Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 03:52 AM
neeraj_bhatt_2002

Thanks Ancestral

.For now i just want to go inside myself and just feel it.
Healing from remote i will ask if i feel the need,thanks for it
,for present i just read some books, and medidate.
Could you tell me more about the journey,where you have these sessions.
yeah there is always to learn more.dosent matters how much you know
btw m reading a book god without religion these days ,i just started it ...seems to be nice
.Neeraj
Old 11-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Maarkandeya

There are some really nice posts here.

When talking to people, I am always amazed at the divergence of opinions regarding exactly what is meditation and what people expect to get out of it (if anything). It is also interesting to note what people have tried since what works for one may not necessarily work for another. Meditative techniques vary according to the temperment and disposition of the "meditator". Without that information, it is often difficult to address generalized questions that are raised here.

In any case, the truth will quite naturally reveal itself to an intensely sincere spirit.

As a side point related to meditation, I always liked the classical Buddhist answer regarding what one can expect to get out of meditation. "Absolutely nothing". (smile) The simplicity of the answer obviously belies the basic truth inherent in that response.
Old 14-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Ancestral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maarkandeya
There are some really nice posts here.

When talking to people, I am always amazed at the divergence of opinions regarding exactly what is meditation and what people expect to get out of it (if anything). It is also interesting to note what people have tried since what works for one may not necessarily work for another. Meditative techniques vary according to the temperment and disposition of the "meditator". Without that information, it is often difficult to address generalized questions that are raised here.

In any case, the truth will quite naturally reveal itself to an intensely sincere spirit.

As a side point related to meditation, I always liked the classical Buddhist answer regarding what one can expect to get out of meditation. "Absolutely nothing". (smile) The simplicity of the answer obviously belies the basic truth inherent in that response.

Do you meditate? I am always interested to hear other methods of meditation. Also welcome to the forum. :)
Old 15-12-2005, 12:44 AM
Maarkandeya

Hi Ancestral. Thanks for the kind welcome.

To answer your question, I have meditated for years and now meditation is becoming my natural, normal state. I was fortunate to have met spirtual adepts during my lifetime and, while they were often quite difficult taskmasters, their wisdom most assuredly helped me to become a light unto myself. This wisdom was imparted freely by them to me, and accordingly I freely share the little that I know with those who may find it useful.
Old 15-12-2005, 01:30 AM
Ancestral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maarkandeya
Hi Ancestral. Thanks for the kind welcome.

To answer your question, I have meditated for years and now meditation is becoming my natural, normal state. I was fortunate to have met spirtual adepts during my lifetime and, while they were often quite difficult taskmasters, their wisdom most assuredly helped me to become a light unto myself. This wisdom was imparted freely by them to me, and accordingly I freely share the little that I know with those who may find it useful.

Thank you for answering my question and I have another question for you if you do not mind. What are spiritual adepts not familar with that word? I too have meditated for years too but have stopped for a while which I need to start up again. I also meditate for healing thy self and others. Again thank you. :)
Old 16-12-2005, 04:57 PM
Maarkandeya

Hi Ancestral,

"Spiritual Adepts" is a term widely used in reference to people otherwise known as "masters", "sages", etc. More often than not, they are "hidden" and have little or no followings. They appear as "needed" to share what is most helpful at that time.

Without going into detail, I was fortunate to attend a Kumbha Mela in India with a person widely considered to be a saint in that country. The Kumbha Mela is a spiritual happening in which sages, saints, and others (that term will be left undefined) converge at some auspicious place. There, I was blessed to meet some special people who were solitary figures without a following and who showed no signs whatsoever. However, through somewhat unconventional methods that make lasting impressions, they were able to impart to me that which was important at that particular point in time.

Obviously, one does not have to travel to India to experience such things. My first such experience many years ago was with a person who appeared to be a homeless wanderer on the streets of New York. I would encounter him spontaneously over a period of two years before he revealed himself for what he was. During that two-year period, I egotistically thought that I was doing "good deeds" for some one far below my state of "spiritual advancement". I soon discovered that my little candle of light was dwarfed by his "sun". Overall, he would appear to me on the streets of New York quite spontaneously and unpredictably over a period of nine years before he departed from my life altogether. At that point, he assured me that "a greater teacher will take my place." His words, of course, were true.

I hope that this has shed some light in response to your question. Seek and ye shall find. Knock and it shall be opened unto you. Ask and you shall receive. This is the law of the Universe !

Peace.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:02 AM
Poppies

This week, I've been considering meditation, and I've found this thread interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancestral
We each must find what works for us in order to relax but one rule seems to apply that is to allow whatever come through even if it is chaotic thoughts. Get them out of the way and you can move forward.
I found that comment helpful! I always thought you were supposed to 'empty your mind'... but letting the thoughts 'run their course' makes sense!

Is there any 'technique' for ending meditation? Do you just stop... get up and carry on with the day... or is there an accepted way to end the 'session'?

Quote:
I like that! :)
Old 07-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Ancestral

I find that when I felt refreshed and relaxed that I automantically came out of meditation. There were times it lasted 15 mins and one time felt like 15 ended up being actaully 45 minutes. That was amazing and I usually note time starting meditation and time when I came out of it. I also kept a meditation journal to see how I was progressing and remember my good and bad ones. :)
Old 07-01-2006, 11:45 PM
Poppies

Thanks for that!
Old 08-01-2006, 03:33 AM
Ancestral

You're welcome!
Closed Thread