Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 25-03-2020, 11:52 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara5
Coz, you are not to understand Advaita by the mind.
No, but you can 'dismantle' the process that creates Duality in the first place. One less step towards duality gives you two steps towards non-Duality.
Old 25-03-2020, 01:44 PM
Master
More so the statement 'you are not to understand Advaita by the mind' is the cart before the horse .

Advaita is a concept of the mind that is then used as a baseline truth to then suggest that it cannot be understood by the mind lol .

Peeps need to know that beyond mind is beyond self and the concepts of what lies beyond .

Let me say it again, there is no self, no thoughts of I AM or what Advaita is or refers too beyond mind .

Only self of the mind can speak of such concepts that relate to the world and I AM and whatever concept one can think up or compare something with or too .

This is why the true identity beyond is not something beyond .

x daz x
Old 25-03-2020, 01:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
No, but you can 'dismantle' the process that creates Duality in the first place. One less step towards duality gives you two steps towards non-Duality.

Duality and non duality do not exist beyond the concept of them ..

x daz x
Old 25-03-2020, 05:20 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Thank you! Yes, it is very hard to put into words. You have experienced something many people never have and
will have a hard time imagining even. So thanks.
You're very welcome.

I was watching some of that NDE YouTube you'd commented on in another post, and what he experienced was much like the same as I experienced. While he was using the words "You are" I think that was only because he was talking to an interviewer and trying to explain to them. What I think he meant was a 'sense' of "I am." What he experienced I think, - because of the trauma - was an extreme form of ego-death, the 'real deal'. What he was talking about is what happens in ego-death (which is a Jungian word, by the way) when the ego and all of its 'contents' collapses into the self and there is just pure consciousness itself. Which seemed to be what he was talking about.

If I had a magic wand and could wave it around at you saying "Bippity Boppety Bo" and you could have a full-blown experience of what I've gone through? I'd be very ambivalent about that because I'm not sure I could put anyone through that in good conscience. The realisations are pretty cool but they are very traumatic experiences to be immersed in.
Old 25-03-2020, 05:23 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Duality and non duality do not exist beyond the concept of them ..
No they don't, which is why dismantling the framework helps because it dismantles what creates the concept.
Old 27-03-2020, 06:30 AM
Master

I want to let you in on a little secret. There are no problems. There are no problems. There never were any problems, there are no problems today, and there will never be any problems. Problems just mean that the world isn't turning the way you want it to. But in truth, there are no problems. Everything is unfolding as it should. Everything is right. You have to forget about yourself and expand your consciousness until you become the whole universe. The Reality in back of the universe is Pure Awareness. It has no problems. And you are That.

Robert Adams

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 27-03-2020, 01:26 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mc
I want to let you in on a little secret. There are no problems. There are no problems.
There never were any problems, there are no problems today, and there will never be any problems.
Problems just mean that the world isn't turning the way you want it to. .....

Robert Adams
Hahahaha, I was so impressed with you Joe - I thought you wrote all that ...THEN, I saw it was Robert. LOL
Thank you and I agree.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 27-03-2020, 03:50 PM
Master

Quote:
I want to let you in on a little secret. There are no problems. There are no problems. There never were any problems, there are no problems today, and there will never be any problems. Problems just mean that the world isn't turning the way you want it to. But in truth, there are no problems. Everything is unfolding as it should. Everything is right. You have to forget about yourself and expand your consciousness until you become the whole universe. The Reality in back of the universe is Pure Awareness. It has no problems. And you are That.

Robert Adams
Beautiful!
Thank you for that.
Inspiring truth.

~ J
Old 27-03-2020, 04:39 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Beautiful!
Thank you for that.
Inspiring truth.

