Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 21-09-2006, 10:12 PM
Deactivated Account
any spiritualists here??

just wodered and what 'got you into it' for want of a better phrase,were you brought up with it or are you just discovering it??
Old 21-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Knower
Hi daisy... I'm a Spiritualist; in fact I've been to a Spiritualist service this very evening!

My grandfather, who I never knew in the physical, was a Spiritualist, so I had always been vaguely aware of Spiritualism and what it was about. He, my grandfather, got into it after his son (my uncle) was shot down and killed in the war. Apparently there was good communication between them through various mediums.

Anyway, about three years ago I started feeling that "things were happening" on the spiritual front so I started going to the local Spiritualist church. I was beginning to feel more sensitive, more empathetic and began thinking more about the universe and how I fitted into it.

Strangely enough, only within the last few days I've decided to start sitting in a circle to really try and develop whatever abilities I might have. Up till now I've often been able to sense spirit, but can't make out who it is or what they might be trying to say. About 18 months ago I did Reiki level one, and I think that has awakened things on the energy front too, and I'm now considering doing level two.

I often natter away to my spirit friends whenever I feel that they're around, even though I can't hear what they're saying in reply. They probably think I'm barmy!

How about you daisy, what's your take on it all?

Love and Light,
Jeremy
Old 06-10-2010, 10:01 AM
xxSaffronxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy67
in fact I've been to a Spiritualist service this very evening!

Hi jeremy

I am considering going to my local spiritualist church, but im a little worried. Please could you give me some insight as to what happens there?
Old 24-09-2006, 11:16 PM
Deactivated Account
hiya jeremy, i just didn't know where else to go really, good on you for joining a circle by the way, let me know how you get on, it's good to talk as they say, they do hear us. it's the only religion that 'makes sense' to me if you know what i mean, daisy
Old 25-09-2006, 11:08 AM
psychic sue

I'm a spiritualist too - although I practice in my own way. I wrote an article and made a diary about my beliefs for BBC Faith website - have a look if you get a chance and are interested.

I used to sit in circle but don't at the moment. Looking for a closed circle - there doesn't seem to be one around here.

Nice to meet others of the same thinking!

Sue x
Old 10-01-2007, 10:56 PM
spiritalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychic sue
I'm a spiritualist too - although I practice in my own way. I wrote an article and made a diary about my beliefs for BBC Faith website - have a look if you get a chance and are interested.

I used to sit in circle but don't at the moment. Looking for a closed circle - there doesn't seem to be one around here.

Nice to meet others of the same thinking!

Sue x

While you may not follow Spiritualism as such, they do welcome people to their circles. It might be a source to find some spiritually minded people. Just a thought...

God bless, J
Old 27-09-2011, 07:34 AM
mattie

Link??

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychic sue
... I wrote an article and made a diary about my beliefs for BBC Faith website - have a look if you get a chance and are interested.

The link would be useful.
Old 26-09-2006, 12:50 AM
Deactivated Account
hiya sue it's very difficult to find a closed circle they tend to be kept quiet for some reason don't they? might just pop in and look at that, and it is good to meet like minded people
Old 26-09-2006, 01:06 AM
mikron

I think its great to be in a circle to share insights as to the whole world being a better place to live ! I have many groups I am part of locally and I am a dj on FM radio in new england USA on sunday mornings where we discuss ascension realted topics !

Namaste mikron
Old 26-09-2006, 05:26 AM
psychic sue

Yes, I have been in a couple of closed circles before (many years ago) but I think you have to wait to be invited. I have got a new friend who is an accomplished medium so perhaps I can sneak a bit of training from him, hee hee.

Sue x