Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 17-06-2014, 12:21 PM
Spook't

I remember the death of my most recent past life. It was WWII London - during a Nazi AirRaid. I was born in this life in 1962. So ... around Sept 1940 until June 1962 ... From death to birth was a little over 20 years. (and I count being in the womb as rebirth ... the soul is there).

I was shown my death in my next life ... and that life doesn't start for another 200 years. I'll be a young fella (i'm a woman now) when I die ... 17 or so ... and I'll die in North East Texas running from an invasion coming up from the South. An invasion of who or what .. I don't know.

So I don't think there is any set time period between lives.
Old 17-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Deactivated Account

what's funny is one resistance ihad to reincarnation as a belief is i used to think we reincarnated right after we died. which seemed kinda sad,and not as meaningful...and like it would be missing a lot. after expanding my views on death,i now see and believe it's not right after death,which makes ALOT more sense and able to believe 100%in reincarnation. I feel because animals have shorter life spans,they reincarnate much quicker,and maybe as soon as even a few months to few years after. i think humans would take longer since they have longer life spans. i definitely think it's up to us,and we decide and it would be varied. some may want to reincarnate pretty soon after whereas some may want more time,or some even alot more time.
Old 17-06-2014, 11:02 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinski78
Quote: by Westein [When you are out of body, there is no time. So from the spirit's point of view, it's an invalid question.] Un-Quote...

Not quite sure I understand that theory about 'no time'...

If there is a difference from one life cycle to another (per individual) how are differential periods calculated, if there is no such thing as time???

Just interested...

Rob....
i know your not asking me,but i believe time is non linear.
Old 17-06-2014, 11:21 PM
Deactivated Account

I have always wondered this but..

Time doesn't really exist outside the physical. So if it doesn't exist how can we measure it?

I don't know.. I think the astral is a different place from where I've come from but I can't be sure. They say time there in the astral is faster although not completely non-existent. This would make sense if you think of it as the fourth dimension. It is the dimension of time itself. So you would still perceive it but not be completely subject to it.

From a no time point of view we wouldn't need any 'time' because we are living in eternity and one moment is forever. Therefore there is probably no difference between what we perceive as a 'moment' of this and a few centuries of this. So being in a 'no time' realm would probably mean that we would only need to visit for a 'moment' before incarnating again, because it would be forever in the 'blink of an eye'. So because of this I don't think the astral can be completely free of time, because some souls do genuinely need to stay longer than others.

So there must be some system of time keeping in the astral. I think I read an NDE once where the person said that they do sort of perceive time but not in the way we do. And they generally only perceive it if they think about it. Otherwise things seem to be more 'stretched out'. (or present, I suppose)

I would love to know myself, the differences of time here vs astral vs higher realms. One day.
Old 18-06-2014, 03:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Time doesn't really exist outside the physical. So if it doesn't exist how can we measure it?
Time is measured by 'change'. Draw a sine [repeating] wave on something count the number of cycles between one place on the wave and another. Assuming you can draw waves all the same 'size' you can use that as a ruler. Say a room is 29 sine waves across. The same applies to 'time'. Something 'regular' is taken as a reference (very often light oscillations) and used to measure elapsed time. One is not actually measuring 'time' per se, one is measuring one 'period' relative to something hopefully regular in period.
Old 18-06-2014, 03:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sea-dove
My current daughter who hates me this lifetime (she wont even speak to me), is the 3 year old beautiful blond child with ringlets which we took in that I allowed my husband to abuse and he killed and we buried in the backyard, I was involved in cruelity towards her. Past lives really can come back to haunt one. I guess daughter and I will have to incarnate again? if she cant one day come to forgive (this lifetime I dont think she even knows why she dont like me, she makes up all kinds of irrational reasons to try to explain her emotions to herself). Interestingly, she came into this lifetime disabled (so Ive really had to pay my dues towards her), she tells me its my fault she's disabled. I wonder if she had a life in between that other life and this one as I did or if she jumped from that life to this. Maybe cause of her trauma she didnt incarnate for longer?

Anyway.. some of us at least seem to be nearly always in incarnation.

Same story here. My daughter hates me in this incarnation because we were sisters in an earlier incarnation. We had a controlling, dominering father (don't remember a mother) in this earlier incarnation. I was raped by my father's foreman and commit suicide. she felt abandoned and lived the rest of her life under his controlling influence and even after he had died, she was to afraid to venture out. It was back in colonial days. Things were different then.

She hates me this incarnation. I have given her my blessing and told her I love her but she needs to go and live her life. She was making my life a living hell with her nasty attitude.

I do not feel we will have to incarnate together again. I love her and have released her from any negative emotions on my part. She will have to either find a solution in this incarnation or find another one in a different incarnation to play out this karma.

