Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 20-06-2014, 02:01 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
Its like school. For a few years we have to go. We are made to attend, so that we can learn stuff that being in school teaches us. But we don't have to spend all our time in the school, we're allowed out on the afternoons until the next morning.

Then one day we leave school permanently. We no longer have to go, ever again, and in effect we start a new life, a life as a hopefully more educated person. Then we start a whole new set of lessons as we learn what it is to be an adult.

We are bound to our bodies, but not full time, just like when we're a kid and we have to go to school whether we want to or not. And just like the compulsory schooling, we're in our bodies to learn and experience stuff. Its part of the schooling of the soul if you will.

Perhaps. Though I really hate school. Haha. I feel that as a child the school you go to is only as good as the teachers/admin let it be. Especially because you are a child and haven't learned how to manipulate or influence your schooling or what you learn.

I feel your body is different. Yes, I spent some time hating my body and wishing to be elsewhere, and feeling disconnected, but when you come to realize learning is much more than what an institution has to offer, I dunno, your life becomes more integrated with discovery and learning. I don't think your body is some cold institution. It has far more involvement in your spirit and the being in a learning process within yourself. I guess, as long as you allow it. Being grounded is important to my life. Being part of my body is something I find very valuable.
Old 22-06-2014, 04:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisbet
I think we have a much deeper connection to the body than simply a vehicle. We integrate into our body somehow. It can get tough to separate ourselves from it (nor do we need to until we die). I don't like the idea of an empty vessel. It's not empty--we are part of it! And when we die it doesn't just sit there, waiting to be filled like a puppet. It changes, goes back into the earth. Our body becomes nothing without us. So our body is our soul's creation. Just like a work of art, it is a part of us. We then can send the materials back where we got them once we are done our life with it. The body only thrives and grows while we are integrated within it. It's our energy manifest in the physical, not a container.

I see my body as not much different to a blister on my finger, they are both learning experiences. This isnt to say that one cant love the experience and the tools for the experience.