Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 25-12-2020, 02:10 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
There are no such things as "genuine mediums". An individual is either a medium or is not.

I never claimed this wasn't the case (albeit I don't believe it's as simple as you suggest).

I used the word "genuine" to differentiate between those who have mediumship ability from those who are in name only.

Quote:
That's almost right - some people can discern spirits.

That's your opinion. I believe all people can discern spirits, but not everyone does.

Quote:
Psychic reading can only be as good as the individual doing that reading.
Stating the obvious for conversation's sake is socially awkward.

Quote:
Psychics -'psychic mediums' - read the individual psychically. How well they do that will vary for a number of reasons.

I know.

Quote:
Mediums don't predict - psychics may try. Browne's so-called 2020 pandemic prediction was actually a section from her novel ie taken from a work of fiction.

You're entitled to your opinion. Some people believe she was a genuine psychic medium. ;)

My OP wasn't addressed to you and yet you feel so inclined to butt in. I would appreciate it if you heeded Native Spirit's advice to us all to stay on topic.

Thanks

sf
Old 25-12-2020, 03:23 AM
Master
For me a person who can pick up etheric impressions from others,is not a medium.
Empaths sensitives and psychics can do it as well.
This is a psychic ability and not mediumship.
Old 25-12-2020, 06:48 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulforce

You're entitled to your opinion. Some people believe she was a genuine psychic medium. ;)

And I made no reference to what she is or isn't. Only that her so-called prediction came from a novel, a work of fiction.

Quote:
My OP wasn't addressed to you and yet you feel so inclined to butt in.
This is an open forum. Anyone can respond to any posting. No-one gets to choose who can, or can't reply.
Quote:
I would appreciate it if you heeded Native Spirit's advice to us all to stay on topic.

The thread title is "Are All Psychics and Mediums Frauds?" I'm totally on-topic I reckon.
Old 25-12-2020, 06:49 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
For me a person who can pick up etheric impressions from others,is not a medium.
Empaths sensitives and psychics can do it as well.
This is a psychic ability and not mediumship.

absolutely
Old 25-12-2020, 07:20 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I never claimed this wasn't the case (albeit I don't believe it's as simple as you suggest).
I totally accept your belief.
Quote:
That's your opinion. I believe all people can discern spirits, but not everyone does.
It's demonstrably the case that some people discern spirits but it's your belief not everyone does - OK.
Old 25-12-2020, 09:03 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
And I made no reference to what she is or isn't. Only that her so-called prediction came from a novel, a work of fiction.
Claiming someone's novel is "a work of fiction" suggests that she wasn't who she claimed to be. Sylvia believed her book contained predictions about the future.
Quote:
This is an open forum. Anyone can respond to any posting. No-one gets to choose who can, or can't reply.
This isn't an open forum. There are rules against debating or bating someone to a debate which is outlined in the Spiritual Forum Rules thread under the Faq: vBulletin board.
My only intent was to provide a perspective on the question because she asked for it.
Then you to the opportunity to "educate me" on how I should express myself which is irrelevant to my point.
If you feel so entitled to act inconsiderately to others then I'm asking you to ignore my posts.
Quote:
The thread title is "Are All Psychics and Mediums Frauds?" I'm totally on-topic I reckon.
You reckon wrong then. The topic was asking what you believed on the subject, not "correct" what others feel on the topic.
Quote:
I totally accept your belief.
Good. And I accept yours.
Quote:
It's demonstrably the case that some people discern spirits but it's your belief not everyone does - OK.
It is in your opinion there is "demonstrable" evidence to make a claim that only some can discern spirits. It is my belief based on my experiences that everyone can discern spirits.
Old 25-12-2020, 09:47 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
This isn't an open forum. There are rules against debating or bating someone to a debate
which is outlined in the Spiritual Forum Rules thread under the Faq: vBulletin board.
Thank you.

I will take this opportunity to say:
When in doubt be kind. "" This is not a kind emoji.
There are sensitive, lost and depressed people posting here.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-12-2020, 07:45 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
No not all mediums and psychics are Frauds. i am a genuine person I am also a medium and i am psychic. i have been doing readings virtually all my life.
seeing a bad psychic gives us good genuine ones a bad Name.

Namaste

Amen! Its rage inducing. These frauds are not only stealing money from people, but any chance at building a TRUST in legit psychics such as yourself and many of us on this forum.

Its like those stupid horoscopes they keep farting out in every gossip rag. Then people base their entire opinion of astrology on those things. To be fair..some of these "astrolgers" at least extend the effort and sometimes seem like they know what they are saying. But all in all..I've had like 50 career advancements, an army of husbands, lovers and secret admirers. Not to mention the financial rewards. Just wow..

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."

~ Albert Einstein &/or Bob Samples

"However rare true love may be, it is less so than true friendship."

~ Albert Einstein

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

~Thomas Jefferson
______

EXISTENCE IS PAIN
______

Old 25-12-2020, 08:29 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Thank you.

I will take this opportunity to say:
When in doubt be kind. "" This is not a kind emoji.
There are sensitive, lost and depressed people posting here.

Oh dear - am I in trouble then?
Old 25-12-2020, 08:32 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Claiming someone's novel is "a work of fiction" suggests that she wasn't who she claimed to be. Sylvia believed her book contained predictions about the future.
This isn't an open forum. There are rules against debating or bating someone to a debate which is outlined in the Spiritual Forum Rules thread under the Faq: vBulletin board.
My only intent was to provide a perspective on the question because she asked for it.
I fear I'll be reprimanded if I say anything so I'll remain stumm.