Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 13-09-2012, 10:50 PM
purple light

green with envy ??

hi .. I have often wondered about curses if people are so bad inside with jealousy and if people we meet or even know can really send or even put a curse on us I and my family seem to have been sent one and at times I really find we have no luck at all and if we try to prosper there seems to be another turn around of bad events around us .. they seem to get worse if we have had recent contact with certain people but do they really have that kind of power to send us bad vibes !!! what i would like to know is how can we protect ourselves and if they do exist what can we do to change it...
thanking you with love Purple light :)
Old 18-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Ascender
No-one seems to have wanted (or dared!) to answer this question. I'm no expert in this area, but you deserve at least one answer! Perhaps someone more skilled in such things will come along to give you a better response.

My view, FWIW, is that such curses will have no effect on you at all - if you give them absolutely no credence. If you think that curses are ridiculous and cannot harm you, then they won't. A bit like water off a duck's back. However, if you have a feeling or suspicion that they can harm you (and your original post suggests that you might think that) then you could be at risk, more from your own fear than anything else. In that case, you might feel the need for some ritual to protect yourself.

Do you have evidence that anyone has made a curse, or it just that things aren't going well for you in life? You only say that "my family seems to have been sent one".

If you try to think really positively, that your life WILL change for the better, then that very positivity should help things along. Rather than fearing others, try to wish love and compassion towards all.

Warmest best wishes to you and your family.
Old 18-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Master

Curses largely rely on auto-suggestion. Voodooists for example make a point of letting their victim know they've been attacked. i.e. by hanging a Voodoo doll outside the person's house. In a primitive culture where superstitious belief holds sway this can represent a potent force.
There is evidence to suggest that fear can disrupt heart rhythm, which, especially if their is weakness in the heart, could result in a heart attack.
When the British and French landed in West Africa they encountered Voodoo, but because they dismissed it as ridiculous mumbo jumbo it had no effect on them. Indeed, the French and British went on to colonise the whole of west Africa, carving it up between them.

My advice is not to think about it all, concentrate on higher things, that which is good and pure.
Your bad luck as you put it, is more likely down to your karmic lot. Maybe you have lessons to learn? Lessons that you can only learn through setback and struggle.
Then again, maybe you just need to change your mindset. Positivity attracts, as does negativity.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 23-09-2012, 02:43 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
When the British and French landed in West Africa they encountered Voodoo, but because they dismissed it as ridiculous mumbo jumbo it had no effect on them. Indeed, the French and British went on to colonise the whole of west Africa, carving it up between them.

Well of course they did as you well know western Europeans like the British and French are intellectually, physically and spiritually superior than all other humans. Some would go far enough to say compared to western Europeans, everyone else is sub-human.

People of Africa, India, the Americas and other lands should of known that it was futile to resist their superiors, or even attempt to pit such mumbo jumbo against them.
Old 23-09-2012, 07:47 PM
Ascender
What advice would you like to offer to purplelight, Wisa'ka?
Old 23-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Wisa'ka

That curses are mumbo jumbo, LPC. I'd say you and Knight have given purple light the correct advice. Isn't that a given ?
Old 24-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Ascender
I'm glad that you agree!
Old 24-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPC
I'm glad that you agree!

That's what I'm suppose to do, isn't it ?
Old 25-09-2012, 07:28 AM
Master
This subject has been argued out in the Wicca thread.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=39418
Old 25-09-2012, 09:27 AM
RiversLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple light
hi .. I have often wondered about curses if people are so bad inside with jealousy and if people we meet or even know can really send or even put a curse on us I and my family seem to have been sent one and at times I really find we have no luck at all and if we try to prosper there seems to be another turn around of bad events around us .. they seem to get worse if we have had recent contact with certain people but do they really have that kind of power to send us bad vibes !!! what i would like to know is how can we protect ourselves and if they do exist what can we do to change it...
thanking you with love Purple light :)

Do you really want an answer? Then you need to explain a few things to me. Looking at this from a "legally" standpoint:
1. What makes you think your family is being cursed? Use specific examples please.
2. Who is doing the cursing and WHY? Do they have a valid claim on the good fortune of your family? Is this claim real or perceived?
3. Does your family feel guilty about their good fortune? Do they feel they took advantage of the other person?
4. Is there anything they can do from a moral standpoint to make amends to the "injured party"?
Answer those four questions to the best of your ability and I'll tell you what is most likely going on. But srsly, curses that work only happen if there is a serious wrong done to the other party that would make their energy go all wonky and negative. The negative energy will go where it rightly belongs. That's the law of karma.