I know how hard this is for you. It is the same for me.
Old 18-06-2014, 11:04 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Time is measured by 'change'. Draw a sine [repeating] wave on something count the number of cycles between one place on the wave and another. Assuming you can draw waves all the same 'size' you can use that as a ruler. Say a room is 29 sine waves across. The same applies to 'time'. Something 'regular' is taken as a reference (very often light oscillations) and used to measure elapsed time. One is not actually measuring 'time' per se, one is measuring one 'period' relative to something hopefully regular in period.

But in the realms outside of time I don't think this happens because every moment is present and eternal. There is nothing to measure against anything else, one reason simply down the fact that you don't think of anything else except the present moment. There is no need to. What you perceive lasts forever and what is forever is experienced now. The past present and future don't just collapse into one but they don't exist at all. How can you measure against an experience that never happened or never will happen in the way you perceive it? You can't because you are eternally still experiencing it. Things do not pass in the way we know them. They simply are.

(my own understanding of having a glimpse into this realm for a brief few minutes- whatever realm that actually was I have no idea)
Old 18-06-2014, 11:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
But in the realms outside of time I don't think this happens because every moment is present and eternal. There is nothing to measure against anything else, one reason simply down the fact that you don't think of anything else except the present moment. There is no need to. What you perceive lasts forever and what is forever is experienced now. The past present and future don't just collapse into one but they don't exist at all. How can you measure against an experience that never happened or never will happen in the way you perceive it? You can't because you are eternally still experiencing it. Things do not pass in the way we know them. They simply are.

(my own understanding of having a glimpse into this realm for a brief few minutes- whatever realm that actually was I have no idea)
From a timeless view, this universe looks that way. Time in this universe is really just like a spatial dimension. The beings of Earth have this odd way of perceiving things in a series to make what they perceive as time. IF you remember the old film version of movies, time is like playing the reel one image at a time in the order they are arranged on the plastic strip. If one were to unroll the film, its pretty obvious that all the images are simply there currently and they do not change. So what is called time is the number of images that have been viewed 'between' a start and stop.

What is 'special' about this universe is that it is 'arranged' according the what is referred to as 'cause and effect'. In a 'timeless' configuration, it's just a landscape with no obvious arrangement that might be interpreted as incremental change. In other words, in this universe if you pick two points along the 'time' direction, the points in between are an incremental progression from the first to last. This does not imply that each point is causing or caused by the adjacent points.

Going back to the film analogy, if you cut up the film and toss the individual frames in the floor, moving from frame to adjacent frame would not longer make for an 'natural' narrative. The frame still haven't changed, they are all still just present. Its the special arrangement that constitutes this impression of time.

In a way its like a new deck of cards where the cards are still in sequential order. The cards did not cause each other to be that way, its just an arrangement in space. Flipping from card to card might give one the impression that the cards are causing the 'next' one to be one previous or one after the current one.

So time is not a cause and effect thing, it's a special incremental arrangement. One of the side effects of the arrangement is that with some planning, one can move through space and construct a 'story of consequences' from the sequences observed.
Old 19-06-2014, 07:24 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Same story here. My daughter hates me in this incarnation because we were sisters in an earlier incarnation. We had a controlling, dominering father (don't remember a mother) in this earlier incarnation. I was raped by my father's foreman and commit suicide. she felt abandoned and lived the rest of her life under his controlling influence and even after he had died, she was to afraid to venture out. It was back in colonial days. Things were different then.

She hates me this incarnation. I have given her my blessing and told her I love her but she needs to go and live her life. She was making my life a living hell with her nasty attitude.

I do not feel we will have to incarnate together again. I love her and have released her from any negative emotions on my part. She will have to either find a solution in this incarnation or find another one in a different incarnation to play out this karma.

I know how hard this is for you. It is the same for me.

Thanks Deb, it was very interesting for me to hear that you dont think you will have to incarnate together again due to her not being able to get over it.

I guess its possible for my daughter to learn forgiveness without me having to be there for her to forgive I soo hope I dont have to incarnate again. I really do not want to incarnate on this planet again. I feel tired of this place, to much drama in duality
Old 07-07-2014, 11:51 AM
bluewhale

I'm not sure what happens, but I do have a memory to share. When I was 2 or 3, I had a dream that felt more like a memory. In this dream I was "waiting to be born". I remember there was a "man" with me asking me if I was sure I wanted THESE parents. I called him father. "I said yes, Father, they are the ones." I remember "looking down" at my mom and dad and having this immeasurable love for them. Then the "man" said "You have not made this easy for yourself." My reply was, "I know, but I love them" and that's the end of the memory/dream. If it was "all in my head", I'm not sure how I would have known I had chosen a difficult path at such a young age. Especially since this was before all the really bad stuff started. I kind of ignored it as a baby's fantasies until recently. Now I think maybe it really was a memory. I'm not sure how it applies here, but it might suggest that there is some time between physical lives and that we even have a say in who and what life we're born to. Or at least that was the case for me. I wish I could remember why I thought this life path was a good idea. I wish I knew now what I knew when i was a babe.