Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 24-10-2020, 10:14 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyTeal16
Is There A Right Or Wrong Way To Meditate

I am not sure, you choose.

You arrive at a fork in the road, here is what you see:

Yes there is a right way to meditate. Ex. Training under a shinto priest. You are following there path to a shared destination.

No there is not a right way to meditate. You are creating your own path to your destination.

Both answers are correct. Mix and Match. Pick and choose from different religious practices.

Neither one is correct. Ex. The path of zen. Every thought means nothing. Clear your mind and just be.
Old 24-10-2020, 11:37 PM
Master
A person in deep meditation will tend to stay away from identifying things. The deeper one goes in quiet meditation the more the experience of one-ness envelopes everything. All forms are illusions; fragile, temporary, images passing by on their way to their thing. That which I am on the outside, my physical-ness, is but and image on the way to its thing. It is real to the extent that a verification by other images are sought.

There is no objective standard of verification, and the validity remains with the participant having the experience. Although it can be nice to get caught in the drama; regardless whether that drama is in this physical creation or beyond. Whatever we give our attention to will grow. What we give our concentrated attention to, we give our power to. We attract things into our view, and also create things, mostly to help us with our own journey.

Faith is a major component involved. It is also important to form a very strong bond with our deeper being. That can guide us true in any situation in this world or beyond. We are exploring ourselves; that is all any of this amounts to. Most people have become foreigners in their own being. Afraid of that which they truly are, beyond words and thoughts. Beyond this physical realm, those on the other side, do not debate reality.
Old 16-11-2021, 04:48 AM
Pathfinder

To everyone here that replied to my post/thread. I apologize for not finding and taking the time to reply to thank all of you. I know that one would have to find a very quiet place, concentrate on your breathing, no sound I suppose. To turn off the TV, radio, there should be no noise? What about listening to music? If so, what kind of music? Or is it alright to listen to the type of music that I like, favorite songs so to speak? When I listen to music that I love, my imagination is like an open and endless playground. At times I like to tune out the world put on my mp3 player. Visualize and fantasize, what comes to me in my mind's eye are so many, many fascinating, powerful images of my own creation. Wishing more than anything that I could step into that world and leave this one behind. I always thought that you should meditate with your eyes closed. I never thought that it would be possible to meditate with your eyes open. How is this possible? How does one concentrate on meditating with your eyes open? Do you look at or into something in particular? Not to go off the subject of meditation but is this anything at all related to looking into a mirror? I am not familiar with the subject but isn't there something about where you look into a mirror or some kind of mirror for I do not know how long and there are images that are supposed to appear?? I would appreciate any and all supportive, positive advice if any of you or someone here could answer my questions, please? Thank you so very much and have a blessed night.

Love and Light,
LilyTeal16