Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-05-2021, 12:33 PM
Greenslade, I enjoy/appreciate you mentioning the dream and the dreamer lately.
People don't, usually.
(At 8 yrs old I was given an experience where
I saw, "Omg, this is all a dream.!!" And more times later in life. No drugs!ha.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-05-2021, 12:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The perceived is the perceiver, and the perceiver is the dream that believes itself to be the dreamer of dreams. And that's both from Spiritual and psychological perspectives.

So where do you fit in then in this regard because you don't believe what you perceive let alone believe in the dreamer of dreams .

x daz x
Old 16-05-2021, 06:59 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Ego is a self expression so how can you therefore have just an expression without self expressing .
The ego is not a self expression, often what is being expressed comes from the unconscious not the ego.
Old 16-05-2021, 07:09 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Experiences of the mind that are self related is what happens from any field of experience be it materially or be it cosmically
The mind doesn't experience, Dazza, the unconscious does all the experiencing and what you become conscious of is 'filtered' through the ego. The conscious mind isn't even in the equation until you become conscious of what comes from your unconscious. When you burn your hand, for instance, it
s processed by the Limbic System or the so-called lizard brain. The same thing can happen in Spirituality when people's beliefs are challenged, it has nothing to do with mindfulness and everything to do with primal survival instincts.

I'm not trying to turn the tables, Dazza, I'm trying to point out that people like yourself, since you ignore the unconscious, aren't as mindful as they'd like to think they are. There can come a point where mindfulness is a status symbol for the ego come from ignorance.
Old 16-05-2021, 07:26 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Greenslade, I enjoy/appreciate you mentioning the dream and the dreamer lately.
People don't, usually.
(At 8 yrs old I was given an experience where
I saw, "Omg, this is all a dream.!!" And more times later in life. No drugs!ha.)
Thank you, Miss H

I've had a few experiences like that too, and it certainly shifts the whole perspective. I can't help wonder if more people could have that experience or realisation, how different these hallowed halls might be.
Old 16-05-2021, 08:17 AM
Master
Quote:
The ego is not a self expression, often what is being expressed comes from the unconscious not the ego.

Makes no sense to me mate at all . You express anger because you feel anger . The ego isn't expressing anger, you are . What you are angry about stems from what you think of yourself to be in reflection of what you're feeling anger towards .

There is nuffin unconscious about being conscious of being angry .

without self awareness there is no ego mate .

That is why I have said that you can't prise apart ego from self, but you keep doing it .

It's like self is the sun and the suns rays are the ego . You can't just have the suns rays without the sun and you can't divide one from the other .

What is the ego by itself lol . It doesn't exist unless you do, unless self does .

x daz x
Old 16-05-2021, 08:28 AM
Master
Quote:
The mind doesn't experience, Dazza, the unconscious does all the experiencing and what you become conscious of is 'filtered' through the ego. The conscious mind isn't even in the equation until you become conscious of what comes from your unconscious. When you burn your hand, for instance, it
s processed by the Limbic System or the so-called lizard brain. The same thing can happen in Spirituality when people's beliefs are challenged, it has nothing to do with mindfulness and everything to do with primal survival instincts.

I'm not trying to turn the tables, Dazza, I'm trying to point out that people like yourself, since you ignore the unconscious, aren't as mindful as they'd like to think they are. There can come a point where mindfulness is a status symbol for the ego come from ignorance.

I said experiences of the mind . I didn't imply that mind experiences .

I am aware of typing this reply to you . I am not unconsciously experiencing . I am fully conscious of what I am doing .

What is this unconscious thing that experiences? Again, makes no sense to me mate . Is this unconscious thing aware of experience? Is this unconscious thing an entity? A spirt, does it have self awareness?

What you are implying is that I can unconsciously walk down the street and I am not aware of that until my ego kicks in .

The lizard brain aspect doesn't mean that there isn't awareness of burning oneself hand as an experience and as a comparison for frost bite .

The brain aspect is irrelevant because the experience is had and is determined as that .

You don't need to know how your watch works in order to tell the time do you .

When a lion heads straight for you, you run as fast as you can in the opposite direction, it's that straightforward lol. There isn't the need to dissect the ego from the awareness of the lion because one believes that there is a self that requires to act upon the experience .

x daz x
Old 16-05-2021, 08:38 AM
Master
Quote:

I don't ignore the unconscious at all I am pointing out that one experiences what they do and they are conscious of it . What you are doing now is doing the exact same thing as I am doing . You are conscious of what you are doing and what you have experienced and then you compare what that is with other experiences had . You then conclude what you do .

I therefore know the difference between the ordinary mind experiences and cosmic / universal experiences .

I haven't proclaimed to be mindful of everything or being completely aware of everything, so there is no pretence coming from my neck of the woods .

I am pointing out differences within experiences had that relate to self, ego mind and beyond that .

When you speak about the ego, the unconscious, the conscious, the self, you are doing the exact same thing in regards to evaluating what you have .

You by your own admission don't even know who you are and yet it makes no sense like said before how you can speak on my behalf regarding what I know of myself in reflection of my experiences and realisations .

The cosmic consciousness experiences is just one example .

x daz x
Old 16-05-2021, 10:11 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Makes no sense to me mate at all . You express anger because you feel anger . The ego isn't expressing anger, you are . What you are angry about stems from what you think of yourself to be in reflection of what you're feeling anger towards .
Anger is an emotional response created by the unconscious.

And no I don't keep prising the ego and the self apart, the problem is that you don't know the difference and the relationship between them. You are not mindful of the self you are mindful of your ego, you can't be mindful of your self because you, by your own admission, ignore what is 90-95% of what your self comprises of.
Old 16-05-2021, 10:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Anger is an emotional response created by the unconscious.

The unconscious isn't a thing in itself is it . Tell me what experiences and creates emotion that is unconscious of what is happening .

You see, if I perceive a woman getting beaten up for examples sake I would get angry at that . The unconscious self isn't unconscious of what is happening is it .
The unconscious self isn't an entity that creates something from nothing . There has to be recognition that what one is perceiving would create a particular emotion . There has to be self conscious and self awareness of the experience had .

You can't put the emotion created before the experience . There is intuition had however that there is a feeling of something bad happening before it happens .

Quote:
And no I don't keep prising the ego and the self apart, the problem is that you don't know the difference and the relationship between them. You are not mindful of the self you are mindful of your ego, you can't be mindful of your self because you, by your own admission, ignore what is 90-95% of what your self comprises of.

You do mate, you earlier spoke about it was the ego and not the self, but you can't prise apart self from ego because the ego doesn't exist unto itself .

You speak about the ego based solely from a dude that made up a theory about it and by your own admission you don't believe it to be true .

Now when you start telling me how wrong I am and how I don't understand the relationship between them, then you really need to readdress your standing position because at present all you admit to is that you resonate with a theory . It certainly doesn't come across as just that at all .

You cannot be mindful of your ego and not self . Again all you're doing is dividing the two. You cannot divide up the sun from it's rays can you .

self is the sun and is also the rays, but the rays can be spoken of it terms of an expression or a reflection of self .

x daz x