my purpose in this life to learn to find myself important as well...to really take care of myself with that unconditional love for myself...

Wow, sometimes you can have such a day where some pieces seem to fall in place.

About what you wrote about maybe someone incarnated close to me...hm, this brought a little tear in my eyes, because yes...i had this thought about my nephew. I have a niece as well and i love her as well, but have a whole other feeling about him...even sort of ´he is mine´...even while not seeing him that often.

And about them being around in spirit....a few months ago after i woke up in the morning i had a strange experience...i felt/saw how a woman left my body (out of my neck) and i instantly knew this was the woman i was in that past life...

It´s all very interesting...thanks for sharing your experiences!

Irisa
Old 21-11-2020, 10:59 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisa
O wow, how special that you got to know so much about that life!

To me it feels like this man in your past life most of all didn´t know how to express love. He reminds me a little of my dad and how he talks to my mother. Already as a child i said to my mother that what he said in a hard way or loud tone in fact is him saying ´I love you, but i just don´t know how to express this to you...i really find this so hard to express.´

This last week i have been thinking on and of about love...real deep love, from the soul...unconditional love...I think for most people this is so hard to express or deal with...that it seems like it is easier to just ´live on the surface´ if you know what i mean.

Today i read some things on this forum about past lifes and thought about what i experienced through several dreams and (self) regression and came to a conclusion for myself. The few (possible) past lifes i remembered pieces of...in all i experienced the feeling of unconditional pure love for someone special or people in general. It didn´t matter who they were or what they did. And for some, even that agressive husband, i even ran to do everything to make their day. I just couldn´t hate him. Even after what he had done in the end...´he just wasn´t able to do things in another/better way´...

Today i suddenly ´recognized´ how i still am like that. Running for almost everyone, saying sorry for almost nothing, or even when the other is wrong and not me...it is still me saying sorry.

I just wrote some things in another section on the forum...about working in the ICU for years...and how my body now, for already 5 years, prevents me from working there any longer...I just wrote there that it feels like i have to find out right now who i am without having someone else to take care of. Looking at these few past lifes...about unconditional love...it is easy when i have someone to take care of, but right now i am somewhat alone (have friends and family) but i am struggeling with that love...mostly for myself...I think my purpose in this life to learn to find myself important as well...to really take care of myself with that unconditional love for myself...

Wow, sometimes you can have such a day where some pieces seem to fall in place.

About what you wrote about maybe someone incarnated close to me...hm, this brought a little tear in my eyes, because yes...i had this thought about my nephew. I have a niece as well and i love her as well, but have a whole other feeling about him...even sort of ´he is mine´...even while not seeing him that often.

And about them being around in spirit....a few months ago after i woke up in the morning i had a strange experience...i felt/saw how a woman left my body (out of my neck) and i instantly knew this was the woman i was in that past life...

It´s all very interesting...thanks for sharing your experiences!

Irisa
Hi Irisa, thank you for your wise words.

Why I was able to put it all together is due to many years of flashbacks, meditation and then researching and seeing where the pieces of the puzzles fit into. Other than that it would be really hard for me to see the bigger picture. Thank you for finding it interesting and not be bored out of your mind.

I have not looked at it like that before. That he had trouble expressing love, I mean. He was someone who appeared fearless but in reality I have come to think now that he had so many fears that he thought he was entitled to push me down so he could control me and keep the fears out.

It is the same with me as with you - I too try to make life easier for my loved ones. I am working on not just becoming strong and defyant when protecting others but when it is matters that concern me too. To stand up for myself. Self love, like you say.

They way your husband behaved make me think he was in a psychosis. One can get into one if one has been drinking long enough. Not sure they knew that in the day when you lived. THerefor his perception of things were very wrong indeed. He could have thought you were not who you were and that he had to save the baby from you or you would kill it, that kind of thing. He wasn't in his right mind, that's for sure. I think your love for him was for who he really was, not what took over. For you to have lived so isolated with forest near by made you and the family even more vulnerable. Too I guess he was free to drink when ever he wanted without prying eyes. Think you have come a far way by your higher self being able to show you this, that you are ready to see it even if I understand it must be extremely shocking and painful. Usually I am protected one way or the other, I feel something bad but I can't go there.

I think I was fortunate with the ex in the end as he had stopped drinking and so much time had passed and we were supporting each other instead through bad times, but forgive me - still he never did :(

I have too noticed over time several of the people in my life now has been with me in my past lives too. It is so wonderful you have this feeling too :)

Last edited by asearcher : 21-11-2020 at 05:59 PM.