Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 22-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Wisa'ka

Trills, Croaks and Chirps

Today, the first day of Autumn, yet everything is still green here by Beaverdam Creek. There’s a hint of coolness in the air, but outside our window we can hear the chirping of a small cricket frog down at the stream. Probably a farewell song before he and all his kind find places to burrow for their long cool season sleep. My older brother who taught me much of my woodcraft told me once while we listened to the spring peepers sing, that if ever a time came when these trills, croaks and chirps could no longer be heard in the forest, fields or by the water, our time as humans on this earth are numbered. The same conditions that allow us life are the same for amphibians.

Here in the area I live there is a wide variety of frogs, toads and salamanders. Some of their songs are heard as early as late Winter and continue into early Autumn. As there are people from all over the world posting at SF, I wonder if some also see and hear these small creatures near their homes, or even take notice of them.

I’ll post some pictures of various species that reside near my home.

Gray Tree Frog

Cricket Frog

Barking Tree Frog
Old 22-09-2012, 01:58 PM
Administrator
The frogs near your home are beautiful colors the only ones we get are the dark green ones i have a pond in the back yard there are plenty of them in there toads too

Namaste
Old 22-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
The frogs near your home are beautiful colors the only ones we get are the dark green ones i have a pond in the back yard there are plenty of them in there toads too

Namaste

Frogs, some primitive people see them as symbols of fertility

Big Medicine of Spring -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzwpRjaz8pw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QhHB6_8SQU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdkZTPVlRIU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGeDWb7O5wE
Old 22-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Master

A lovely post, Wisa'ka.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 22-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
A lovely post, Wisa'ka.

Well thank you Knight

A tiger salamander.

America's largest land salamander, the tiger grows over 14". I've only seen one in my life while hunting morels
Old 22-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Master

Well, it is (a lovely post). We may have ...disagreed, on that other thread, but a point of light issue, nothing personal.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 22-09-2012, 11:02 PM
glenos

Great post.
Old 22-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Well, it is (a lovely post). We may have ...disagreed, on that other thread, but a point of light issue, nothing personal.

We breathe, our hearts beat, some of us are like hawks while others are like finches. Our lives, loves, passions are uniquely different, but all the while we spread tail feathers and issue calls. There is enough space for both. We are naught but animals like our wild kin.

A hellbender, America's largest aquatic salamander. There are some in the Appalachian rivers. They can grow to around 2' long.

Old 23-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Ascender
Just seen this thread. Delightful pictures, Wisa'ka. One shouldn't have favourites, perhaps, but I love that tiger salamander! Got any more photos?

Thank you for posting.