Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 11-07-2014, 02:36 PM
AirandSky

Deja Vu that never happened?

Hello,
I had a strange thing happen to me this morning and I was wondering if it has happened to anyone else.
I got some coffee at Starbucks and was browsing Facebook. I'm a member of several personality theory groups and one person had made a post about how opposites attract and he was asking for advice on making the relationship work.
I was thinking about this as I was driving away, and I suddenly got a vivid impression that at some time I had commented on this post about how I thought opposite type relationships were very difficult and I wouldn't suggest it. Then I got an overwhelming impression that my comments would be received in a negative way and I would get backlash from the other group members in a significant way. This didn't really feel like strong intuition, it felt like I had actually experienced it, like I could actually remember the whole thing taking place. I also feel that I wasn't remembering a very similar situation that could be confusing me, it was very definitely this experience. It felt like deja vu, but usually when I experience that, it takes place while I'm in the process of doing something, the event happens and it feels overwhelmingly familiar, like I've done it before. This was me "remembering" something, a different course of action, that didn't actually happen.
Anyone have ideas? I feel mystified.

Thanks,
A&S
Old 11-07-2014, 03:15 PM
resurrectedlife

You were in tune with what would be the outcome and you profited from it for good in your life experience. Oh how I wish I had been in tune before opening my mouth and letting my tongue make poor remarks that didn't go well for me. Sometimes counting to ten can stop inserting foot into mouth.
I know we are sometimes shown what the outcome of our actions will be. I think often we don't even give these thoughts or feelings a second of attention. You were fortunate that you listened.
I had a vision of my mother in a casket and I thought why was I seeing this?
I guess I was being told for some reason what was about to happen. I didn't give it any more thought or take any action on it. My mother, that was not ill at the time, passed away within a month of my seeing that vision.
Deja Vu isn't always just of the past IMO.
You were shown what you could reap by what you could have sown. I wish that happened more often to me.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Experiencer
Hello A&S,

You literally tapped into your higher self. For whatever reason, you were in exactly the right place in you're head, focusing on the right subject matter and as ressurectedlife suggested. You simply tuned into and experienced another sense or understanding you have always had but never learned to use or trust. I personally don't believe this was a bout of deja vu, because as you suggested, the strong sensation you experienced that could have happened, never actually occurred. Instead, you carried on with your day, got in your car and drove away.

What I do believe is more and more people are having things like this happen to them and they can't explain it. It is as if a veil is being lifted on the reality of our world as we know it. It happened to me about 8 years ago and it changed my entire outlook on life. Bottom line is - you can choose to ignore it, chalk it up as some strange form of deja vu, maybe rationalize it your crazy imagination or you can learn from it, maybe even go further down that rabbit hole. If you decide to do the latter. This forum has a bunch of people who can help you learn more about your experience as well as help you have more experiences like this.

Good luck and congrats!

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has not overcome them.

-- Carl Jung
Old 11-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Master

It's possible you were looking at a parallel reality where you had actually posted a comment. I have been experiencing more and more of those lately.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:14 AM
Super Moderator
I once got deja vu, and then 'remembered' what happened next. And stayed very still, merely observing, and not overtly causing any events. And what did actually happen in the next few minutes was exactly as I remembered it. Very simplistic, but I was aware I remembered the future!
All a bit much for my brain actually....both then and now!
Old 12-07-2014, 01:50 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsymystique
It's possible you were looking at a parallel reality where you had actually posted a comment. I have been experiencing more and more of those lately.

yeah the thing about deja vu - I normally think about it being in the past. Once I cottoned on to the fact I've lived similar lives in the same time period I am in now (as opposed to it always being a progression into future times) then deja vu kinda combined itself with alternate realities or alternate timelines or whatever we feel like calling it this week. (if you think of the fourth dimension as another spatial dimension and start reasoning about it alternate timelines and parallel realities seem to be similar concepts).