Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-05-2019, 07:11 PM
Knower
He may be dealing with common anxiety, anxiety he picked from you and his social environment. We are all imprinted with feelings from early childhood. If his anxiety is strongly affecting his thinking and well being, then a Therapist can help him work through it.
Old 05-05-2019, 11:47 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
My son has expressed the logic side, as he describes himself as “Spock like”. At times he is frustrated we are not all like Spock. He usually describes his anxiety with people as his brain trying to predict all of the possible behaviors of everyone in the room. That is why the “feeling everyone” discussion and the word “empath” was a bit surprising. I appreciate the perspective of the gentlemen in the room and you as a father.
Since he's good at the visuals and he's a Trekkie, you can use that to work for you. Spock wouldn't become frustrated because Vulcans are logic-driven and keep a tight rein on their emotions. If he's going to use Spock as a role model, there's no reason you can't use his role models to your advantage.

"Humans are illogical, therefore it would be illogical to think that they can think logically."
Spock
First Officer, USS Enterprise.

What's the logic of trying to predict all the behaviours of all the people in the room when humans are illogical and driven by emotions? That's not very Spock-like, is it? From there you can talk about what Spock might do if his emotions are rising, or he's doing something that he'd consider as illogical.

I think the main thing to do for you is treat everything as real, because whatever is in his mind is real to him. What you'll also probably find is that what he's expressing is what's going on in his mind, often the mind can personify what's happening inside it. For instance demons are the common one and they can denote a mental health issue or a buried trauma. Spock-like can be and expression of the mind to bring some kind of logic or reason to what sounds like is a bit of a maelstrom in his head. The predicting of the human behaviours is a curious one but it means something to him, and perhaps it might be worth talking to him about it. What that will do is show him that it's OK to be the way he is, if his self-esteem and self-image are not what they could be. Bear in mind that more than likely what he tells you will be symbolic so it'll need a little interpretation.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:05 AM
Master

I would suggest saying little and setting a shining example by sharing your experiences when the subject comes up.

This forum can be a bit rough for someone so young. But discuss it with him. Explain the pros and cons and fill him with all the warnings. And let him decide.

Pray/talk to whatever you believe in asking for divine guidance for him. For opening of appropriate doors. A little help and support from the other side never hurts.

Leading into discussions, answering questions only when he opens the subject.

I have one prayer and one prayer only for my children and grandchildren.

"Please help keep them on their path." By that I mean whatever their blue print/life plan is for this incarnation; let them not be diverted or distracted.

As much as we want to protect them and keep them safe, that isn't the reason they are here. They are hear to learn.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:23 AM
Master
Much appreciated

Quote:
I have one prayer and one prayer only for my children and grandchildren. "Please help keep them on their path."
Linen53 thank you for all of your ideas! I like your prayer. Something to incorporate into my morning routine.

Quote:
I think the main thing to do for you is treat everything as real, because whatever is in his mind is real to him. What you'll also probably find is that what he's expressing is what's going on in his mind, often the mind can personify what's happening inside it.

Greenslade, You make a very good point! I will keep this in mind!

The predicting is a thing he does when he is around people and the more people, the more he tries to predict. He dislikes the randomness of people.

Quote:
Little Creek77 He may be dealing with common anxiety, anxiety he picked from you and his social environment. We are all imprinted with feelings from early childhood. If his anxiety is strongly affecting his thinking and well being, then a Therapist can help him work through it.

Little Creek77, Yes, this is always on our radar! He has many amazing professionals in his life! Thank you for the reminder.

Quote:
All of us are able to talk with our higher self and the higher self of those we love. You can call it praying if that is your inclination. The thing to ask for are insights from the divine on the best ways to encourage you son. Knowing that you are doing your best in that respect will help you.

John, I had not thought of this. I will look for more guidance.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Greenslade, You make a very good point! I will keep this in mind!
Thank you. I used to work in mental health so I can appreciate what you're going through, it's a pretty horrible feeling when you can see what someone is going through and feel so helpless. You can wipe a snotty nose or a fevered brow, but when it's inside their heads it's a very different story.

If his mind is chaotic - which it most likely is - he'll naturally seek order. The mind's default is usually peace and calmness and when anything appears as a threat to that the mind will try and counteract it - this is where most Spiritual people won't talk about much else but Spirituality. Being Spock-like is his mind's way of bringing order to bear, and if you reinforce his image of Spock you'll help create order and logic in his mind. The randomness of people is how he sees his mind and the predicting is also trying to bring order and calmness, because our outer worlds are reflections of our inner worlds.

You could also try a small Zen garden, something the size of a seed tray would do. Play sand, plastic tree, beach rake....

Don't forget the emergent Spirituality, because there's likely more here than you could imagine. It takes a brave Soul to agree to such an experience as his, and it takes just as much of a brave Soul to be there when he goes through it. This is the Spirituality the Ascended Masters didn't talk about. When you see this whole situation from a Spiritual perspective it doesn't make it go away but it brings a far deeper understanding, and it can give you some strength and comfort.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:44 PM
Master
Greenslade,
Old 07-05-2019, 12:14 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Greenslade,
You knew of that already, Lady of the Morning Mist.
Old 16-10-2019, 02:54 AM
Master
Just a simple update.

I ran to keep up with my son this summer. just how it should be. He had been researching and through all the many miles we traveled, there were a million words spoken and a thousand ideas expressed and So many feelings felt. It was humbling to watch him sort it out!

He is at University now and we are back to the phone calls in the middle of one of our nights. The word the week that came into laser focus, intuition.

So amazing!

Thank you all for offering your perspectives and hope.
Old 16-10-2019, 04:10 AM
janielee

Thanks for the update Anala Great to hear things are going well. Many blessings to you and your loved ones.

Namaste
Jl
Old 29-09-2020, 01:02 AM
Experiencer

What a wonderful group (including Anala) - I am touched.