Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 24-10-2020, 04:51 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Last night I decided to meditate before sleep using some sort of a meditative music that was related with chakra activation. I woke up later in the night feeling completely disconnected from my body, as if my body was not my body, as if I was seeing myself outside of myself. That was really scarry, you can't imagine how scary this was, you have to experience it.

I have from the experience I believe you are undergoing, not just under the polarity that you are speaking of. Roller coasters are interesting in that the more we ride it - the less scary it seems. The first time you jump off the plane, it is a incredible experience, and quite scary and thrilling at the same time. The more and more you do it however, the less power it seems to hold on you, until it all goes away.

Some people actually seek out those experiences because they are like a fine wine. Much like sexual energy, or fasting, the less you do it, the more empowered the experience will be when you finally do undergo it. Cherish your experience. Don't forget the theme of Halloween, we seek out fear on purpose - to be afraid on purpose, because it is fun.
Old 24-10-2020, 05:44 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
janielee,

In regards to fear:

"“What is love?”; “The total absence of fear,” said the Master; “What is it we fear?”; “Love,” said the Master.” Anthony DeMello

I only mention this because at one time I felt I was on the brink of a certain spiritual experience. Fear did not permit me to take the step at that time. When I seriously took up meditation there were fundamentalists that warned about some danger of subjecting onesself to evil spirits. By that time I was comfortable that the unknown was the most likely place for God. Perhaps all these things have already been considered.....if so just ignore this.

Thanks Molearner
I can imagine that many / most cannot get past the fear / belief barrier of the mind
Not saying that I can, but I can imagine most can't even see it objectively enough. Or maybe I'm wrong