Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-01-2021, 12:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I say this often.
It's just when you allow the unpleasant aspects of the ego to rule you it's
not great...like:
pride, jealousy, anger, indignation, self loathing, hatred for our neighbors, worry, fear, anxiety, vengeance, arrogance,
depression, hopelessness, despair, selfishness, greed, wishing ill on others,
dissatisfaction, irritability, doubt, paranoia, addictions, dependence on logic and intellect only...

In other words: Separation from our heart, our higher selves, our Creator, from forgiveness and kindness and
mercy and generosity and patience and clear judgment and discernment.
A sense of 'I' is not such a problem, since we were made to be individual souls...for a time, I guess...
maybe forever individual... but Realized, Awakened and Wise.

And that list was before coffee!
Looking forward to after the coffee

I agree with you 100%. . You mentioned individual souls I personally see ' Individuality in oneness '... Individual sparks from the same fire.
Old 14-01-2021, 01:09 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

I agree with you 100%. . You mentioned individual souls I personally see ' Individuality in oneness '... Individual sparks from the same fire.

Quite right!. The cell is an individual, yet it carries within its nucleus an image of the whole body, and is part of that whole body as well. Provided it knows how to get along with all the other cells of the body. If it tries to use that image to become the whole, while within the whole, it can becomes a cancer. Yet if separated from the body, it can explore its inherent wholeness, for a time, without harm.

During a lifetime, the mind creates and carries within itself an image of self, and how that self relates to society and the world as a whole. Perhaps, if looked upon with love and compassion, that image can teach it something about the way to simultaneously be both an individual self and an harmonious part of a whole.
Old 14-01-2021, 01:14 PM
ketzer

Quote:
I say this often.
It's just when you allow the unpleasant aspects of the ego to rule you it's
not great...like:
pride, jealousy, anger, indignation, self loathing, hatred for our neighbors, worry, fear, anxiety, vengeance, arrogance,
depression, hopelessness, despair, selfishness, greed, wishing ill on others,
dissatisfaction, irritability, complaining, negative, doubt, mean, no-empathy or compassion,
paranoia, addictions, dependence on logic and intellect only...

In other words: Separation from our heart, our higher selves, our Creator, from forgiveness and kindness and
mercy and generosity and patience and clear judgment and discernment.
A sense of 'I' is not such a problem, since we were made to be individual souls...for a time, I guess...
maybe forever individual... but Realized, Awakened and Wise.

And that list was before coffee!

I see no reason to start the morning off by picking apart my personality.

Anyway, I envy your ability to be so awake and wise before coffee.
Old 14-01-2021, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123

I agree with you 100%. . You mentioned individual souls I personally see ' Individuality in oneness '...
Individual sparks from the same fire.
Good morning, yes.
Is a wave of the Ocean really separate?
Is a ray of the Sun really separate ---yes and no;
individual parts, all part of and within the One, sustained by the One--with the essence within it of the One Source.

Ha, could the Sun exist without it's rays? Kind of like which came first the chicken or the egg.
Is a ray the actual Sun itself; is a wave the actual Ocean?
Fun stuff.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-01-2021, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
I see no reason to start the morning off by picking apart my personality.
Anyway, I envy your ability to be so awake and wise before coffee.
You crack me up!!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-01-2021, 01:22 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Ha, could the Sun exist without it's rays?

Ha, ha....and a hardy har har too!
That reminds me of a zen koan.
If one puts on a particularly beetchin pair of Ray-BanĀ® shades, does the sun still exist?
Old 14-01-2021, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Ha, ha....and a hardy har har too!
That reminds me of a zen koan.
If one puts on a particularly beetchin pair of Ray-BanĀ® shades, does the sun still exist?
If a man walks in the forest and a tree falls is he still wrong?

Old 14-01-2021, 01:41 PM
ketzer

Quote:
If a man walks in the forest and a tree falls is he still wrong?

Depends on who is with him.
Old 14-01-2021, 01:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
In the Gospel of Barnabas, Jesus claims he is not the Messiah and that the Messiah will be coming in the future. This is a core deviation from the main teachings of Christianity. Excerpted from the 82nd Chapter of the Gospel of Barnabas, it reads :

"Jesus answered: 'I am indeed sent to the house of Israel as a prophet of salvation ; but after me shall come the Messiah, sent of God to all the world ; for whom God hath made the world. And then through all the world will God be worshipped, and mercy received, insomuch that the year of jubilee, which now cometh every hundred years, shall by the Messiah be reduced to every year in every place.'"

The Jubilee, was every 7 years and after 7 cycles (7 X 7 years), the following year (the 50th year), would be a Golden Jubilee. The Gospel of Barnabas claims erroneously, that the Jubilee came every 100 years. The Jubilees were a part of the Law and even when looked at today, was extremely liberal and progressive.

That statement about Jesus saying that "after me shall come the Messiah" is interesting and, as you said, a deviation from standard Christian thought.
Old 14-01-2021, 01:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
In Hindu culture, they believe that from time to time God does incarnate on the earth in human form, they are called Avatars (this is the original meaning of a word that has been used in other contexts since, and it means descent, referring to the descent of the divine into a human form), This is what a Hindu would consider Jesus Christ to have been. There are Avatars on the Earth now, some high profile and some not. They come in different forms at different times because as you alluded too, us humans are a tough nut to crack and what will appeal to one person/culture wont to another.

Very well said. That is my understanding as well.

In addition, I agree that "there are avatars on the Earth now, some high profile and some not". I call the latter "hidden masters". They are definitely there.