Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 02-07-2014, 06:47 AM
Master

It's not the quantity of time but quality.
Soul stages develop and transition when certain key lessons/goals/challenges have been achieved... for example, you cannot learn to guide others until you have learnt compassion, therefore until that lesson is learnt you will remain at a stage.

It also depends on your soul group, they help you to achieve your goals. It is a team effort. You cannot learn the lessons without others, both good and uncomfortable ones.

There are young souls that stay in that stage for a long period, like adolescence to adulthood as they struggle to see the signs and to attain what is needed for the mature stage.

Some souls, may learn their lessons faster and become old souls, but may choose only one or two lessons in each incarnation.

So, its not a race but quality of the lessons learnt. As I say in all my readings, better to do one lessons correctly and move on using it as a foundation rather than four partial ones you must do again!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:28 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
An old soul is one who has been incarnating many incarnations in the Free Will Universe we live in. A young soul has been elsewhere living other realities and has just entered our Universe.

I agree with the above. As in terms of souls, they were created and reside in a no time dimension, so the age of the soul can only be based on its actual experience. How many lives and the lessons learnt while living in a free will universe.

Some may of understood lessons faster then others so are "old" due to that, while others may choose to incarnate more so are termed old souls too due to taking on a lot of knowledge. My soul seems to incarnate a lot (well at least in the last few hundred years or so).
Old 02-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
An old soul is one who has been incarnating many incarnations in the Free Will Universe we live in. A young soul has been elsewhere living other realities and has just entered our Universe.

Wow! This is interesting. I really do wonder what these other realities might be
Old 02-07-2014, 01:04 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySG
Wow! This is interesting. I really do wonder what these other realities might be

Yes, it would be cool to know that. I wonder if anyone can enlighten us
Old 03-07-2014, 06:14 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Hi
To my understanding there is so called 'old' souls and young souls. Old souls being the ones who have evolved more and are more likely to become enlightened on earth.

However, if all souls have been around forever and will continue to live forever. How does one become a old soul? Technically all souls are the same in terms of 'age' (I do realise time it is not easy to use time as a marker here).

I know most people will say that a old soul has had more incarnations and has learnt more over their lives whereas the young soul hasn't. But, if the young soul hasn't been on earth, what has it been doing? Watching tele? I mean what is there for a soul to do if it is not on earth??

Any insights would be much appreciated. Thanks

The Earth is a classroom...

Once begun the process of creation has never stopped. New human souls, raw beginners, are being "born" all the time in heaven (mental plane of existence). It is also true that old souls who have completed their cycle of lives, are leaving. The average soul on Earth is very young in spritual terms.

We are not created in perfection. The idea that we are and that we "fell" from heaven is false. We are all created in innocence. To come to Earth to learn and eventually become a wise, mature soul is the goal. It takes a long time. About 1000 or more lifetimes.

No matter the interval between physical lifetimes in heaven we work in small groups of kindred souls. We help each other to understand about mistakes made and entertain suggestions for future remedial opportunities. Each of these small groups has a guide who is only another human soul who is more advanced. Our guides are just like us. They are not angels or ascended masters or anything like that.

We've all heard of "soul mates". These are others who are in our groups in heaven. It is pretty common to incarnate together for the purpose of helping one another with the planned lesson gains.

Enlightenment is part of the goal. Spiritual growth is nothing more complicated than a long series of "realizations".

An important point is to realize that there is not necessarily any correlation between old souls and Earthly positions. The fact that we can have a national or political leader who is not advanced explains how we seem to manage to continually get into wars. It explains why greed and selfishness seem to rule supreme sometimes. Advanced souls would not permit this, or would they? What good would the Earth be if it were perfect? How would new souls make gains? They wouldn't. There is a spiritual axiom which states "Harmony through conflict" which applies.

Earth is a tough assignment. There are other worlds too that a human soul can go to which are different in many ways. Earth, though, presents the best opportunities for advancement in the shortest period of time.

There is much more to this but here is not the place....
Old 04-07-2014, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew

The Earth is a classroom...

Once begun the process of creation has never stopped. New human souls, raw beginners, are being "born" all the time in heaven (mental plane of existence). It is also true that old souls who have completed their cycle of lives, are leaving. The average soul on Earth is very young in spritual terms.

We are not created in perfection. The idea that we are and that we "fell" from heaven is false. We are all created in innocence. To come to Earth to learn and eventually become a wise, mature soul is the goal. It takes a long time. About 1000 or more lifetimes.

No matter the interval between physical lifetimes in heaven we work in small groups of kindred souls. We help each other to understand about mistakes made and entertain suggestions for future remedial opportunities. Each of these small groups has a guide who is only another human soul who is more advanced. Our guides are just like us. They are not angels or ascended masters or anything like that.

We've all heard of "soul mates". These are others who are in our groups in heaven. It is pretty common to incarnate together for the purpose of helping one another with the planned lesson gains.

Enlightenment is part of the goal. Spiritual growth is nothing more complicated than a long series of "realizations".

An important point is to realize that there is not necessarily any correlation between old souls and Earthly positions. The fact that we can have a national or political leader who is not advanced explains how we seem to manage to continually get into wars. It explains why greed and selfishness seem to rule supreme sometimes. Advanced souls would not permit this, or would they? What good would the Earth be if it were perfect? How would new souls make gains? They wouldn't. There is a spiritual axiom which states "Harmony through conflict" which applies.

Earth is a tough assignment. There are other worlds too that a human soul can go to which are different in many ways. Earth, though, presents the best opportunities for advancement in the shortest period of time.

There is much more to this but here is not the place....

I like this. Really well said. I can clearly see my life has been a series of aha realizations that have liberated me from negative thought patterns. I apparently have a lot of them. Still trying to connect my behavior with innocence but I think I am starting to get it. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:50 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Hi
To my understanding there is so called 'old' souls and young souls. Old souls being the ones who have evolved more and are more likely to become enlightened on earth.

However, if all souls have been around forever and will continue to live forever. How does one become a old soul? Technically all souls are the same in terms of 'age' (I do realise time it is not easy to use time as a marker here).

I know most people will say that a old soul has had more incarnations and has learnt more over their lives whereas the young soul hasn't. But, if the young soul hasn't been on earth, what has it been doing? Watching tele? I mean what is there for a soul to do if it is not on earth??

Any insights would be much appreciated. Thanks

Haha. Well, maybe the new soul has just split from source. It was always there eternally it just didn't have an individuated consciousness until that moment.

Or maybe it's an old soul from another planet/dimension but new here. There are many things it could've been before coming to earth.

I would say that old souls are souls who have had many incarnations on earth, or planets similar maybe so they know better how to navigate this world here when they first arrive.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by srpurple
I've read about an article long ago, the author was psychic herself and she claimed that she knows her past lives. She wrote that you can determine how old/strong your soul is just by knowing which energy center you are comfortable with. strong ones can easily do spiritual/psychic activities and often have strong vibrations as well.

Kind of makes sense for me.

I don't think this is correct though in all cases. What if you're an old soul who's decided to incarnate completely unaware for one lifetime to release some past life karma?

On the topic of energy centers though.. it seems like my heart/third eye are my strongest. My strong heart center seems like a past life thing. The third eye seems to be more active in this life. What would that mean according to her?

I mean it does make sense.. but maybe in my next life I might have karma in my sacral center to release so I'll have a strong sacral center there instead? How can you really know the age of a soul this way?