Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 21-05-2016, 07:48 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsol
Thanks Eyeland! 😀 These were all done with Liquitex acrylics.
Water Spiders was inspired by a photo a professional artist friend of mine took (John Alexander). If you like the painting, the photo will really mesmerize you - as it does me! (see link below).

http://www.artdatapro.com/artdatapro...iders18650.jpg

Do you paint?
Thank you for the reply !
Years ago i tried my hand at painting, back then i used oil colors and i created some very amateur stuff which i still love as art is an expression of the soul, i care more about this than technical excellence.
Recently i got into art again, this time painting fantasy miniatures. It may seem not that "artsy" for some, but for me it combined 2 of my greatest loves, art and fantasy so i greatly enjoy it. I try to understand better how acrylics work because i just love the vibrant colors.
The photo in the link is truly amazing, thank you so much for sharing this ! Tranquil deep waters with lively ripples making them even more interesting....one could symbolize Life itself with this particular photo eh ? Our temporary material existence nothing more (and nothing less) than ripples on the surface of the one ocean. Travelling its length, interacting to create so itneresting patterns, fading away to transform to new ones. And so much depth below this. Truly beautiful artwork, once again thank you !
Old 21-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Suspended

I love your "Water Spiders" painting (Blue is my favorite color )
Old 21-05-2016, 09:52 PM
Administrator
These paintings are beautiful you have a talent for capturing people and places.

Namaste
Old 21-05-2016, 11:41 PM
Gracey

soulful...........
Old 24-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Master
I have a good friend who looks like Sylvie. Lovely, lovely works!
Old 24-05-2016, 02:18 PM
Knower
Thank you for the kind comments! Sylvie is my 9 year old daughter. Wish I could paint hair better - still learning.

Eyeland, are you familiar with the online community Wet Canvas? It is a board for painters of all kinds and skill levels - have seen some amazing art work with miniatures shared there. I can see how satisfying finishing one might be - so much detail! Your impression of the photo is similar to mine. Perhaps we have a similar way of seeing things; everythjng has layers upon layers.
Old 24-05-2016, 03:34 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Thank you for the kind comments! Sylvie is my 9 year old daughter. Wish I could paint hair better - still learning.

Eyeland, are you familiar with the online community Wet Canvas? It is a board for painters of all kinds and skill levels - have seen some amazing art work with miniatures shared there. I can see how satisfying finishing one might be - so much detail! Your impression of the photo is similar to mine. Perhaps we have a similar way of seeing things; everythjng has layers upon layers.
Thank you, i didn't know about this community i'll google it ! :)
Yes perhaps our perception of the Cosmos is similar indeed, everything having many layers, and what an adventure it is to dig deep and watch it all unfold one step at a time as our understanding deepens.
Indeed, some miniatures are crammed with detail, it can be intimidating to know a painter has to skillfully make it all stand out but still minding the overall color balance. After many frustrating first attempts it becomes very satisfactory indeed ! :)
Old 24-05-2016, 06:52 PM
Master
Quote:

Sylvie is a little beauty! I love the highlights in her hair.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:52 AM
Deactivated Account
Delsol I am curious - on average, how many hours of work would you say you invest in your paintings? I understand you likely don't keep track of this and that it would vary from painting to painting..... Just a rough guestimate will suffice... Thanks....

Old 09-06-2016, 03:00 PM
Knower
I like Babaji's eyes. I have a feeling like he is looking right through me.

Beautiful work.