~ J
Your welcome my friend, Hare Krishna hope you are well

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 27-03-2020, 04:49 PM
Master

[quote=davidsun]Some readers may enjoy following deconstruction and reconstruction. Please note: This is only meant to present possible and possibly more positively creative (IMO) alternatives, not to say that there's anything 'bad' about going along with 'the secret' being talked about here:

There is no 'secret' here (that's my opinion at least). As long as there is living Intelligence with a Spiritual Motive (i.e. Purpose), it will seek to maximally accomplish said purpose. It will seek to re-solve any hindrances (blocks, countervailing factors) which it therefore may regard as 'problems' or 'puzzles' and even enjoy the activity of 'solving' them (as long as they remain un'solved', that is). They are really opportunities for said Intelligence (a/k/a Mind) and Spirit to exercise Itself and thereby grow in terms of capability and potency. This (growth, development, etc.) is one of the main characteristics of Life, IMO. Non-growth, non-development = stagnation (which leads to atrophy of Life's 'power') which is a kind of 'death' condition.

That's one way of mentally 'framing' the 'issue'. Another way of framing the same issue is that Intelligence ever seeks (i.e. 'wants') to maximally fulfill its innate 'program' or desire (a key one, which I elaborate on in my treatise, being to maximally experience Love and Joy in relationship to and with others.

IMO, this is a simplistic dismissal (ducking) of the very real consequential issue at hand (re-f'ramed' above). John Lennon famously re-framed it by 'quipping' "There are no problems, only solutions". Contemplating what's shared via this page: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/288957
may expand your awareness and deepen your appreciation of many factors which are involved:

That is a subjective 'judgment'. Whatever happened to the wisdom in the popular (in 'spiritual' circles) saying that there are no 'shoulds'.

That's another completely subjective 'judgment', aye what? If everything is 'right' in the field of human affairs there would be no reason or call for 'improvement'. Thinking and saying that essentially dismisses any and all thought that there could be improvements in terms of one's own psychospiritual configuration and relational behaviors or in social 'norms' or 'morals'. I suppose this appeals to those who think/feel that they are 'sitting pretty' (or just want to be 'content' being and doing so). https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us...sitting-pretty

No one has to do anything.

Quote:
... and expand your consciousness until you become the whole universe.
This is seductive, hubristic 'dream' projection. One may personally resonate with the 'whole universe' to the degree that one has the capacity to do so. But the thought that one has actually become (indentical with) the entire inverse is a (megalomaniacal?) fantasy which flies in the face of logic, IMO. It leads to self-justification - thinking, feeling, and believing that whatever one thinks, feels, and believes is unequivocally 'right' (as Joe Mc's quote indicates).

That's a subjectively generated axiomatic philosophical postulate, IMO.
One could equally well postulate that "The Reality in back of the universe is Pure Love" (with 'awareness' just regarded as being a tool faciltating Its/Love's unfoldment) and then elect to consciously proceed on such belief-basis. The former postulate allows for and encourages/promotes solipsistic relational dissociation, IMO. Check out what at https://www.iep.utm.edu/solipsis/ for a discussion of some of the potential liabilities which may be consequent.

Quite the hallucinatory 'disappearing' (of what Really Is the case, in my subjective opinion) 'act' that! Path of Least Resistance, Easy-Peasy, No-Sweat for those who have the mind of mind-and-spirit (i.e. 'soul') configuration which gravititates toward and accommodates such way of Being.

Hi DS ,

I completely agree with you arguments . While I agree with general spirit of the thread to have trust in God and in its ways unconditionally , all clarifications you made are right and relevant as this forum is seen people from all background and of all ages . If any of the teachings of spirituality misguide/mislead (even unintentionally) someone into passivity /laziness (in the name of meditation / peace ) that's not the real purpose of spirituality. Real purpose of spirituality is to enlighten our awake life also (12-14 hours full of activity) with the peace / insights / confidence gained from meditation and to be able to experience the one-ness with universe even in activity and enjoy the run in this beautiful and wonderful world. God really wants His children to understand ,experience and appreciate the His world which one can not do in passive state.