Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 17-02-2017, 03:23 PM
Master
feel better linen... here's a nice cup of tea and some fresh new cookies for ya.

clover - I don't have the flu cough, I have post nasal drip cough from my stupid draining sinuses - I'd rather have the flu cough, at least that would end eventually...

tealily, penguins? that sounds awesome....
Old 17-02-2017, 04:03 PM
Master
Thx for the ducky picture, faithy. So cute.

One of my cupboards is filled with lots of different vitamins/supplements.
Taking mega-doses of C on a fairly regular basis is a great idea - not just waiting until a bad situation hits. Also, Vit.D - just read an article about how it helps with the flu and colds. Also magnesium - amazing health helpers.

My LL gave me a monitor for my computer yesterday (I had to buy a stand for it) and he set it up for me. My old monitor was a 20-incher or thereabouts. I was always leaning forward and squinting to see things. This one is about 32" - So nice!

We're in for some cold and rain here over the weekend. Might shop for a love seat recliner.

Old 17-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Master

thnx jojo! Thanks! Yum! Doing good today. Wednesday night I got glutened. It always lands me in bed for the next 24 hours.

How wonderful Silver. Hopefully the resolution is even better than your old monitor. Bundle up
Old 18-02-2017, 10:28 PM
Master

Morning all!

@ linen - get well soon!

I'm almost to the end of a major data entry project, really hoping for a finish today. Have been breaking up the computer stuff with housecleaning - it's looking spiffier than it has in weeks haha!
Old 20-02-2017, 03:26 PM
Deactivated Account

Morning beautiful souls. Happy beginning of the week. I wish you all peace, love and happiness.

@Silver, good job staying on top of the game with Vitamins. I got this killer cough that comes and goes, you would think I could take more precautions! Iron and biotin are the ones I consistently take every day ( biotin- I am so vain ;p lol) There is this herbal flower that starts with an E that all these members recommend to take. I forget the name but I need to pick some up. Of course, someone also recommended raw garlic... err ill pass : D Busy week ahead, Ill be hiding in my Private message box if you need me lol

Ill probably make a new Morning Thread here soon, this one is getting awfully heavy...
Old 20-02-2017, 03:30 PM
Master
linen - Echinacea --

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supple...redientid=981&

Echinacea is an herb that is native to areas east of the Rocky Mountains in the United States. It is also grown in western States, as well as in Canada and Europe. Several species of the echinacea plant are used to make medicine from its leaves, flower, and root. Echinacea was used in traditional herbal remedies by the Great Plains Indian tribes. Later, settlers followed the Indians' example and began using echinacea for medicinal purposes as well. For a time, echinacea enjoyed official status as a result of being listed in the US National Formulary from 1916-1950. However, use of echinacea fell out of favor in the United States with the discovery of antibiotics. But now, people are becoming interested in echinacea again because some antibiotics don't work as well as they used to against certain bacteria.

Echinacea is widely used to fight infections, especially the common cold, the flu, and other upper respiratory infections. Some people take echinacea at the first sign of a cold, hoping they will be able to keep the cold from developing. Other people take echinacea after cold symptoms have started, hoping they can make symptoms less severe.

Echinacea is also used against many other infections including urinary tract infections, vaginal yeast infections, herpes, HIV/AIDS, human papilloma virus (HPV), bloodstream infections (septicemia), tonsillitis, streptococcus infections, syphilis, typhoid, malaria, ear infection, swine flu, warts, and nose and throat infections called diphtheria.

Other uses include anxiety, low white blood cell count, chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), rheumatoid arthritis, migraines, acid indigestion, pain, dizziness, rattlesnake bites, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and improving exercise performance.

Sometimes people apply echinacea to their skin to treat boils, gum disease, abscesses, skin wounds, ulcers, burns, eczema, psoriasis, sun-related skin damage, herpes simplex, yeast infections, bee stings, snake and mosquito bites, and hemorrhoids.

Echinacea is also used as an injection to treat vaginal yeast infections and urinary tract infections (UTIs).

Commercially available echinacea products come in many forms including tablets, juice, and tea.

There are concerns about the quality of some echinacea products on the market. Echinacea products are frequently mislabeled, and some may not even contain echinacea, despite label claims. Don't be fooled by the term "standardized." It doesn't necessarily indicate accurate labeling. Also, some echinacea products have been contaminated with selenium, arsenic, and lead.

How does it work?

Echinacea seems to activate chemicals in the body that decrease inflammation, which might reduce cold and flu symptoms.

Laboratory research suggests that echinacea can stimulate the body's immune system, but there is no evidence that this occurs in people.

Echinacea also seems to contain some chemicals that can attack yeast and other kinds of fungi directly.
Old 20-02-2017, 03:31 PM
Master
is there nothing Echinacea can't do...
Closed Thread