Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 10-05-2021, 09:47 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
How I understood it was that the meaning behind everything and nothing tries to relate to the entirety of what you are that is everything that exists of the mindful universe to then the nothing with the absence of it .. but what remains is no more or less what you are .
x daz x
I doubt very much that anyone is in complete unity with the cosmos, we only know very little about our own little corner never mind the rest of it. It might feel cosmic but then you get the same consciousness form psychedelic drugs, and frankly people's own experiences are subjective anyway and relative to their own agendas. As far as I can make out there is no common ground with consciousness and few of the experts can agree on the starting point.

To try to explain my own subjective understanding, consciousness is both fundamental and emergent and it comes in 'layers'. We are/have consciousness and as we chat we become conscious of what's in each other's heads, and that consciousness it different to knowledge or understanding. Within that process I become conscious that there is another 'layer' above that which becomes conscious of the process by which I become conscious. The more I delve into that the more 'layers' appear, as if every 'layer' I become conscious of creates another 'layer' above. Consciousness also encompasses, so everything I become conscious of - the 'contents' if you like - becomes my consciousness itself.

Those 'layers' are 'above' perception, mindfulness and all the rest of it. So no, 'no thing' is there and as far as trying to understand it the mind perceives it as nothing, but that's the way the Western mind works. The mind works with 'objects' or 'things' because it needs something tangible to focus on - which is the understanding behind Spiritual demons, Gods and angels. The mind simply can't grasp a something that no thing yet is everything.

The problem with Spirituality is that there are no real frameworks of understanding, 'consciousness' sounds good and everybody wants one of those because it's a status symbol that ego ego seeks. The ego is the centre of the field of consciousness, NOT the self.
Old 13-05-2021, 07:11 PM
Master
Definitely merging to that sort of subconscious that has the subconscious of the me away from the I to the I’m ... has similar affects while reincarnation is in process—- as you pass from the I to the I’m to the I am has cubits left over from a central subconscious to the conscience...

Arabic first language (English)—- bear with me and please be patient)
Old 14-05-2021, 07:22 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
In my eyes, childhood experiences and all experiences are mindful . Again one needs to have common ground as to what mind is or refers too .
Beyond mindfulness there is no experience .
If there needs to be common ground, what is mindfulness? If you are unaware of the main factors in the creation of your experience is it still mindful, and what are you mindful of? Considering you are only conscious of 5-10% of your consciousness......

We always experience and any experience is processed by the unconscious, after that it's what we become conscious of and that is 'filtered' by the ego. Mindful doesn't always mean very much to begin with.
Old 14-05-2021, 06:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
If there needs to be common ground, what is mindfulness? If you are unaware of the main factors in the creation of your experience is it still mindful, and what are you mindful of? Considering you are only conscious of 5-10% of your consciousness......

We always experience and any experience is processed by the unconscious, after that it's what we become conscious of and that is 'filtered' by the ego. Mindful doesn't always mean very much to begin with.

Anything mindful is self related . It's that simples . self awareness of being present in reflection of the world .

This is why there is a big fat juicy difference between experience and knowing and concluding and realising stuff and what lies beyond that .

x daz x
Old 14-05-2021, 06:49 PM
Master
Quote:
I doubt very much that anyone is in complete unity with the cosmos, we only know very little about our own little corner never mind the rest of it. .

You don't have to take my word for it but it's true but it depends on what one references cosmic consciousness to being .

Some have asked me if I knew what everyone was thinking lol and if I knew every answer to every question, but it's not like that .

If you can imagine that one's self awareness expands beyond measure then one encompasses the awareness of the universe per se . That's why some refer to this as a universal mind experience .

Encompassing the entire mindful universe is in a way opening oneself up to what they are from a mindful perspective that brings forth a mindful realisation that one is the universe .

x daz x
Old 14-05-2021, 11:09 PM
Thank you neil, for all Padgett quotes.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-05-2021, 11:16 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Anything mindful is self related . It's that simples . self awareness of being present in reflection of the world .

This is why there is a big fat juicy difference between experience and knowing and concluding and realising stuff and what lies beyond that .

x daz x
But what is self? Because if the starting point is not self at all but ego then all you are aware of is ego and not self at all. If you don't really understand your self (as opposed to yourself AKA ego) then nothing else really counts for very much.
Old 15-05-2021, 11:21 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
You don't have to take my word for it but it's true but it depends on what one references cosmic consciousness to being .
Some have asked me if I knew what everyone was thinking lol and if I knew every answer to every question, but it's not like that .....
So you're mindful of what unconscious processes are busily at work creating what the term 'cosmic consciousness' means to you? Y'see Dazza, your unconscious is some 90-95% of your total consciousness so unless you know what's going on there, everything after that makes little sense.

The perceived is the perceiver, and the perceiver is the dream that believes itself to be the dreamer of dreams. And that's both from Spiritual and psychological perspectives.
Old 15-05-2021, 11:43 AM
Master
Quote:
But what is self? Because if the starting point is not self at all but ego then all you are aware of is ego and not self at all. If you don't really understand your self (as opposed to yourself AKA ego) then nothing else really counts for very much.
You cannot prise ego from self as I keep saying .
There isn't just an ego starting point .
Ego is a self expression so how can you therefore have just an expression without self expressing .
The starting point is always self related . self in expression, self in awareness etc etc .

x dazzle x

Last edited by God-Like : 15-05-2021 at 12:49 PM.
Old 15-05-2021, 11:50 AM
Master
Quote:
So you're mindful of what unconscious processes are busily at work creating what the term 'cosmic consciousness' means to you? Y'see Dazza, your unconscious is some 90-95% of your total consciousness so unless you know what's going on there, everything after that makes little sense.

The perceived is the perceiver, and the perceiver is the dream that believes itself to be the dreamer of dreams. And that's both from Spiritual and psychological perspectives.

But you see me old mucker, I can turn the tables and ask you the same regarding how you come to terms with what something means to you and then use that against you . That would however be counter productive .

When you experience fire and fire burns your hand, you have a direct experience of that . You don't need to know all the processes that has led one to experience what they have .

Jung can only work on the same fundamental principles as anyone else one experiences something and then concludes what that experience means to them .

Experiences of the mind that are self related is what happens from any field of experience be it materially or be it cosmically .

I am an advocate of comparisons needed in order to come to an understanding of what one is experiences .

Once one has the comparison of mind and no mind, self and no self then one can understand the differences and what those difference imply .

x dazzle x