Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-02-2021, 06:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Seeker
Yes, as it is in fact ongoing.

What is homophobia and misogyny if not a low level inquisition against women and gays?

Regards
DL

You have a right to believe what you do but I do not believe what you wrote.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-02-2021, 06:58 PM
Master
Quote:
What are your thoughts on the, -- Kill the Gays bill -- in Uganda sponsored and paid for by a American Christian church?

Christian do not walk their talk, which they would have to do to be as you put.

Regards
DL

In all religions, even in the Gnostic groups, there are those that are on the fringe. Surely you do not believe in all Gnostic writings, especially those dealing with the Supernatural, do you?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 26-03-2021, 12:34 AM
Newbie ;)

I was raised a devout Catholic, however after years of asking questions about life and God, and never getting my questions answered by the nuns and priests, I abandoned the church at about 18. At the time my clear sense was that Christianity was about observing the rules and rituals of the church and doing charitable works to guarantee you would avoid hell.

For 20 years I was a "devout" agnostic/materialist. Then I was inspired to take a look at the question of belief once again. After a year or two I accepted the existence of God, but I was a blank slate I had no attachment to any belief system and I continually prayed for guidance, and I feel I was indeed guided.

At that time I studied the Bible from a different perspective than I ever had in the past: the perspective of an innocent child of God, made in God's image and likeness.

Now, to answer your question, "What Does Christianity Mean To You?", I would say that a true "Christian" is a follower of Christ; one who studies the actual teachings of Jesus and dedicates themselves to applying those teachings. I think Jesus made it absolutely clear that this was his actual intention when he said: "If you love me keep my commandments" and ""Why do you call me Lord, Lord, yet don't do what I say?". There are more than 10 statements like that in the Gospels. So in my view there Christianity is a religion and set of doctrines that is about Jesus, without any real focus on understanding and putting into practice as an every day way of life, the teachings of Jesus.
Old 26-03-2021, 05:47 AM
AbodhiSky

Quote:
Think inquisitions

you could also think germans, vikings, world war 1, or 2 or Vietnam and on and on, heck the ancient ROMANS! they killed people for entertainment. every human group that has ever existed has good and bad types in it.
Old 26-03-2021, 03:03 PM
Master
Quote:
You can't read scriptures it seems.

What is the promised Armageddon if not Jesus promoting war and genocide?

Regards
DL

What is your view on Armageddon?

and how did you connect Jesus with promoting war and genocide?

Old 28-04-2022, 06:11 AM
Master
If a person 'cleans house', does that mean and end to spiders, etc.?

Armageddon, in the Christian vernacular, is probably considered one of the major highlights of the 'good news'.

Old 30-04-2022, 07:04 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
My question is, "What does Christianity mean to you?"

This is a big problem for people because no one looks at the historical information.

Christianity, regarding the one coming and end times, is a direct copy of the Zoroastrian religion. If you actually read the text, there are numerous verses that simply say this "end times" and "arrival in the sky" was to have happened back in their time - not ours.

Ask yourself a question ... if "certain people," as well as Caiaphas the high priest, were told they wouldn't die before this "arrival and end of all" happened, logic dictates they are all still alive. Over the span of the first 100 years of this "extended life" they would have become key to this religion. After 2000 rounded years, they would have been central to everything.

Unfortunately, they all died. How could that happen if Jesus was the information giver?

For yet in a very little while, He who is coming will come, and will not delay. Heb.10:37

It never happened. Houston - we have a problem.
"You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again ... we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one."
Dr Lee Smolin
"It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem."
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
Old 11-05-2022, 02:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
My question is, "What does Christianity mean to you?"

It means taking up thy cross and following after me ( Christ ). Doing to others as you would have others do unto you, loving your neighbour as yourself and many other things which are deemed to be the Christian way. These are just a handful of teachings by Christ but very important non the less.

Love utopia