Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-02-2021, 08:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
It's all up to you. What does you ego tell you?
It's your choice. You have been given free will.
You have to find the way.
Winkey J or Horny D, choose wisely.

... ... ... ...

As long as it's not you running around in a fig leaf I'm ok with whatever comes up next, I'm sure you'll think of something .
Old 07-02-2021, 08:35 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
As long as it's not you running around in a fig leaf I'm ok with whatever comes up next, I'm sure you'll think of something .
I tried to warn you not to think about that, but it seems you have lost the way, become obsessed I expect. Who could blame you though.
Well if you must, then feast your eyes!

https://giphy.com/gifs/season-10-the...bppdyA6eeBtYg8

https://youtu.be/dJYmivBbPXU?t=126
Old 07-02-2021, 10:19 PM
Soul Seeker

The modern Gnostic Christian Jesus would not say I am the way. That is old fashioned and is not understood in the way Jesus meant.

He would say that Gnosis led him to the way, and if you follow it, you might be one of the few who find it.

The unfortunate part is how few.

There are many Jesus minded, but few Christ minded.

We no longer anoint the wise because most cannot recognize them.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Regards
DL
Old 07-02-2021, 11:58 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Ego is extremely valuable... It's how you use it that can cause problems A healthy flexible ego is what we need imo....

In what specific ways is the ego extremely valuable on the spiritual journey ?
Old 08-02-2021, 12:13 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner

Well, for one thing it is a great integrator for all that happens to us and the effects it has on us. If we want to understand the cause and effect of love and hate, there is nothing more valuable then the ego we create in response to it. IMO.
Old 08-02-2021, 01:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner

Ego is 'so important' that it is not even mentioned in the Old Testament nor the New Testament..............

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 08-02-2021, 01:20 AM
ketzer

While this is the Christian forum, I don't think one's 'spiritual journey' should be limited to what one can find in the Bible alone. There are many, even some who call themselves Christians, that look to all sorts of different faiths, traditions, and philosophies, when trying to make sense of, or find meaning in, their 'spiritual journey'. That said, I do think the ego is relevant in the teachings of Jesus and many other parts of the Bible, even if it is not directly addressed as such.
Old 08-02-2021, 01:26 AM
Master
Quote:
That said, I do think the ego is relevant in the teachings of Jesus and many other parts of the Bible, even if it is not directly addressed as such.

Can you provide examples?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 08-02-2021, 01:27 AM
Master
..... but then, I suspect you have to define what is the Ego.

Old 08-02-2021, 01:28 AM
Molearner

Quote:
While this is the Christian forum, I don't think one's 'spiritual journey' should be limited to what one can find in the Bible alone. There are many, even some who call themselves Christians, that look to all sorts of different faiths, traditions, and philosophies, when trying to make sense of, or find meaning in, their 'spiritual journey'. That said, I do think the ego is relevant in the teachings of Jesus and many other parts of the Bible, even if it is not directly addressed as such.

Ketzer,

Where do you think or notice that the ego is most relevant in the teachings of Jesus ?