Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 01-05-2021, 11:08 AM
hazada guess

Consciousness

Something that I would like the answer to..........When we pass away do we merge into the infinite consciousness or are we units of consciousness that keep the sense of I?
Old 01-05-2021, 11:56 AM
Master

sense of i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Something that I would like the answer to..........When we pass away do we merge into the infinite consciousness or are we units of consciousness that keep the sense of I?

Sense of I is attached to your memory of your experiences / decisions / preferences / conclusions etc which is stored in brain cells which gets destroyed with the body . So all gross memories will be gone. However soul-defining attributes like bravery , benevolence , just , fairness , compassion etc are still attached to your consciousness and still remains with you .
Old 01-05-2021, 04:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Sense of I is attached to your memory of your experiences / decisions / preferences / conclusions etc which is stored in brain cells which gets destroyed with the body . So all gross memories will be gone. However soul-defining attributes like bravery , benevolence , just , fairness , compassion etc are still attached to your consciousness and still remains with you .
Memory is not lost, it cannot be. Memory remains attached. Do most believe it is not? The perspective of the other form is what is trying to be explained. The unit of consciousness in form. I think as we expand on it we must get over the fear of loss. Spirit will feel entirely different to be sure but remember. The unit will examine it.
Old 01-05-2021, 07:41 PM
Master

beliefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Memory is not lost, it cannot be. Memory remains attached. Do most believe it is not? The perspective of the other form is what is trying to be explained. The unit of consciousness in form. I think as we expand on it we must get over the fear of loss. Spirit will feel entirely different to be sure but remember. The unit will examine it.

If the unit of consciousness gets a new form, it gets all spiritual attributes of the previous form . But the gross / minute details of the last form in new forms are not available in almost all cases .

If you dont believe that unit consciousness gets a new form after death , that's ok and I respect that .
Old 01-05-2021, 10:29 PM
Master

Quote:
Memory is not lost, it cannot be.

I'm with lemex. I don't believe that memories are gone. Memories are the records of life.
Old 01-05-2021, 11:00 PM
Master
Quote:

EXCERT:

Memory is not lost, it cannot be. Memory remains attached.

What is the oldest memory you can remember in this life time?

In Kindergarten, did you give the other kids in your class a Christmas card?

What presents did you get for your Birthday when you were 9?

What was the first book you ever read? can you recall what the 3rd sentence on page 34 of that book said?

For me, memories fade and for the most part, are gone..........

And then there are past lives....... why is it some people need help recalling only a small fraction of a past life?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 02-05-2021, 05:14 PM
Master

[quote=BigJohn]What is the oldest memory you can remember in this life time?
In Kindergarten, did you give the other kids in your class a Christmas card?
/quote]Yes forgetting seems to be what happens but I am not talking about the physical process of remembering, but also spiritual remembering. I am speaking of I. Who is the I forgetting, that would be the body. But there is more then body. The thing is we are using form that does not exist in spirit, body. I think the point about forgetting old memories certainly valid but that point doesn't apply to current ones. So I would always use known ones. Would the same happen, forgetting so soon. I say this because the body isn't the (only) observer. Where I differ about remembering of spirit in terms of spirit, in that it has seen and will see and remember but not experience it the same. The meaning will be different. My own experience here has shown me body creates and changes experience and I still remember previous experience though it is not the same experience. So I wonder if there is fear about remember. Two different observations even now.

I'm saying body and spirit won't see the same thing or have the same feeling about the experience even if soul remembers. This being because there are certain characteristics I hold about soul others do not hold, and I include consciousness without body realizing it cannot be comprehended until such time as there is no body and there is clarity. I don't think spirit who observed it will deny it happened. The spirit will understand what the body does and at a totally different level.

What I may feel guilty about, spirit will not if that's the fear. Consciousness isn't about the body, it is non local, and dimensional, not simply one form but are almost trinity like in a way, existing simultaneously. I am very interested to see what soul sees. I know soul is always represented in a positive way and light but is the perspective of the body. I am sure if we don't remember, God will play it back for us. There will be a record. Still I think what has been learned and understood here is taken back with us. I think spirit will understand in completely different ways.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:33 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Consciousness is certainly non-local and whether memory is or not is moot, but the leaning is towards the brain being access/retrieval rather than storage. Memories are also a part of your consciousness.
Old 02-05-2021, 11:59 AM
Master

memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Consciousness is certainly non-local and whether memory is or not is moot, but the leaning is towards the brain being access/retrieval rather than storage. Memories are also a part of your consciousness.

U may consider following points and review your conclusions .

1. Access and retrieval can never be there without storage. Storage has to be there.
2. Now moot question is where is the storage ? in consciousness or brain cells. You can consider memory loss for people aging or having alziemer disease . If it would have be attached to consciousness , it should have been powerful even when u age. If retrieval /access works after death , why it does not work when aging or having alziemer disease .

Though I dont have any experience of mediumship , I do recognize that mediums talking to spirits may have their experience of some spirits memory .
Old 02-05-2021, 12:45 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
U may consider following points and review your conclusions .

1. Access and retrieval can never be there without storage. Storage has to be there.
2. Now moot question is where is the storage ? in consciousness or brain cells. You can consider memory loss for people aging or having alziemer disease . If it would have be attached to consciousness , it should have been powerful even when u age. If retrieval /access works after death , why it does not work when aging or having alziemer disease .

Though I dont have any experience of mediumship , I do recognize that mediums talking to spirits may have their experience of some spirits memory .
Talking about reviewing..
1. I didn't say storage wasn't there, obviously the brain can't retrieve if there is no storage. What that means is that the storage is non-local, as in not inside our heads.

2. If the storage is in braincells then it's local, but memory is non-local. If memories were local they would die with the brain and that's not he case, because any medium will tell you that people in Spirit can remember. Consciousness is epiphenomenal and therefore nothing to do with braincells.

In cases like Alzheimer's and dementia - my mother has advanced dementia - the memories are still there, because often people can recall the memories one day and not be able to the next, or have moments of complete lucidity as though their ailments never existed. It has to do with the brain's ability to access memories, and in cases of Alzheimer's, dementia, strokes and the like the abilities of the brain are compromised. So obviously if the brain is access/retrieval to/from a non-local memory storage is compromised then the memories may not be stored or retrieved.